Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: $40 in service fees.

Default Re: $40 in service fees.

Quote Originally Posted by neverclever View Post
    Standard mail is fine this far ahead of time. If you don't get your tickets with a month to go you can tell ticketmaster, they void the old ones and you get new ones....... and you don't have to pay any "insurance" fees or the highly retarded $2.50 charge to PRINT THEM OUT YOURSELF... you're paying to do more work!
    I hate to say it.. but ticketmaster is pretty good about lost tickets and they will just have you pick them up at will call instead.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Building facility fee: $12.00

I didn't know there were any buildings in the polo fields.
    It's all the tents and stages

I just don't understand why they charge you for the $2.50... how does this inconvenience THEM at all? In fact they should be cheaper! The thousands of tickets that have been purchased already should have paid for the "program" that implemented this... so... they shouldn't charge for this at all is all I'm saying. And since they do charge I'll make them send the tickets to me. I'm responsible enough to keep them safe.
    They like the feel of your money as they rape you from behind.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    Right, since you've never been fucked over via standard mail, nobody else in the world ever has.
    I haven't, and I have had at least 50 tickets shipped to me.

(knock on wood)
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by morphous12 View Post
    yeah, I pay the ticketfast fee so that I have the tickets saved on my computer or flash drive. I simply print them out when I am ready.

It provides peace of mind.
    Doesn't work that way anymore unless you pay by phone. You need to print directly from the TM site now. Pain in the ASS!
    For your health

if you're buying in bulk it'll work out a couple bucks cheaper than glasshouse. So, for those who plan on buying 4 or more tickets, it would be good to do so today.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    If you understand the sponsorship difference there is no "but still".

Advertising dollars are HUGE!
    Right, but I'm not saying they should cut the cost by that much. I think if they did a presale for maybe $80 bucks off instead of $20, people would feel a little less like GV is ripping them off on this presale. Honestly, right now I would prefer a few more sponsorships if it meant a better lineup and better price.

I know this sponsorship debate has been beaten into he ground before so i really don't want to get that much into it. I'm going. I'm relatively satisfied with the lineup. I can't wait!!!!
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

$38.70 technically speaking...I hate the print out tickets and love the stubs...

I actually get lucky, my billing address is still my parents' house so all my tickets get sent there and they keep them safe until my next visit. I thought I had lost my Daft Punk tickets for their Berkeley show for about 3 hours, that was horrible.

I don't get things like that mailed to me because I've had post office problems before. I'd rather pay $2.50 than stand in a shitty will call line like last year. Sorry, I make enough money to pay the extra $5.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by coldstart View Post
    They like the feel of your money as they rape you from behind.
    They could at least REACH AROUND... it's only polite!
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't get things like that mailed to me because I've had post office problems before. I'd rather pay $2.50 than stand in a shitty will call line like last year. Sorry, I make enough money to pay the extra $5.
    Those printed tickets are so ugly though...

I just realized that in 2 weeks I will not be living at the address that I have my tickets being sent to. AND THR DRAMA BEGINS!!!!!!!!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I just don't understand why they charge you for the $2.50... how does this inconvenience THEM at all? In fact they should be cheaper! The thousands of tickets that have been purchased already should have paid for the "program" that implemented this... so... they shouldn't charge for this at all is all I'm saying. And since they do charge I'll make them send the tickets to me. I'm responsible enough to keep them safe.
    It's not because they are inconvenience, it's so you don't have to get off your ass. It's for you convenience. so, if you want it sent to your e-mail you pay or be a normal person and wait for them in the mail.

They should charge for it because it's a technology they come up with to make it more convenient for the user.

You had them mailed so bravo to you. Some would rather have it in their e-mail NOW so they pay the couple of bucks.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Sorry, I make enough money to pay the extra $5.
    Affluent businesswomen need NEVER apologize.

The $2.50 convenience fee for TicketFast is akin to the ATM surcharges: it's cheaper for the service provider for you to use it, but they charge you the fee anyway because they're a monopoly and they can.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    I just realized that in 2 weeks I will not be living at the address that I have my tickets being sent to. AND THR DRAMA BEGINS!!!!!!!!
    Shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Right, but I'm not saying they should cut the cost by that much. I think if they did a presale for maybe $80 bucks off instead of $20, people would feel a little less like GV is ripping them off on this presale. Honestly, right now I would prefer a few more sponsorships if it meant a better lineup and better price.
    I'm guessing some might agree and others might not. I am one who is completely happy about the lineup and love the prospect of this not selling out. However, I assume there is no presale because they had a hard time getting headliners this time around and they expect attendance to be a bit lower so it's ecenomics. Less people, less money so no presale.

