Thread: A Story for all the Whiners...

Default A Story for all the Whiners...

Coachella isnt all about the big ass "splashy" headliners that are so packed you can only see them from the gatorade stand.

for example:

Last year on Friday 3 friends and I had just seen Of Montreal and Arctic Monkeys. Being naturally exhausted, the place just started to cool down. Jesus and Mary Chain were not on for about a half hour so we decided to walk around.

We got a beer and headed towards the sahara to see what Felix da Housecat was all about. None of us had ever heard him. We walked in and it was groovin' pretty hard. We got up in the middle and were dancing when we heard what sounded like the "ooohhwwoop" from the beginning of Bloc Party's "Banquet." At first we thought Felix just sampled that vocal clip because it went on for so long. Before we knew it it had turned into a 10+ minute remix of "Banquet"(the best one I've ever heard.) We danced like mad men and then felt anew again when we saw Jesus and Mary Chain.

We talked about it afterwards and all agreed that the surprising experience in the Sahara was worth half our tickets each. And that came from an act none of us had heard or planned on watching.

So while your complaining about the absence of Radiohead and such, just remember that you absolutely never know what you might experience at Coachella. Thats what makes it so lovely.

Hell, if Radiohead or R.E.M was there you might be on the main stage suffering in the heat just for your "great spot" and miss some of the best surprises of your life.

I'm just sayin.

Default Re: A Story for all the Whiners...

do you think Forest Gump ever went to the zoo?

and yes, i agree with you exactly
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

I was there for felix and he threw it down hard man this year the sahara is gonna be carzy all weekend i know if i dont have anyone to see i will find some one playing in the sahara
    Coachella is better than Christmas

Modeselektor, Fatboy, and Simian for me this year

I wasn't there for Felix, but I suspect that might've been the Boys Noize remix.

This always happens at Coachella. I suspect this will happen this year with dan le sad vs Scroobius Pop and especially with Holy Fuck.

Holy Fuck are surprisingly awesome,

I almost didnt go to Daft Punk in 06.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Soulwax...Nite Versions nice surprise

Editors really surprised me

soulwax nite versions was AMAZING

yeah...soulwax surprised me as well. I was going to go watch the roots after CSS, but I didnt want to walk all the way from the Mojave to The Coachella so I went to the Sahara for soulwax.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I support this thread, looks like the hate is starting to subside...at least compared to yesterday.
    Quote Originally Posted by PersonalJesus28 View Post
    Paul Tollett do something!
    Daddy P! Help

I just don't care anymore. If they want to put crappy headliners on, so be it. I'll go to another stage. At least Yack Johnson won't drown out another stage like Tiesto did with TGTBATQ last year.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

My experience that best fits this thread would be wandering by the tent just in time for Rodrigo y Gabriela to start. Totally unexpected and totally awesome.

I can't wait! This is like having xmas presents and not being able to open them for three fucking months.

Quote Originally Posted by goatparade View Post
    Coachella isnt all about the big ass "splashy" headliners that are so packed you can only see them from the gatorade stand.

for example:

Last year on Friday 3 friends and I had just seen Of Montreal and Arctic Monkeys. Being naturally exhausted, the place just started to cool down. Jesus and Mary Chain were not on for about a half hour so we decided to walk around.

We got a beer and headed towards the sahara to see what Felix da Housecat was all about. None of us had ever heard him. We walked in and it was groovin' pretty hard. We got up in the middle and were dancing when we heard what sounded like the "ooohhwwoop" from the beginning of Bloc Party's "Banquet." At first we thought Felix just sampled that vocal clip because it went on for so long. Before we knew it it had turned into a 10+ minute remix of "Banquet"(the best one I've ever heard.) We danced like mad men and then felt anew again when we saw Jesus and Mary Chain.

We talked about it afterwards and all agreed that the surprising experience in the Sahara was worth half our tickets each. And that came from an act none of us had heard or planned on watching.

So while your complaining about the absence of Radiohead and such, just remember that you absolutely never know what you might experience at Coachella. Thats what makes it so lovely.

Hell, if Radiohead or R.E.M was there you might be on the main stage suffering in the heat just for your "great spot" and miss some of the best surprises of your life.

I'm just sayin.
    Yeah...I know what you mean.

I know that the best times to be had are usually not to be found at the main stage.

That's been my experience.

I'm just sayin.
    While I agree that there are gems to be found among the acts people have never seen or heard of before, people are not going to spend the money just to gamble that they're going to come across something they like to make it worth it. People I know what a sure thing up front and anything they discover on top of that sure thing makes the experience that much better.

Consider this story... I went to Coachella last year with a few friends because of Rage, RHCP, and other solid names. We each spent upwards of $1000 to get there. We had a fantastic time seeing the bands we wanted to see and also, like you, discovered how good lesser known acts like Gogol Bordello, CSS and Teddybears are. But the reason we bought tickets and made the long distance road trip down to Coachella was the headliners. If Bjork, Rage and RHCP were replace with something like Crowded House, Manu Chao, and Kaiser Chiefs we would not have gone.

