Thread: Coming from Denmark - need help!

Hybrid View

Smile Coming from Denmark - need help!

Hey everyone..

I'm from Denmark, and going with my friend. The reunion of RATM convinced us, that we had to go. We are planning on flying from Copenhagen to Los Angeles, and stay there for 4-5 days. Then we need a little advice, on how to get from LA to the festival.

Is the easiest way to Indio, if we fly to Palm Springs from LA, and then take the bus? How far is the festivalplace from Palm Springs?

Looking forward to hear from some of you guys .

Anders - Denmark

Default Re: Coming from Denmark - need help!

If you are over 25, you could rent a car it's a 2hrs drive depending on the traffic, A flight from LAX to Palm Spring should be cheap and not long, but to be honest I don't know if there's an actual flight, it should be the quickest way, now I m not sure if there a bus going from Palm Springs to Indio. If you don't want to rent a car, you might consider taking a bus from LA to Indio using Greyhound. You can check greyhound online to see their schedules. The last think you might considerer its a train from LA to Indio, in that case you need to check AMTRAK, trains here are not like in Europe, you dont have to many. In essence check this sites:

southwest airlines
    Greyhound buses
    Amtrak

Are you flying directly from Coppenhagen to LAX ?? or are you taking intermediate stops in anothe american cities ... if you take stops, there might be direct flights to Palm Springs or Ontario, both of them are better than LAX (due to traffic)
    check
    http://www.greyhound.com/

Are you flying directly from Coppenhagen to LAX ?? or are you taking intermediate stops in anothe american cities ... if you take stops, there might be direct flights to Palm Springs or Ontario, both of them are better than LAX (due to traffic)
    check
    greyhound.com/

Hey Carlitos,

And thanks for answering back. We are flying from Copenhagen, through Newark, to Los Angeles. We want to go to LA, so we can be "turists" in a big american city (has been to Boston before) for a couple of days time before the festival.

So therefore, do you consider a bus from LA to Indio easier than taking a flight - and how long will the busride be then? I'm only 20, so I can't rent a car unfortunately.

Anders - Denmark

Smile Re: Coming from Denmark - need help!

LA is really fun, be aware you are not gonna be able to drink.. legal age to drink in USA is 20, there's lots of places in LA where you can go, I think that taking the bus is the best that you can do. Also, be aware that Taxis in LA is expensive and public transportation really sucks compare to your country, anyway we can keep in touch, I am going to the concert with two friends from Ecuador, so If you are camping on site, we are gonna have an Ecuadorian flag in our tents.

I meant 21 years ... in my last post

Thanks again Carlitos.. We will try to hook up with you guys at camp site. And I think we will take one of those Greyhound busses from LA to Indio. I know the legal drinking age is 21, but my friend is almost 22, so he can buy me drinks, beers etc. in the grocery stores in LA

Smile Re: Coming from Denmark - need help!

No worries, good luck and we keep in touch.