Thread: Anyone else considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! instead of Coachella '08 this year?

Lurker

Default Anyone else considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! instead of Coachella '08 this year?

Don't get me wrong, the Coachella lineup this year isn't all that bad. I only saw one headliner last year and I had a blast. The Sahara Tent is going to be the best ever.

However, it's not all that great enough to get me to make the trip from New York. I can see all of those bands on tour when they stop here for much less.

That being said, I'm really going to miss out on spending a couple of days away on a kick ass vacation.

Is there anyone else out there underwhelmed by the Coachella lineup this year that is considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! this year?

Lurker

Default Re: Anyone else considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! instead of Coachella '08 this year

Why not All Points West?
    There is a fine line between not listening and not caring.
    I'd like to think I walk that line every day of my life.

Default Re: Anyone else considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! instead of Coachella '08 this year

As weak as this line up is, Fuck no, I'll stick to Coachella
    Почему не делают все, что Вы относитесь распутников по-матерински, едят дерьмо и умирают?

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by dumbdeath View Post
    Why not All Points West?
    Eh. Festivals out here would suck. When you're in such a highly populated area (complete opposite of Indio) like this, you'll get a huge percentage of crowds showing up for headliners only.

Also, I would miss out on the whole vacation aspect of it. I like being away from home for these things.

im going to coachella. dont know if i would if i was you. i live less than an hour drive from indio.

Quote Originally Posted by Sundermania View Post
    Is there anyone else out there underwhelmed by the Coachella lineup this year that is considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! this year?
    how can anyone say if they don't even know the fucking lineup yet????

Thumbs down Re: Anyone else considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! instead of Coachella '08 this year

it is a no go and most of the people I knew were going are not anymore, it's not the joke of headliners (except u portishead) it's the weak lineup, no way worth the 12 hour drive round trip, our coachella tradition has come to an abrupt end, a sad day but it's time to move on.

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    how can anyone say if they don't even know the fucking lineup yet????
    I mean I still want to go to a big music festival this year and Coachella isn't blowing me away. I'm just hoping that another festival will pop up with a stellar lineup.

Unhappy Re: Anyone else considering Bonnaroo or Sasquatch! instead of Coachella '08 this year

Quote Originally Posted by Sundermania View Post
    I mean I still want to go to a big music festival this year and Coachella isn't blowing me away. I'm just hoping that another festival will pop up with a stellar lineup.
    ditto

whiney pain in butt

yeah, the people and the weather in the other areas aren't that friendly.

i think i might go to iceland's music festival. was awesome last year!

I'm definitely still going, but then.. I live in LA. That's only a 3 to 4 hour drive. However, I'm also hoping to go to Sasquatch this year

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

I'm going to Europe instead. Coachella's FAIL let me save enough money.

I'm probably going to check out the All Points West Fest. but I don't know yet. I guess yeah it depends on the lineup at other festivals. And like someone else said, I am going to miss the vacation part but I live in Maine so yeah not paying for that plane ticket.