Fast forward to this year. We had a place booked. We were all excited about the potential lineup because EVERY lineup in years passed had at least one headliner that excited us. We were ready to make the long road trip down again. Then Monday's bombshell happened. No Radiohead, no Chemical Bros., No Soundgarden or Chris Cornell solo, No R.E.M., no Beastie Boys, no Pearl Jam or Eddie Vedder solo, no Basement Jaxx. Not even a Kanye West, No Doubt or Green Day type "headliner". Instead it's Jack Johnson who I don't mind a track or two, but has no place as a FESTIVAL headliner... Portishead, a solid band, but in my eyes ranks an equivalent to a subheadliner like Jesus and Mary Chain or Crowded House in that I know who they are, might recognize a few songs if I heard them, but otherwise don't remember much... and Roger Waters who is probably the only one that can be called a headliner but would have been a better headliner with the rest of Pink Floyd. Unfortunately my friends and I just aren't really huge fans of Pink Floyd, but I think Roger Waters' show is intriguing enough for me to go this year.

So, here I am going to this year's Coachella and every single person I travelled with last year and a couple of their friends who were thinking of joining us this year have bailed because of the headliners. The lackluster headliners have literally screwed up my trip. I now either have to spend more than I was expecting to for flight and new accomodation or find other people I know to drive with. I have a distinct feeling I will have a very difficult time finding others interested in going because the first 2 questions I will get everytime is 1) Who's playing? and 2)Who's headlining? Those who I have asked so far are unimpressed. Even someone I know heavily in the DJ scene whom was jealous of me last year was apathetic to this year's lineup.

I can tell you right now there are quite a few others that are in my exact situation. We're from out of town, state, or country with previous experience with Coachella that are severely disappointed with how this year is turning out and have had multiple friends cancel.

Adding up those who cancelled on me, with 3-day tix going for $269... That's potentially $1600+ that Goldenvoice is not getting because they couldn't sign a headliner that could compare with those of years past.

People come for the headliners... They stay to find out what else they can discover. This is why so many people are upset with this year's lineup and considering how the angry posts have died down, this is why people have abandoned Coachella.

I'm coming this year, but with a lot less enthusiasm and a lot less money to spend on merchandise. We're not all whiners. Many of us have a legitimate beef with what's transpired.

I've got a story for all the whiners:

It's always been a fantasy of mine to be a sex slave for 2 bears, male and female, pleasing the male when she's tired, and vice versa. Slowly sliding my lips up and down his thick shaft, tasting his pre-cum on my tongue. Once he's had enough of that, he rolls over onto his back, lifting me up as though I weighed nothing. Gently placing me on his cock, I guide him in, feeling him stretch me wide open. I moan with pleasure, feeling him fill me up. He growls softly, I feel it rumble deep in his chest, vibrating all the way down his body and through mine. He continues to lift me up and then pull me down. He's doing all the work for me, it feels so good, the warmth of the fur, his paws either side of my waist. He is in total control, I'm just nothing compared to his vast size and strength, but I have total trust in him, I know he won't hurt me. I feel the pace quicken, almost imperceptibly. I slowly stroke myself, feeling myself nearing the point of no return coming closer with every stroke. I can hear the growl getting louder now; he speeds up even more, forcing me further and further down onto his thick cock. If it wasn't for the fact I my body is releasing so many endorphines, I would probably be screaming in agony. Except I am panting and whining, just like a bitch, begging her mate to fill her up. His claws dig in deeper, the pain, its excsquisite. It sends me over the edge. My head goes back, I let out a short grunt, I feel my cock explode, covering his chest fur in my seed. I keep stroking, it looks as though I'm trying to rip my cock out. I let out another grunt, another torrent flows forth, then another and another. A drop lands on the beasts muzzle. He seems confused for a moment. That's what I think. He digs his paws in even harder now and slams me onto his cock, I feel his grumble turn into a roar. He's cumming, oh my god. I can feel in, filling me up. It's undescribable. He's mating with me, he's claimed me. I feel him slow, his cock still throbbing within me, it seems as though there's no more room for his cum. It's dripping out of me, onto his fur. I reach down, and then bring my hand up, tasting him. It's more than I ever expected. It's heaven.

now that's a story

for example:

I'm just sayin.
    So basically people with really boring taste in music should be really happy about this lineup because they might find one of the few bands that isn't already well-known? Oh, ok.

rodrigo y gabriela was that for me last year =D

(well - i DID intend to see them, but i'd never heard of them until after the lineup was announced and someone mentioned them in here, on that "if you like XYZ you might like XYZ" thread...). anyway, the point is that their performance - even though they're not a "headliner" act - was my worth-half-the-ticket experience for '07.

i suspect MIA will be that for me in '08 b/c i missed her the last time she was in LA, and scalped tickets were going for $100+...
    COACHELLA 99-01-05-06-07-08-09-10-11-12

Quote Originally Posted by BeeII View Post
    I've got a story for all the whiners:

now that's a story
    That's pretty fucking hot!