Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dan Deacon 08

Banned

Default Dan Deacon 08

you told me it would never happen

ha

so who's excited for him?

Default Re: Dan Deacon 08

I think I'm going to check him out when I'm in Chi-Town at the end of the week. Still not a total believer though.
    All the punks think that you're dumb.

i love Dan Deacon

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by cansei de ser sexme View Post
    i love Dan Deacon
    sweet

My friend is a big fan of him.. I am semi-knowledgeable about his music.. I'll probably catch him.

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Banned

its not great music

but its fun
    entertaining
    and makes you wanna dance

its ok
    live its ok
    as predicted by nostradamus

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    its ok
    live its ok
    i saw him in LA

it was a rockin good time

whered u see him

Quote Originally Posted by unknowndrummer66 View Post
    you told me it would never happen

ha

so who's excited for him?
    i think anybody couldve called him being there.
    he will show up on all sorts of lineups that shouldve thought of a better use for a $1000

whiney pain in butt

seen him many times. my favorite song is snake mistakes.. and i guess wham city.

and yes, him and most of this line up would play any fest anywhere at anytime. so i don't really feel all that special.

now girl talk last coachella was pretty sweet

i like energy and dancing, but if the music sucks, i dont want no part

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Just saw him at the El Rey here in LA... Let's hope to god he doesn't have the equipment problems, late start and 1/2 hour of his DVD to start his show. A real choir for Wham City would be nice.

the 1/2 hour of the dvd was actually the opening act, Ultimate Reality, who killed it here in Phoenix. if you were paying attention you would have noticed that it was a musical act.

love me some Deacon.

I really wonder what he'll do for his set, because I know he doesn't like being on stages.

I'm thinking he's going to be put on Gobi, which is a huge mistake, because if Pitchfork 07 taught us anything, Dan can pull ridiculous crowds
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

It's not great music.

It's not good music.

It makes you want to punch someone, preferably Mr. Deacon.

It then makes you want to put screwdrivers in your ears.
    Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

disagree

it's pure jubilation. it's a cry for indulgence and self-admiration, whilst simultaneously uplifting the entire community.

that's why it succeeds as it does

Yes, I caught what he was attempting. Had he actually cut the musical act down to an appropriate 10 minutes or so... it would have been cool. Alas... a half hour of badly crafted Arnold moments in the background with only 15 minutes of drumming doesn't kill, unless you are bored to death.

Quote Originally Posted by Where Is The Line View Post
    the 1/2 hour of the dvd was actually the opening act, Ultimate Reality, who killed it here in Phoenix. if you were paying attention you would have noticed that it was a musical act.

love me some Deacon.

Coachella Junkie

I saw him last august, and didnt know anything about him before he started playing.

So, he starts off announcing to the crowd that he cant start because he has no AA batteries - he even asks the crowd waiting if they have some spares on them. Eventually he did start his set, and my friends and I left after about 3 minutes. My god, it was bad.

That review, coming from someone who gave him a shot without knowing anything before hand about him, should hold weight in your decision to see him.

I'm avoiding Dan Deacon like the plague..

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Dan Deacon is funny, if your paying to see BLACK KEYS at the WARFIELD that should say something about you.

Please....The fact that you would pay and any money to see a no-talent, wannabe hack that pushes buttons and passes it off as music, disqualifies your shitty opinion..

what happens if you like both of those artists?

I guess you'd me more open minded than I am..

my soapbox:
    did andy warhol paint pictures of canned food products exactly as they were? did he paint random items silver and call them art? do people consider him a no-talent wannabe? I guess some people do. people who just don't get it. he is pushing buttons, he is making people react and think. isn't that what art is all about? the guy actually completed his graduate studies in electro-acoustic and computer music composition at the Conservatory of Music at Purchase College in Purchase, New York. whether you like his music or not, check out his entire(not part, not half) act. I dare you to walk away saying that he does not get the crowd going, that he does not inspire some sort of reaction from his audience, it's impossible. you neasayer's have proved it by talking shit. just as people talked about Warhol, John Water's, etc. if he evoked some sort of reaction from you, then his job is done. his show was one of the most interactive, audience connecting, fun times that I have ever had in my life. to me he is a true artist. so to say that he knows nothing about human interaction, music, entertainment, live shows would be a false statement. go to his show, leave your inhibitions at the door and you will be guaranteed a great time.

future shock ? a little too contrived maybe ? just saw the crystal cat video and I must say that the editing and the whole concept seems pretty cool.kinda seems like he's commenting or even mocking dj's,electronic music artists and their audiences? I dunno sorta interesting let's see what he does in april.love waters and warhol by the way
    Last edited by blackchango; 01-23-2008 at 04:19 PM.

my soapbox:
    did andy warhol paint pictures of canned food products exactly as they were? did he paint random items silver and call them art? do people consider him a no-talent wannabe? I guess some people do. people who just don't get it. he is pushing buttons, he is making people react and think. isn't that what art is all about? the guy actually completed his graduate studies in electro-acoustic and computer music composition at the Conservatory of Music at Purchase College in Purchase, New York. whether you like his music or not, check out his entire(not part, not half) act. I dare you to walk away saying that he does not get the crowd going, that he does not inspire some sort of reaction from his audience, it's impossible. you neasayer's have proved it by talking shit. just as people talked about Warhol, John Water's, etc. if he evoked some sort of reaction from you, then his job is done. his show was one of the most interactive, audience connecting, fun times that I have ever had in my life. to me he is a true artist. so to say that he knows nothing about human interaction, music, entertainment, live shows would be a false statement. go to his show, leave your inhibitions at the door and you will be guaranteed a great time.
    I can spark a reaction from a crowd too by taking a giant shit on stage then following it up by eating said shit.

And you comparing him to John Waters is a travesty. Something tells me you were conceived by a weak sperm.
    Morrissey needs to be shot. He is bad for your soul.

I've seen him twice, it's big fun. I'm just interested in seeing if Coachella will let him pull his 'play in the crowd' shenanigans.

my soapbox:
    I don't care how many longass paragraphs people write defending this asshole, Dan Deacon still sucks.

Quote Originally Posted by heatherxxll View Post
    I've seen him twice, it's big fun. I'm just interested in seeing if Coachella will let him pull his 'play in the crowd' shenanigans.
    yea, being right next to him in the crowd was half the fun