Page 6 of 24 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast
Results 151 to 180 of 693

Thread: Poster Changes

  1. #151
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    If the Prodigy were added... I would go apeshit. I don't use that term often... but my excitement would be hard to contain. It would be ALMOST as intense as when I saw Madness were on the line up this year.

    Almost.
    I agree.... if they are added I will eat this post....thats how you say it, right Josh?
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  2. #152
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by microlovebeat View Post
    you know has much as i don't like the prodigy, they could very well be the trick up their sleeve.

    back when cooking vinyl announced they were playing and then immediately retracted it...maybe that was GV's surprise or something and they didn't want it out.
    oh god, i hope so... Any additions would be appreciated at this point.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  3. #153
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    I am in the same boat as you guys.

    I am a die hard prodigy fan, have been for the past 5 years - I used to follow the likes of this band religioiusly, had every track and remix they had made.

    If they added, forget this post - I will devour this entire thread.

  4. #154
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    I am in the same boat as you guys.

    I am a die hard prodigy fan, have been for the past 5 years - I used to follow the likes of this band religioiusly, had every track and remix they had made.

    If they added, forget this post - I will devour this entire thread.
    I was one second away from buying tickets to Rock Im Park since they were added... but after lookin at the budget, no way i could drop 3G for a weekend in Germany with the girlfriend....so I vowed, 1st north american Prodigy date, im there! No matter what!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  5. #155
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    oh man, I caught their last tour in 06, in DC.

    They played Break and Enter at the start of their set. It was unbelieveable. The entire crowd was drenched in sweat after 5 mins.

  6. #156

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    hmmm..prodigy perhaps, but the california radio stations that leaked that coachella was gonna announce some additions this week and update the poster said they were adiing rock acts.....

  7. #157
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    a HAH - here is what it was like. Amazing.



    best opener ever.

  8. #158
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Have you seen their dvd? so EPIC... amazing performance at Brixton Academy 97... opening up with Smack My Bitch Up...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  9. #159
    Member Cpt. Funkaho's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Fairbanks, Alaska
    Posts
    2,072

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    a HAH - here is what it was like. Amazing.
    Jesus Christ, the things I would give to see that show.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

  10. #160
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    nah i've yet to get it, havent been able to find it. But i used to have about 20 gigs of theirs recorded, from the 90s and from 2004-2007. Opening up with SMBU is pretty sick - but I think it makes for a better closer.

    There is nothing more magical than yelling "smack my bitch up" at the top of your lungs with 2,000 other people.

  11. #161
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    nah i've yet to get it, havent been able to find it. But i used to have about 20 gigs of theirs recorded, from the 90s and from 2004-2007. Opening up with SMBU is pretty sick - but I think it makes for a better closer.

    There is nothing more magical than yelling "smack my bitch up" at the top of your lungs with 2,000 other people.
    buy the dvd! trust me, you'll love it to death. no, it looks unreal as an opener...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  12. #162
    Member ATamreLion's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    3(OH!)3
    Posts
    133

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by damon8 View Post
    hmmm..prodigy perhaps, but the california radio stations that leaked that coachella was gonna announce some additions this week and update the poster said they were adiing rock acts.....
    Good. No more dance music please.

  13. #163
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by damon8 View Post
    hmmm..prodigy perhaps, but the california radio stations that leaked that coachella was gonna announce some additions this week and update the poster said they were adiing rock acts.....
    If thats the case, I can see someone like The Mars Volta or Queens of the Stone Age being added to Sunday and playing before Roger Waters.

    Quote Originally Posted by ATamreLion View Post
    Good. No more dance music please.
    You obviously haven't listened to The Prodigy.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  14. #164
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by ATamreLion View Post
    Good. No more dance music please.
    Prodigy is no mere dance music....they put on a freaking show....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  15. #165
    Coachella Junkie summerkid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego
    Posts
    6,661

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    i feel the need to post this in any thread that contains talk of additions because of Kraftwerk moving up to coheadline status. Remember Spiritualized is being moved to saturday this move by kraftwerk simply allows them to keep their third line billing without kicking hot chip down to the fourth line. Now if you are expecting additions I say look at sunday and the biggest the additions could possibly get is third line billing. NO SUBHEADLINERS WILL BE ADDED!
    The White Stripes 9/18

  16. #166
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,489

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    I bet people said that in 06 as well...
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  17. #167

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    dude, you are the only one who "feels a need" for you to post. Take a hint and shut the fuck up - you already posted that comment six ways from sunday on this board - im getting bored on this board already with the repetitive garbage. none of us knows whether any subheadliners will be added, so stop acting like the goddamn authority. no matter how many times you capitalize "NO SUBHEADLINERS WILL BE ADDED", nobody wants to see that crap. you probably arent even going to the show, so you should similarly stay off the board.

    hugs & kisses,

    sir douche a lot

  18. #168
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    snf... and?

