Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Thread: $40 in service fees.

Default Re: $40 in service fees.

Quote Originally Posted by Basskitten85 View Post
    SAd not much of a discount eh..so pathetic
    NO its Not! Last year our tix were 220.00! a 20 dollar discount is kind of pointless. Im waiting for APW!

Not going to the show... Priceless

I swear you people will NEVER learn to not print out your tickets. ITS 3 MONTHS AWAY!!! why do you need them in your hands NOW!!

Didnt buy mine today, there is no point, I gotta go to the glasshouse as it is to buy camping tickets, so why have to worry about getting them online for 2 bucks more?

Quote Originally Posted by luckyface View Post
    TicketFast is kind of annoying now. You have to login to TM to print off tickets. If you need to sell them, in becomes a royal pain in the ass.
    it's not too hard, just print them out and scan them back into the computer in a .pdf file, then you just email it.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    It's all the tents and stages
    actually one dollar a day goes to charity, i believe. the other $3 goes to the venue, which is technically the "building facility".

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Tickets (Coachella Valley Music & Arts Festival - 3 DAY PASS)
    3 Day (Fri-Sat-Sun) General Admission Presale US $249.00 x 1
    Total Building Facility Charge(s) US $12.00
    Total Convenience Charge(s) US $21.60

Order Processing Charge(s) US $5.10
    TicketFast Delivery
    We'll e-mail you a link to your ticket(s). To pick them up, simply log in, print them out and present them at the venue.
    US $2.50

TOTAL CHARGES US $290.20
    I just checked my order status online, and it's higher than what I was told when I purchased my ticket:
    DESERT Tickets US $249.00 x 1
    Total Convenience Charge(s) US $28.80 x 1
    Total Building Facility Charge(s) US $16.00 x 1
    Order Processing Charge US $5.10
    TOTAL CHARGES US $298.90

Did anyone else get inexplicably raped for an additional $11.20?
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    I just checked my order status online, and it's higher than what I was told when I purchased my ticket:
    DESERT Tickets US $249.00 x 1
    Total Convenience Charge(s) US $28.80 x 1
    Total Building Facility Charge(s) US $16.00 x 1
    Order Processing Charge US $5.10
    TOTAL CHARGES US $298.90

Did anyone else get inexplicably raped for an additional $11.20?
    That's weird. They tell me that my total is also $298.90, but they only charged my credit card $287.70. Must be a glitch.

My bank says a pre-authorization charge of $287.70, as well, but it could be like a restaurant where you get billed for the real amount days later.
    4/8 Summer Camp @ Echo, 4/11-13 Coachella, 4/17 SISU, Dum Dum Girls @ Roxy, 4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/4 Nisennenmondai @ Jazzhouse, 6/18-22 Sled Island

No way they could get away with that. You didn't agree to it. Maybe those are the fees for the regular tickets?
    For your health

JustSteve: or, alternately, install software which allows you to 'print' to a pdf file by installing a printer driver that reroutes to pdf.

Again, everyone who doesnt like ticketfast, QUIT DOING IT. Everyone who is all for saving money, why do you spend more money on something? You are defeating the purpose here of trying to cut fees and charges as much as possible.

I don't think anyone who is using ticketfast would say they don't like ticketfast. I know I think ticketfast is *great*. I also think ticketmaster is an abusive monopoly. They're hardly inconsistent views.

I, for the life of me, will never understand why people have to pay $2.50 to have the ability to print out their own ticket using their own ink and paper, while it's free to to have ticketmaster print real tickets on their paper and mail it to you on their dime.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    I don't think anyone who is using ticketfast would say they don't like ticketfast. I know I think ticketfast is *great*. I also think ticketmaster is an abusive monopoly. They're hardly inconsistent views.

Ticketmaster is not a monopoly. Tickets.com is one huge one. Almost all of MLB uses it as opposed to ticketmaster. There are tons of other smaller companies as well all over the net.
    I do understand they sign exclusive contracts with venues, however many companies do that, it's a way of business. That doesn't equal monopoly.

Quote Originally Posted by fsm10 View Post
    I, for the life of me, will never understand why people have to pay $2.50 to have the ability to print out their own ticket using their own ink and paper, while it's free to to have ticketmaster print real tickets on their paper and mail it to you on their dime.
    paying for convenience

Quote Originally Posted by fsm10 View Post
    Some folks don't have a safe mailing address, and Ticketmaster will only mail to the address of your credit card/check card. Spending $2.50 to insure my tix won't be lost/stolen is an affordable deal.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    Ticketmaster is not a monopoly. Tickets.com is one huge one. Almost all of MLB uses it as opposed to ticketmaster. There are tons of other smaller companies as well all over the net.
    I do understand they sign exclusive contracts with venues, however many companies do that, it's a way of business. That doesn't equal monopoly.
    They're not a monopoly by the definition of monopoly but they sure got the ballz of most venues. They own Ticketweb too apparently? These lesser companies have waaaay less "convenience" fees so I wonder why ticketmaster is so inefficient! You'd think their fees would be minimal now after all the 30 years of expertise. Apparently they're losing the LiveNation contract in 2009...

http://www.msnbc.msn.com/id/22735837/

In December, concert promoter Live Nation, Ticketmaster's biggest client, said it would begin selling its own tickets in 2009. Live Nation accounted for about 15 percent of West Hollywood, Calif.-based Ticketmaster's roughly $1 billion in revenue in 2006.
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by send me ctrpllrs View Post
    I've been using standard mail with ticketmaster for a while and never had a problem...
    ...a great place to not lose tickets is on the fridge!
    I agree on both counts. or, keep your 'chella tickets with your herb stash. not only will you always know where they are, but you'll be reminded of the impending awesomeness every time you go for some weed

Yeah it's bogus, ticketmaster will do anything to rape your wallet. Mine came up to 287.70.

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

Now I'm part of the 'yay, I have tickets! but boo service fees club'...

woo

I don't see why GV can't use a different ticket distribution method than Ticketmaster.

and at this point, with $250-$270 tickets (plus the extra $40..), major corporate sponsorship doesn't sound like such a bad thing to me.

Total Charge: US $ 287.70

BARFFFF what was that $21 fee???

Quote Originally Posted by James View Post
    I don't see why GV can't use a different ticket distribution method than Ticketmaster.
    Duh! Because they are awesome at distributing will call tickets.
    For your health

What's pissing me off is that i have to pay service charges again tommorrow for camping tix, that's just fucked up. the presale should have included camping

I don't understand people who print the poor man-looking tickets. They pay for it to boot!
    Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

Last year,I waited in line to get in on Sunday with one of the guys who camped next to me.After about a 45 minute wait,we pull out our tickets (I had a hard ticket and he had a Ticket-Fast one) and his was all smeared,to where the barcodes couldn't be scanned, from when we got hosed down by the guy with the hose by the showers.He looked like he was about to cry,and then suddenly he smiled and said,"Man,this is my Saturday ticket!"
    He went back and got his Sunday ticket,but he had to wait in the line again.Lesson:If you print out your ticket,print out several and keep 'em seperate.Also try not to get hosed down when you have an inkjet printed ticket on you.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by coldstart View Post
    I _always_ get tickets shipped to me via Standard Mail for any event I'm going to and I've never had a problem.
    Same here - I like a physical ticket, not an email, cause I save my stubs. I go to TONS of shows a year, every year for the last 10 years. I have NEVER had a ticket lost or not delivered.