Thread: Let's not be negative.

Default Let's not be negative.

Coachella is all about music and happy feelings. If you're unhappy about the line up, either don't go this year or go and find someone you've never heard before among the list. I won't be seeing Jack Johnson, I will find someone else. But those who would like to see him are completely entitled to and that's totally fine. Let's not let negative energy dampen another great year at Coachella. Let's have fun.
    Last edited by Iamjoeswastdlife; 01-22-2008 at 12:28 PM.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Let's not be negative.

It's about drugs?

Are you bringing drugs?

Its funny people always talk about it being more than the bands you go to see, its about finding new bands and blah blah blah...but when a sub-par line up comes up everyone says they are opting not to go.

With that said, I think I can only afford one day and that will most likely be Saturday (I am dying to see Portishead again) and I would like to see M.I.A. again in a setting more appropriate for her, plus I missed Kraftwerk the last time they played so I think I should make up for it this time. I dont know what will happen but I just think its funny how much people complain about the line up.

whiney pain in butt

i think people complain.. uh.. like me, i'm one of the complainers.. because golden voice has taken more control over the festival and before coachella org people really did listen to recommendations on their myspace.. please go to the myspace page and find one person begging to see jack johnson..

they just spent about half the amount of money for this cheap line up and they are raising the prices still..

if we don't voice our opinions.. whats next.. avril? miley cirus? just another warped tour?

you can be content with a piss-poor line up, but the rest of us will be content in voicing ourselves to golden voice for change in the future. worth it to me..

honestly who cares if jack johnson will be there

I mean once I got drunk and peed on my friend's bed

doesn't mean that all of my drinking experiences were poor decisions and incredibly embarrassing compared to the rest of my drinking choices
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

I agree...going to find new bands can be a really awesome experience, and I try to do it every year. But I'm able to do it, and justify 300$, because of worthy headliners. I spend that much because I feel like it's a deal to see some reunions, huge bands I normally wouldn't/couldn't get tickets for, and the wonderful array of small bands.

I'm ready to admit that Coachella spoiled me beyond repair, and that's why I'm pouting like this. I'm still getting adjusted to the let-down, which doesn't mean in a few weeks, I'll be able to cope. The fine print on the line-up is fairly solid.

Coachella is about optimism and having fun. So, if I go, I'll put my smile on.

although I might consider it a headliner

"hey guys remember that one time hahaha oh man I was dumb"
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

The murder capital where we murder for capital

LOL he edited out the "drugs" part. I guess he/she changed their minds about how imporant the drugs were.

Now, I have no issues at all with drugs, I just had no idea drugs were what Coachella was about.

I don't think JJ is headlining worthy, but there are still a good amount of bands to see. There is never more then 5-6 acts I want to see per day EVER any year, and this one is no different. There won't be as many people to enjoy the fest, but if you can't find at least 5-6 acts a day that are worth seeing then you sound a little close minded.

LOL I edited it 'cause I don't wanna get in any trouble ;-) And for some people that's part of the fun.

i blame the new festival for my disappointment, but i can see why they would opt for expanding east. people come from all over for coachella and maybe, just maybe, the east coast festival will draw as much appeal and open up some options for everyone. probably not this year, but i would really like to see what APW will be like.

i agree about being spoiled by coachella but anymore i'm jsut in love with going. it's my safe haven from my life, sort of my time to recharge my internal battery. i'm still hapy to go.

Too many negatives could equal a positive.