  19. #169
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by bludevil007 View Post
    dude, you are the only one who "feels a need" for you to post. Take a hint and shut the fuck up - you already posted that comment six ways from sunday on this board - im getting bored on this board already with the repetitive garbage. none of us knows whether any subheadliners will be added, so stop acting like the goddamn authority. no matter how many times you capitalize "NO SUBHEADLINERS WILL BE ADDED", nobody wants to see that crap. you probably arent even going to the show, so you should similarly stay off the board.

    hugs & kisses,

    sir douche a lot
    the message board gets really old really fast.

    and there are many idiots on this board, including me.

    ..some could say it's as mediocre as the line up itself.. wahwaah..

  20. #170
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,834

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by ATamreLion View Post
    Good. No more dance music please.
    you make some of the worst posts ever... Prodigy will fuckin kick you in the nuts...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  21. #171
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    yeah i dont know if I believe these radio stations, sounds like a way to drum up listeners. A radio station in vegas said kraftwerk were playing vegoose, but it never happened
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  22. #172

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    yeah i dont know if I believe these radio stations, sounds like a way to drum up listeners. A radio station in vegas said kraftwerk were playing vegoose, but it never happened
    TRUE!! hmm Mars Volta or even Omar's side project would be cool!!! Omar released a album today so who knows eh?

  23. #173
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Sonicifyouwantit View Post
    yeah i dont know if I believe these radio stations, sounds like a way to drum up listeners. A radio station in vegas said kraftwerk were playing vegoose, but it never happened
    god that was such a let down....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  24. #174
    old school Sonicifyouwantit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Beautiful Downtown Burbank!
    Posts
    4,836

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    they announced some one else to vegoose too that didnt show
    "Strange things are afoot at the Circle K"

    2013 = 12 Coachellas

    do it do it do it do it do it do it do it now! say it say it say it say it say it say it say it now!

    Quote Originally Posted by wstsidela View Post
    I should smack you in the head but I draw the line at gay bashing.
    Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    use some common sense you asshats

  25. #175
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,544

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    modest mouse.

  26. #176
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Weren't The Animals playing on Sunday? Did they get dropped the fuck out?
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  27. #177
    Member theonewiththewurlitzer's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Guadalajara, Mexico
    Posts
    274

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Weren't The Animals playing on Sunday? Did they get dropped the fuck out?
    I dont see them on the old posters, I only see the Annuals on Sunday.
    select * from coachella_lineup where year='2009'

  28. #178
    Coachella Junkie Alchemy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Space
    Posts
    9,113

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Hmm... Nevermind, I think I'm thinking of the Paul Tollett list that was written out by somebody. Confusing Annuals with one of the later incarnations of The Animals.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

  29. #179

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by MassiveChemicalPunk View Post
    Yeah, manu chao is bigger than Cafe Tacuba, but Manu Chao is not a latin act. He's French.
    From Wikipedia:
    Manu Chao (born Josť-Manuel Thomas Arthur Chao on June 21, 1961 in Paris, France) is a French-born singer of Spanish origin. He sings principally in French, Spanish and English and occasionally in a number of other languages.
    http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Manu_chao

    Manu Chao is most definitely a "latin act," even though he was born in France.
    You ain't a has been if you never was.
    -QOTSA

  30. #180
    Member msklvr's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The Meadows
    Posts
    1,027

    Default Re: Poster Changes

    Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    modest mouse.


    yes
    I love music, and I hate vowels.

Similar Threads

  1. Tell me about the poster above you
    By ShyGuy75 in forum Misc. Lounge
    Replies: 780
    Last Post: 03-21-2014, 05:52 PM
  2. NEW NEW POSTER
    By instinct in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 11:05 PM
  3. Poster Gone?
    By Melanie.Dawn in forum Misc. Babble
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 05:46 PM
  4. poster
    By inutil in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 9
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 03:50 PM
  5. has everyone seen this poster?
    By goatparade in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 19
    Last Post: 01-20-2008, 11:56 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •