Results 1 to 30 of 30

Thread: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

  1. #1
    old school bluemamba's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Los Angeles, Ca
    Posts
    3,352

    Default Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Who are you most exited to go see this year???

    For me The Raconteurs (their new album is excellent), and of course Roger Waters!!!

  2. #2
    Member shoopdedoop's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Ventura, California
    Posts
    216

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    probably Prince. yeah, it's Prince. than Kraftwerk. god i hope those set times are real.
    Jupiter's Rings originally wrote: " Rock ON! Have fun love life and eat dessert first!"

  3. #3

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Sean Penn

  4. #4
    Member thedevious's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Las Vegass
    Posts
    642

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    .. p ..
    Years Attended:
    99
    06
    07
    08
    10
    12
    13

  5. #5
    Member Vic Viper's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    PHX
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    POWERPLANT.


    And Sean Penn.

  6. #6

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Murs, Chromeo, Justice, and Roger Waters. OH. Wait. Thanks.

  7. #7

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    ALL THE ONES THAT CONFLICT.

  8. #8
    The Fro PassiveTheory's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Diego, CA
    Posts
    11,040

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Jupiter's Ring, but Sean Penn sold it for me.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

    Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014


    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

  9. #9
    Coachella Junkie Boourns's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    nowhere
    Posts
    26,709

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Portishead. All ten songs.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

  10. #10
    Dick Nicewonger kreutz2112's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SL UT
    Posts
    11,464

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    better than 0
    RAPE STOVE

    white power?!

  11. #11

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    NiceArthur32

  12. #12
    Member lostsoul86's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    South Gate, CA
    Posts
    783

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    CAfe tacuba
    I Wanna Drive Into The Sunset

    Coachella 2007
    Coachella 2008
    Coachella 2009
    Coachella 2010
    The Big 4 2011
    Coachella 2012 ( I WONT FUCKING MISS IT! )

  13. #13

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    well, now that The Bees have cancelled... i'd say:

    Aphex Twin & Swell Season & Aesop Rock & Datarock & The Verve & Pendulum who're all playing at the same time...

    and the only two if REALLY cared about on Sunday were Roger Waters & Black Mountain... thanks a lot.

    FUCK!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

  14. #14

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Cafeta...

  15. #15
    Member paganman7's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Tucson, AZ
    Posts
    2,364

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    It was Roger Waters...until Aphex Twin was added.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.

  16. #16
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,599

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Kraftwerk.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  17. #17
    whiney pain in butt
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Posts
    4,721

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Portishead was my initial reason. But then Aphex and then you know, I go every year anyway..

  18. #18

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    i can't actually believe GV fucked me to the point i'm gonna actually leave halfway through Aphex Twin... i can't even believe I just typed those words...

  19. #19

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    well, now that The Bees have cancelled... i'd say:
    fuck the bees!! i didn't knew this

    Then would be, Portishead, Black Mountain & Battles.

  20. #20
    Lurker toilet's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    P H O E N I X X X
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Quote Originally Posted by Xenocide View Post
    ALL THE ONES THAT CONFLICT.
    Yep... Black Kids, Battles, and Les Savy Fav.

    What heartbreak.

  21. #21
    Member bakersfield's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Arizona
    Posts
    1,131

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Without a doubt, I am most excited to see the RACONTEURS!

  22. #22
    Member wakeupyounger's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA
    Posts
    93

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    *you're
    '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09!

  23. #23
    Member verveman77's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San diego
    Posts
    110

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    THE VERVE>

    nobody is talking about how utterly amazing this is going to be... its been 10 yrs in the making for me

    " come on let the music inside you dont wait to be found come along with our sound"
    verveman77:

  24. #24

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    the raconteurs, kraftwerk, portishead, prince, aphex twin, roger waters.
    "What a horrible noise the plebs make when they're happy"...

  25. #25
    Lurker idoru's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    Seattle, WA
    Posts
    47

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Kraftwerk, Portishead, Roger Waters, Modeselektor, Simian Mobile Disco, The Field, Goldfrapp and Aphex Twin.

    If you want me to nail down one artist that ultimately determined whether or not I'd be going, it'd have to be Aphex Twin. My 21st is on Sunday and when they first announced the line-up I decided against going, but once they announced Aphex Twin I knew I'd be kicking myself if I didn't go.
    Last edited by idoru; 04-22-2008 at 06:41 PM.
    "The reason I don't play ballads? Because I love to play them." - Miles Davis

  26. #26

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Breeders. I was pissed when the El Rey show got moved to the Glasshouse, so I will see them at Coachella instead. Hopefully.

  27. #27
    Lurker electricrobot's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2008
    Location
    sf bay area
    Posts
    21

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    kraftwerk for sure

  28. #28
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,648

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Just like any other year...I've gone with an open mind and a love for music and good times, and ended up leaving with a taste for a new genre, (Techno/Electronic) or a new favorite. (PRODIGY in 2005/ DAFT PUNK in 2006) Considerig I was a classic Rock n' Roller prior to Coach, I feel lucky with this year's offerings!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  29. #29
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    aphexportiswerkwaters
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    10,550

    Default Re: Which artist is the main reason your going to coachella this year???

    Madness
    The Streets
    New Young Pony Club
    The Horrors
    The Bees
    Turbonegro

    ...

    ...

    ...

    oh well, at least I still have jupiter's ring.

Similar Threads

  1. no, THIS is the sexiest artist this year.
    By odelayer in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 61
    Last Post: 02-15-2009, 11:31 PM
  2. Poll: Favorite Artist At Coachella This Year
    By rage patton in forum Polls
    Replies: 38
    Last Post: 04-22-2008, 09:07 AM
  3. Poll: Favorite Artist At Coachella This Year
    By rage patton in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 10
    Last Post: 04-16-2008, 01:49 AM
  4. KRAFTWERK IS THE ONLY REASON TO GO THIS YEAR
    By electrokinesis in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 4
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 09:32 PM
  5. Which Artist do you think is going to bomb this year?
    By sonlockedwolf in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 04-23-2007, 03:35 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •