Results 1 to 16 of 16

Thread: Here's an idea

  1. #1

    Default Here's an idea

    How about doing like last year with RHCP/Tiesto deal and bumping Jack Johnson to subheadliner, and adding Moby as a headliner! He got some new material coming, surely he'll agree. Whaddya say GV? Pretty please?!

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie brando4n82's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Moorpark, CA
    Posts
    6,165

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Quote Originally Posted by archimme View Post
    How about doing like last year with RHCP/Tiesto deal and bumping Jack Johnson to subheadliner, and adding Moby as a headliner! He got some new material coming, surely he'll agree. Whaddya say GV? Pretty please?!
    Moby? puh-leease

    thats a bad please if you didnt get that...
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

    Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

  3. #3
    Member waxybk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    I'd be great to have Moby be a headliner if it was Moby circa late 90s. But to have him headline with his new material, at a huge festival might put me to sleep.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

    Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

  4. #4
    old school MassiveChemicalPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of God
    Posts
    3,235

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Quote Originally Posted by waxybk View Post
    I'd be great to have Moby be a headliner if it was Moby circa late 90s. But to have him headline with his new material, at a huge festival might put me to sleep.
    Yeah. I was just realizing that GV wants to put us to sleep this year. Don't get me wrong. I love Portishead and like Roger W, but all headliners have soft music, even Roger W. so everynight (except Saturday if Kraftwerk ends the festival) will end really mellow.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

  5. #5
    Member waxybk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Well I think it's absolutely awesome that there is a lot of downtempo acts on the lineup. Some I prefer more than others. But Moby's music these days sorta makes me want to kill myself. It's so freaking dramatic. A bit different from when I head him at rave, way back when raves still happened on this coast.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

    Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

  6. #6
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Quote Originally Posted by waxybk View Post
    Well I think it's absolutely awesome that there is a lot of downtempo acts on the lineup. Some I prefer more than others. But Moby's music these days sorta makes me want to kill myself. It's so freaking dramatic. A bit different from when I head him at rave, way back when raves still happened on this coast.
    What downtempo acts are on the lineup?

  7. #7
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Hasn't Moby been doing Deejay sets lately or something? Is he going be old skool?


    NExT IS THE NEXT IS THE IS THE NEXT IS THE E.

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  8. #8
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    here's an idea... why don't we all shit in bags instead of using the porta johns and then.. throw our bags of shit at jack johnson at the end of friday night?

    sounds good to me.

  9. #9
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    Yeah. I was just realizing that GV wants to put us to sleep this year. Don't get me wrong. I love Portishead and like Roger W, but all headliners have soft music, even Roger W. so everynight (except Saturday if Kraftwerk ends the festival) will end really mellow.
    Even Kraftwerk is kind of mellow live, It's not like their music is really "dancey".

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  10. #10
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    here's an idea... why don't we all shit in bags instead of using the porta johns and then.. throw our bags of shit at jack johnson at the end of friday night?

    sounds good to me.
    What if Jack Johnson fans do the same at Portishead or Roger Waters?

  11. #11
    Member Basskitten85's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Through the looking glass
    Posts
    254

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Agreed get someone better than that Jack johnson son of a bitch
    "There's a shadow just behind me,shrouding every breath I take,making every promise empty,pointing every finger at me."

  12. #12
    Member beavington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    Yeah. I was just realizing that GV wants to put us to sleep this year. Don't get me wrong. I love Portishead and like Roger W, but all headliners have soft music, even Roger W. so everynight (except Saturday if Kraftwerk ends the festival) will end really mellow.
    i dont think i would ever call Portishead live mellow.
    at least it wont put you to sleep like perhaps belle & sebastian did to me (although it was very nice sleepy music)

  13. #13
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    What if Jack Johnson fans do the same at Portishead or Roger Waters?
    jack johnson has fans? even if all 10 of them tried to save enough money they'd just spend it on pot instead of tickets.

    just saying..

  14. #14
    Member waxybk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty
    Posts
    415

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    From what I have heard his new album is gonna be more like his old stuff, but still realllly mellow.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

    Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

    Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

  15. #15
    Member gratytrainridesagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    minnesoda
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    Maybe after all the stuff that happened in the campgrounds last year they decided to have a more mellow festival, after all when was the last time you've seen Roger Waters fans starting fires.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

  16. #16
    Member brycerosen's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    1,512

    Default Re: Here's an idea

    moby would be tight, But we need a really good band
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

    Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Similar Threads

  1. My idea...
    By cansei de ser sexme in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 07:56 PM
  2. GREAT IDEA!!!
    By TOGETHERRR in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 04:12 PM
  3. The I had no idea file
    By Ardentbiscuit in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 01-03-2008, 06:43 AM
  4. entertainment idea...
    By shakermaker113 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 16
    Last Post: 08-14-2007, 07:20 PM
  5. Bad Idea?
    By Rain13 in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 04-21-2007, 02:23 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •