Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Where Boardies Smart Enough To Hide In The Lounge Recommend 2008 Bands

Default Where Boardies Smart Enough To Hide In The Lounge Recommend 2008 Bands

So far, as many others have said, I've got Dan Le Sac on my must see list. As Gabe put it brilliantly: like Ali G but funnier [and musically talented]. I'm assuming he was referring to Ali G specifically, not Sasha Baron Cohen in general, 'cause I agree about Ali being the least funny of his characters.

Also, MGMT turns out to be pretty fucking good. I'm going to see them this Saturday somewhere in LA, forget where.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Default Re: Where Boardies Smart Enough To Hide In The Lounge Recommend 2008 Bands

I like Santogold.

old school

Default Re: Where Boardies Smart Enough To Hide In The Lounge Recommend 2008 Bands

I like pizza.
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

Nothing resembling pizza will be found anywhere on the polo fields. You know this, Nando--you're from the place where food is actually good.

I am seeing MGMT with Yeasayer and The Laughing tonight. As an added bonus Lupe Fiasco is also playing on the outdoor stage.

I know I really didn't recommend any bands....wait you might like,

The White Ghost Shivers

or

Dirtfoot
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

I just got Vampire Weekend. I'm only one song in but I like it so far.
    "We're on a mission from God"

----Elwood Blues

Santogold is wicked.

I love Cut Copy too, but for some reason I don't think they'd be your thing LGM.

Pendulum's awesome.

I've got some learning to do myself.

old school

I m not sure if they're necessarily suggestions but they are bands that I am definitely looking forward to:

Roger Waters doing Dark Side of the Moon - while I'd prefer it be Gilmour, I have many friends that have seen him on his solo tour do this and they have said its amazing.

Sharon Jones and the Dap Kings
    Dredg
    Manchester Orchestra
    Mum
    Little Brother
    I am going to get so blown to Cypress Hill while they play.

No one go see Cafe Tacvba. They are a shit band and they are sucky live.

this has nothing to do with my desire for front row spot.

Cinematic Orchestra
    Black Mountain
    120 Days
    Autolux

The Bees people, the Bees.

Also Holy Fuck and Modeselektor.

If we can, and I should have tried to do this myself in the first post, but let's include links if we're feeling up to it. Embedded Youtubes always preferable, pick whatever you think is the best example to sell us on the band.

Let's be helpful to each other, because there's a whole board of moron zombies in those other sections. We have to stick together or they will eat our brains.

Black Mountain. Has anyone heard these guys? I am enjoying them quite a bit.
    Carbon/Silicon. Mick Jones' band. Must see.
    The Bees. I had never even heard of them until yesterday. I now love em.
    John Butler Trio. Acoustic guitar, banjo and a stand up bass. Me like.

I have yet to listen to MGMT, but I will certainly do so.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Every year, I make a giant spreadsheet with all of the bands listed...I go through and mark each one as "must see" "will see (barring conflicts)", and "don't bother". The ones I'm not familiar with, I do research on to see if I like what I hear and then make my decision.

In any case, one that I'm really looking forward to is Les Savy Fav. Oh, and Flogging Molly. The only thing that will suck about Flogging Molly is not being able to stand on a table and sway with a pint of Guinness while listening to them.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

I cannot stress enough how people should not miss Sharon Jones and the Dap-Kings. The show I saw was the best in 07. Better than anything I saw at Coachella or otherwise. I hope she is in the Mojave.

The Bees are also fantastic and I am very excited for their inevitable 1:30 in the afternoon at the Outdoor Theater slot. I'll be one of the 300 people watching them, because they rock.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    If we can, and I should have tried to do this myself in the first post, but let's include links if we're feeling up to it. Embedded Youtubes always preferable, pick whatever you think is the best example to sell us on the band.

Let's be helpful to each other, because there's a whole board of moron zombies in those other sections. We have to stick together or they will eat our brains.
    Youtube idea is a good one.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Fuck, weren't Crystal Castles on the fuckin line up? i miss them
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Youtubes are always preferable, yes. I think we can all agree on that.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    Every year, I make a giant spreadsheet with all of the bands listed...I go through and mark each one as "must see" "will see (barring conflicts)", and "don't bother". The ones I'm not familiar with, I do research on to see if I like what I hear and then make my decision.

In any case, one that I'm really looking forward to is Les Savy Fav. Oh, and Flogging Molly. The only thing that will suck about Flogging Molly is not being able to stand on a table and sway with a pint of Guinness while listening to them.
    the only that will suck about flogging molly is the fact that they are playing.
    "We're on a mission from God"

----Elwood Blues

The Field is good electronic music.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Just a clarification: Scroobius Pip is the MC. Dan le Sac does the beats.

Ok.

The Bees

Holy Fuck

Also, everyone should watch The Streets, who put on a great live show and have a couple fantastic albums to their name.

I heard he sucks live.

oooh I like the Bees.

Everyone who hasn't checked them out already:

www.myspace.com/wearemanman
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post

Can you upload that spreadsheet?

Im going off stuff thats in the middle or lower, cause chances are most people on here know the higher up groups

Minus The Bear
    Cinematic Orchestra
    Vampire Weekend
    Sharon Jones
    Scroobious Pip
    The Horrors
    Man Man
    The Cool Kids
    MGMT
    Cut Copy

On another note, where the f*8k is Ghostland Observatory? They are actually suppose to announce a spring tour for a new record.

Animal Collective
    Holy Fuck
    Battles
    MIA
    Spank Rock
    Black Lips
    Jens Lekman
    Akron/Family
    Black Kids
    Cool Kids

I didn't realize until late last night the Ghostland weren't on the line up. I thought they were basically a lock.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.