Thread: The Scalpers are ALREADY at it...!

Thumbs down The Scalpers are ALREADY at it...!

I'm physically ILL over this!!! Just did an ebay check to see how bad the greed would be for people taking advantage of the pre-sale. Disgusted - fuckin' SLIME!

Karma may take her sweet time

Default Re: The Scalpers are ALREADY at it...!

Not a big deal. Unless a few major additions come through, the festival should not sell out. The scalpers are going to get fleeced this year.
    For your health

ya fucking idiot scalpers no worries
    Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    Make up rumors of who's playing > keep track of who's confirmed > whine about where the lineup is > lineup announced! > bitch about how the lineup sucks > whine about what bands will be added > bands finally added! > whine about where set times are > set times finally announced! > bitch about how set times suck > goto show > come back and say Coachella was best ever! > start rumors for next year

I wonder if people will bid on those overpriced auctions, even when the festival is not sold out.

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    Not a big deal. Unless a few major additions come through, the festival should not sell out. The scalpers are going to get fleeced this year.
    I agree.

Coachella will not sell out this year...

that is until a week or two before the festival when Roger Waters name drops off the poster and is replaced by Pink Floyd.
    It makes sense. That way, all the fans of the rest of the line up get thier tickets first. Then, just before the festival, change it to Pink Floyd to sell more tickets. GV are smart. They know what they are doing.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    I wonder if people will bid on those overpriced auctions, even when the festival is not sold out.
    Last year there was someone selling a 3day pass to Coachella in MAY, AND the person had the DATE of the event listed as being held at the END of may. THERE WERE BIDS ON IT! I don't know who would pay that kind of money for an event like this and not even know enough about it to KNOW IT JUST ENDED!!! Oh well, guess some people learn the hard way.

I don't think this year will sell out either. But it might later on if there are any big changes like we've seen in the past.

Quote Originally Posted by tripcalifornia View Post
    Last year there was someone selling a 3day pass to Coachella in MAY, AND the person had the DATE of the event listed as being held at the END of may. THERE WERE BIDS ON IT! I don't know who would pay that kind of money for an event like this and not even know enough about it to KNOW IT JUST ENDED!!! Oh well, guess some people learn the hard way.

I don't think this year will sell out either. But it might later on if there are any big changes like we've seen in the past.
    ***writing a note to save coachella tickets and put on eBay when I get back from indio.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Coachella will not sell out this year...

that is until a week or two before the festival when Roger Waters name drops off the poster and is replaced by Pink Floyd.
    It makes sense. That way, all the fans of the rest of the line up get thier tickets first. Then, just before the festival, change it to Pink Floyd to sell more tickets. GV are smart. They know what they are doing.
    that would be fucking sweet....I had a nightmare or 2 before the line up was announced with pink floyd headlining and tickets selling out before i got them
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    that would be fucking sweet....I had a nightmare or 2 before the line up was announced with pink floyd headlining and tickets selling out before i got them
    My point exactly! If they anounce Pink Floyd is headlining extremely close to the festival, it will cut down MAJOR on scalping. Because we all know the second Pink Floyd was anounced, tickets would sell out.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    My point exactly! If they anounce Pink Floyd is headlining extremely close to the festival, it will cut down MAJOR on scalping. Because we all know the second Pink Floyd was anounced, tickets would sell out.
    true, true....the bad part about this, is that it's just getting my hopes up...I should accept that it is just going to be Roger and that's it...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

are any of them Delta?

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Who gives a fuck what people are selling tickets on ebay for?

I sure as fuck don't. If someone wants to be extra, it's their choice. You people act like scalpers are holding a knife to your throat to pay for the events.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Who gives a fuck what people are selling tickets on ebay for?

I sure as fuck don't. If someone wants to be extra, it's their choice. You people act like scalpers are holding a knife to your throat to pay for the events.
    It's not a big deal until or unless it's sold out. I think it's wrong when something sells out SPECIFICALLY DUE to scalpers sweeping up mass amounts of tickets the second a popular event opens. When many scalpers do this at once, it can sell out the show prematurely and jack up the prices to an unaffordable price. Then no, no ones holding a knife to my throat to buy the ticket, I just simply can't buy the ticket at all

It's not a big deal until or unless it's sold out. I think it's wrong when something sells out SPECIFICALLY DUE to scalpers sweeping up mass amounts of tickets the second a popular event opens. When many scalpers do this at once, it can sell out the show prematurely and jack up the prices to an unaffordable price. Then no, no ones holding a knife to my throat to buy the ticket, I just simply can't buy the ticket at all
    This is almost never the case. Many of us think it is, but it isn't. search for threads about ticket scalping, there was a study conducted by a couple of Stanford economists that broke down the secondary ticket market and even the most desirable shows usually only garner at best 10% resold tickets.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    This is almost never the case. Many of us think it is, but it isn't. search for threads about ticket scalping, there was a study conducted by a couple of Stanford economists that broke down the secondary ticket market and even the most desirable shows usually only garner at best 10% resold tickets.
    Interesting. I'm actually really glad to hear that.

Interesting. I'm actually really glad to hear that.
    He works for a ticket agency, he would know.

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    He works for a ticket agency, he would know.
    Worked for a ticket agency. And even we never took free tickets we won in a Goldenvoice contest and then tried scalping them in full view of the box office workers at The El Rey who'd just given them to us, unlike some chubby Guatemalan dorks on this board.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Banned

Caveat emptor my friends. I takes 2 for a scalper to make it. One is tha scalper and 2 is the fucking idiot who pays the price the scapler is asking.

Quote Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
    Caveat emptor my friends. I takes 2 for a scalper to make it. One is tha scalper and 2 is the fucking idiot who pays the price the scapler is asking.
    It is supply & demand and they fill a need in our capitalistic society.
    I just hate the crooked ones that sell fake or already used tickets.
    There is more & more of that going on, so it is always wise to buy from a scalper/broker that is recommended & stands behind his sale to you (not just a random dude you see on the corner).
    I have a guy that I use when I need Suns tickets or when I want to dump some of my Cardinals tickets.
    He even got me my Coachella tix last year.
    He says the big events really draw the crooks from all over the US...so buyer beware!

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    true, true....the bad part about this, is that it's just getting my hopes up...I should accept that it is just going to be Roger and that's it...
    Haha yeah... I know... It's gonna be like the inevitable disapointment I set myself up for when Maynard didn't hit the stage when Rage played Know Your Enemy.
    Nah, this whole Pink Floyd business is much to unrealistic. If it did happen, that would be beyond amazing. But its likely not. Roger Waters is still going to be amazing.
    Damn, I just noticed you quoted me too haha. Oh well. If it happens. Yeah! If it doesn't... meh.

scalping is scalping and it sucks whether its a ticket agency or not.
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011