Results 1 to 17 of 17

Thread: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

  1. #1

    Default ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    I think we can all agree electro has taken over coachella. Which is awesome. pretty much every band/producer ive been listening to is on the line up. Super excited for Boys Noize ("Oi Oi Oi" to those of you who know whats up). would like to see them add Digitalism back this year though. They got it right with simian mobile.

    Its wierd how death cab (one of favorite bands of all time) is on there and then like its dead for all the indie rock heads. Band of horses? Shins? Peter bjorn john, taken by trees, Killers even? somebody. I'm sure they will let loose a few new additions by the time of the show but.

    I heard prodigy was suppose to play. If this is true. God damn they have a hit on there hands. I just feel bad for those who arn't part of the electro movement. but to the rest of us, sleep now.

  2. #2
    old school MassiveChemicalPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of God
    Posts
    3,235

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    I would like Band of Horses.

    There are alot of bands that have not been added.

    1990s
    Spoon
    Grand National
    Mute Math
    Art Brut
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

  3. #3
    Member insbordnat's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    In a blazing inferno
    Posts
    1,755

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    A return to the roots of Coachella, IMHO.

    I mean from the artists in my first year that I went (2001), look at the electronic lineup:

    Adam Freeland
    AK1200
    Andrea Parker
    Jason Bentley
    Jason Blakemore
    The Chemical Brothers
    Detroit Grand Pubahs
    Dieselboy
    Doc Martin
    Fatboy Slim
    Ian Pooley
    DJ Dara
    Kruder & Dorfmeister
    Christopher Lawrence
    The New Deal
    The Orb
    Paul Oakenfold
    Photek
    Plaid
    Saint Germain
    Roni Size and Reprazent
    Squarepusher
    Smith and Mighty
    Tricky
    Überzone

    There were very few non-electronic acts. Me thinks electronic is getting trendy again.
    Last edited by insbordnat; 01-23-2008 at 11:58 AM.
    northside groove...southside groove....eastside groove...westside groove

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie jackstraw94086's Avatar
    Join Date
    Dec 2006
    Posts
    8,354

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by insbordnat View Post
    A return to the roots of Coachella, IMHO.

    I mean from the artists in my first year that I went (2001), look at the electronic lineup:

    Adam Freeland
    AK1200
    Andrea Parker
    Jason Bentley
    Jason Blakemore
    The Chemical Brothers
    Detroit Grand Pubahs
    Dieselboy
    Doc Martin
    Fatboy Slim
    Ian Pooley
    DJ Dara
    Kruder & Dorfmeister
    Christopher Lawrence
    The New Deal
    The Orb
    Paul Oakenfold
    Photek
    Plaid
    Saint Germain
    Roni Size and Reprazent
    Squarepusher
    Smith and Mighty
    Tricky
    Überzone

    There were very few non-electronic acts. Me thinks electronic is getting trendy again.
    all in all that was a pretty good lineup. There are legends on that list, while these days the tent is filled with a dozen clones playing the same boring shit that only an angry moptop could love. The indy aesthetic has taken over the sahara tent. It's done.

    You can't count what's going on with this electro bullshit as an electronic trend. That music barely qualifies. It's bad rock music performed by computers. It's a giant step back for electronic music if you must call it that.

  5. #5
    Member donkey sex's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Surf City
    Posts
    2,047

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Might go if they give a tab of X with that $90 ticket.

  6. #6
    Member MonsoonSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Achewood, CA
    Posts
    2,091

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    Art Brut
    WHAT REALLY
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

  7. #7
    Member MonsoonSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Achewood, CA
    Posts
    2,091

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    if you're fucking with me I will kill until I am blind
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

  8. #8
    old school MassiveChemicalPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of God
    Posts
    3,235

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    jajaja chillout. a knew someone would bust my balls for that.