Quote Originally Posted by full on idle View Post
    Affluent businesswomen...
    Is this your slogan???

i would call ticketmaster right now to try to preempt any drama.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

Faxman75, the trouble with your reasoning is this: the marginal cost to them of printing and mailing tickets is significantly higher than the marginal cost to them of using the ticketfast software. Once they've paid for the capital investment on the software, there are no variable costs to produce the tickets.

So using ticketfast saves them money ... yet they charge *more* for using this device which saves them money.

My guess as to what's happening is a combination of: the ticketfast software vendor charges a per-ticket royalty (ensuring that they continue to get paid), and ticketmaster feels perfectly happy to throw more on, because why not?

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I hate to say it.. but ticketmaster is pretty good about lost tickets and they will just have you pick them up at will call instead.
    That could ruin the first day of coachella...

Hey guys I have a question.

I don't live in the US but my sis does. she studies at MSU. she has an american credit card so she can buy the ticket for me, but it would be under her name.

Is there a problem if the ticket says her name and I use it? Do they check that?

Thanks for the info.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

As long as you don't need to pick up the ticket at Will Call, there should be no problem with the ticket being in a different name than the attendee. People buy tickets for their significant others and friends all the time.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    As long as you don't need to pick up the ticket at Will Call, there should be no problem with the ticket being in a different name than the attendee. People buy tickets for their significant others and friends all the time.
    Thanks Courtney.

No i think ill print them out. easier for me.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Quote Originally Posted by tessalasset View Post
    i would call ticketmaster right now to try to preempt any drama.
    Well the one good thing is that i know the guy moving into my place and I am not moving till the 15th. If they ship tickets in the next two weeks I should be ok, if not I can always just tell the guy who's moving into my place to call me.

You can either have the post office hold your mail or since you'll be filling out a "Change of Address" form through the post office they will be redirected to your new address!!!

Quote Originally Posted by aphrael View Post
    Faxman75, the trouble with your reasoning is this: the marginal cost to them of printing and mailing tickets is significantly higher than the marginal cost to them of using the ticketfast software. Once they've paid for the capital investment on the software, there are no variable costs to produce the tickets.

So using ticketfast saves them money ... yet they charge *more* for using this device which saves them money.
    That's a business decision. The fact is, they have a service that makes it more convenient to the customer and this service in turn makes them even more money. They are a business. If it was a dumb idea, they would see the results as such but as proven here people use ticketfast. Yes it does cost them more money to mail, however they more than make up for that loss with ticketfast and by offereing the free option, they keep the customer happy as well. It's a convenient option offered by the business to make them money. No more, no less. It makes perfect sense.

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    It's not because they are inconvenience, it's so you don't have to get off your ass. It's for you convenience. so, if you want it sent to your e-mail you pay or be a normal person and wait for them in the mail.

They should charge for it because it's a technology they come up with to make it more convenient for the user.

You had them mailed so bravo to you. Some would rather have it in their e-mail NOW so they pay the couple of bucks.
    I always imagine their company to be one big fat dude eating pork rinds as the head programmer. A few "interns" to input the concerts. A dozen or so costumer service people in some warehouse with like a pile of money in the corner. But whatever, people can pay whatever they want... and ticketmaster never needs to say what the fees actually are for. We all just know they make TONS of profit... yay for them!
    99 01 02 03 04 05 06 07 08 09 10 11 12 13!

Thanks for The Stone Roses and blur!!! Totally Enormous Extinct Dinosaurs, Electrelane, Dum Dum Girls, SISU, HUM, American Analog Set, Unrest, Lush, Inspiral Carpets, th' faith healers and Chavez for 2014 please!

Of course it's a business decision, and it's not a dumb idea; from their perspective, it's a brilliant idea.

But being a brilliant idea which makes them money doesn't make it any less objectionable from the other side. Nor does it change the fact that they're only able to do it because there is no functioning competitive market in being the ticket sales intermediary between venues and customers.