    I forgot to put Drangonforce on that list though
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

  9. #9
    Member MonsoonSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Achewood, CA
    Posts
    2,091

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    god damn

    I am so let down

    I will never be excited again
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

  10. #10

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by jackstraw94086 View Post
    all in all that was a pretty good lineup. There are legends on that list, while these days the tent is filled with a dozen clones playing the same boring shit that only an angry moptop could love. The indy aesthetic has taken over the sahara tent. It's done.

    You can't count what's going on with this electro bullshit as an electronic trend. That music barely qualifies. It's bad rock music performed by computers. It's a giant step back for electronic music if you must call it that.

    Bad rock music? Like who? Teenagers? MGMT? i hope ur not talking about justice and ed banger?

  11. #11
    Member
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    NYC
    Posts
    887

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindcq View Post
    Bad rock music? Like who? Teenagers? MGMT? i hope ur not talking about justice and ed banger?
    He is. While I disagree that it's bad, you can't deny that Justice are essentially a rock band masquerading as an electronic duo.

  12. #12
    Member erikua's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Tucson, Arizona
    Posts
    114

    Smile Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by mindcq View Post
    I think we can all agree electro has taken over coachella. Which is awesome.
    I think it’s only fitting Electro has taken over Coachella this year. With the godfathers of it going on stage Saturday night, how much better can it get? Kraftwerk :-)

  13. #13

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    There's a difference between electronic dance music and this electro-indie-rock shit that's going around: I saw The Rapture as an opening act and they were terrible: the worst of the rock and electronic worlds combined. There is a good amount of proper EDM this year, with Pendulum, Sasha & Digweed, Adam Freeland, etc... but a lot of these indie-electro bands are just indie rock with laptops, and shitty indie rock at that. It's just like The Klaxons- they're not content to be a synthy dance-punk band, but they have to rape rave culture for artistic credibility.

  14. #14

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by Robototron View Post
    He is. While I disagree that it's bad, you can't deny that Justice are essentially a rock band masquerading as an electronic duo.
    What makes a rock band? What makes an electronic act? Is basment jaxx a rock band? Is digitalism a electronic duo masquerading as a rock band?

  15. #15
    Member JoshTheBoyd's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Highland Park, CA
    Posts
    314

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    The Ed Banger style nu rave shit is exciting for some (myself included) because it's got the punk rock bent to it. Like when the Sex Pistols blew up, no one gave a fuck if Sid Vicious could play bass. It was just dirty nasty and badass. Same deal with Justice/Boys Noize... I'm sure if you fell in love with electronic music before this recent surge in popularity you can find numerous flaws with it. But nasty fuzzy bass gives me mental boners so I don't give a fuck.

    and the party rolls on.

  16. #16
    Member Trudeau's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    307

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by JoshTheBoyd View Post
    The Ed Banger style nu rave shit is exciting for some (myself included) because it's got the punk rock bent to it. Like when the Sex Pistols blew up, no one gave a fuck if Sid Vicious could play bass. It was just dirty nasty and badass. Same deal with Justice/Boys Noize... I'm sure if you fell in love with electronic music before this recent surge in popularity you can find numerous flaws with it. But nasty fuzzy bass gives me mental boners so I don't give a fuck.

    and the party rolls on.
    Quoted for troof.

  17. #17

    Default Re: ELECTRO HEAVY!!!!! My Thoughts on it.

    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    There are alot of bands that have not been added.
    ...
    Art Brut

    I would be shocked (SHOCKED!) if Art Brut were added... I am surprised Golden Voice didn't have them black-listed from playing in the US ever again after they singel handedly cost GV at least $100,000 in fines (playing past curfew).

    God I love them. They were mint in 06.

Similar Threads

  1. Your Favorite DJ/Electro artist...
    By crazzz2007 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 07-01-2008, 10:48 PM
  2. Electro
    By jayce in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 30
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:09 PM
  3. The Mexican/Latin Heavy lineup!
    By faxman75 in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 20
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 04:48 PM
  4. Hard Rock/heavy metal
    By André in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 02-24-2007, 01:20 PM
  5. Electro Panic!
    By TheInfiniteSadness in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 6
    Last Post: 01-25-2007, 08:07 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •