Thread: A serious question??

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default A serious question??

When does all the crying, boycotting, letter writing, crying and more crying, stop?

Jesus fucking christ people. When did all the hipsters turn EMO?

This is fucking hilarioius. I was watching CNN last night and wondered why they weren't discussing the riots on the coachella message board.

You people are awesome!

Default Re: A serious question??

you're not an idiot for voicing an opinion, but you are an idiot for making this thread.
    RESPEK

I think it'll all stop by the end of the week. people just need to take it all in and realize it's not that bad. Yeah the whole JJ thing is a little shock for us Coachella vets, it is an odd choice to say the least, but GV probably knows what they are doing. I think people will just stop focusing on it and start focusing on all of the other great bands and Dj's that will be there. plus, I am sure some additions will be made that should make alot of us smile (crosses fingers)
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

hey man, people are just upset, this is why there are message boards, so we can vent a little, blow off some steam share our opinions with others who feel the same way

for the same reason you can bitch about the people bitching (which is getting annoying too), give it a few days (weeks?) and it will be filtered out
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Let this be a lesson that NOTHING is confirmed until it's on the poster.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

it's not gonna stop...it'll never stop...it never does. Well...maybe not until after coachella is over this year. And then people will complain about how awesome All Points West is going to be and how Coachella got gypped

What a revolt. Everyone is so insluted by Jack Johnson. I'm fascinated by what has transpired. The crying and threats are the funniest part. People, at the end of the day it's a fucking concert and this one like all the others has a shitload of great music and bands.

No go change your diapers.

There has to be some reward to Coachella faithful. There's this feeling of "why are we getting hosed?" with JJ, higher prices, no presale, new fest with presumably our beloved Radiohead, etc. The shock of that initial lineup did me in, I was raging left and right. But as I calmed down, I actually started feeling good about the festival. I think that trend will continue. And I think we'll get more than one solid addition, potentially a Friday headliner. But who knows? The point is, cooler heads will prevail...

And hopefully Talking Heads will prevail as the surprise add.

Quote Originally Posted by Tylerdurden31 View Post
    And then people will complain about how awesome All Points West is going to be and how Coachella got gypped
    I am not looking forward to this day.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    hey man, people are just upset, this is why there are message boards, so we can vent a little, blow off some steam share our opinions with others who feel the same way

for the same reason you can bitch about the people bitching (which is getting annoying too), give it a few days (weeks?) and it will be filtered out

Oh, I understand people are venting and blowing off steam and I can understand a thread or two but between the Jack Johnson threats, the threads about boycotting, threatening goldenvoice, calling Tollett names, and yelling at Psyching Friend even, it's all WAY the fuck over the top.

I'm not convinced this isn't all the rage fans from last year. People are doing more than letting off steam, they are fucking outraged and plotting revenge.

Is this all radiohead fans or left over rage fans from last year?

Quote Originally Posted by JSam67 View Post
    There has to be some reward to Coachella faithful.
    WTF are you talking about? Do you have a name tag that gets you some fucking special privilege for being "faithful"? LOL

There's this feeling of "why are we getting hosed?" with JJ, higher prices, no presale, new fest with presumably our beloved Radiohead, etc.
    The prices are about $4 more, you presumed Radiohead, that's not Goldenvoices fault. You can feel hosed with ONE artist but there's over 120 others that will be there. LOL

The shock of that initial lineup did me in, I was raging left and right. But as I calmed down, I actually started feeling good about the festival. I think that trend will continue. And I think we'll get more than one solid addition, potentially a Friday headliner. But who knows? The point is, cooler heads will prevail...

And hopefully Talking Heads will prevail as the surprise add.
    Will the shock and dispointment return if there isn't someone's name above Jack Johnson's on the poster by the time the 25th rolls around?

I am going to get eaten alive for this but... I like Jack Johnson. I will admit I'm surprised he is a headliner... but I'm not offended. And I wouldn't be surprised if he was at the festival and not a headliner either. He has a HUGE fan base. I think people just dislike him for the same reason they dislike... Justin Timberlake... (perhaps?)... because he's popular with people who know nothing about music. It's not that orginal or anything, and some people tend to have a hate on for singer/songwriters... but I dunno, I like him.

Really the only problem is JJ having top billing on the poster, it sours every you read after it. Something as simple as moving portishead or kraftwerk to friday and putting that name in bold letters and this outrage never would have happened. It would have been more akin to "huh, portishead and kraftwerk headling? bizarre... when are tickets on sale?"
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

I don't follow. So because Jack Johnsons name is at the top, it somehow sours The National and the Racontuers or Fatboy Slim?

Ummm FAIL

The initial shock seeing it on the poster, and hearing him announced as a headliner, put the blinders on at first. if hed been lower on the poster, noone would have even noticed or cared, even with the exact same lineup.
    "Yes, I am indeed beautiful! Sometimes I sit and wonder, in my artless Japanese way, why it is that I am so much more attractive than anybody else in the whole world. Can this be vanity? No! Nature is lovely and rejoices in her loveliness. I am a child of Nature, and take after my mother."

I like Jack Johnson, and Slightly Stoopid for that matter. Friday will be fun for me. If you don't like the line up then don't go. Not trying to be rude. It's still going to be busy regardless, it will just draw a different crowd. Have a great day!

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    WTF are you talking about? Do you have a name tag that gets you some fucking special privilege for being "faithful"? LOL

The prices are about $4 more, you presumed Radiohead, that's not Goldenvoices fault. You can feel hosed with ONE artist but there's over 120 others that will be there. LOL

Will the shock and dispointment return if there isn't someone's name above Jack Johnson's on the poster by the time the 25th rolls around?
    Jesus Christ. Why am I getting yelled at when all I'm doing is fucking summarizing and speculating?

What's with the nametag comment about Coachella faithful? You know what the fuck I meant. People who have gone in years past. People who will continue to go regardless of lineup. Same context as "Packers faithful" referring to the fans a couple days ago gutting it out in sub-zero weather. It's not uncommon terminology.

It's more than a $4 difference, too. $30 difference on tix/camping tix this year. Well, when you're planning your one vacation of the year and looking at spending $1000-$1500 minimum, I wonder if saving a couple bucks here and there would appeal to you. Just sayin. But I don't have a problem with this, I was just summarizing how a lot of people were reacting. And yeah, I was upset when I saw JJ headlining Friday. Big deal. Include me with the 99% of other people on these boards. But as I said in the post that you quoted me on, I'm feeling good about the lineup now.

And hey, when did I assume Radiohead? I was wishing for Radiohead long ago, like everyone else. I lost hope weeks ago. Don't assume you know what a total stranger's thought process is.

Again, as I said in the post that you quoted me on, I'm feeling good about the lineup now. The point of that post was that I think we'll get rewarded by the so-called tricks up Paul's sleeve, and I think that will be a solid band(s) on Friday and/or Sunday (cuz Saturday is, imo, loaded) but whether or not that happens, people will come around as they calm down about JJ, as I did.

So no, I won't be shocked or disappointed if JJ is still top line of the Coachella '08 poster on the 25th. You would've known that already if you had actually read what I posted.

Quote Originally Posted by Melanie.Dawn View Post
    I think people just dislike him for the same reason they dislike... Justin Timberlake... (perhaps?)... because he's popular with people who know nothing about music. It's not that original or anything, and some people tend to have a hate on for singer/songwriters... but I dunno, I like him.
    This is a pretty insightful statement. I agree.

I am in no way a fan of Jack Johnson, but he shouldn't be blamed for the success/failure of Coachella 2008. Plain and simple, Goldenvoice booked Jack because he sells tickets - he could probably sell out the Hollywood Bowl. He surfs, makes films, makes music and gets paid a lot of money to perform live concerts. I don't think he should get the 9:30 slot on the main stage, but maybe he won't.

When your headliner ideas fall through, sometimes you have to go to "Plan B" or "Plan C." It wouldn't surprise me if Jack was Plan C for Goldenvoice.

I've attended every Coachella but one, and you have to admit there are lots of people at the fest who act like they're too hip for the room.

But the threats against GV/Dani/eachother that have taken over the message board are beyond reason. If you're pissed off, you have every right to vent. Especially if you have been a longtime supporter of the festival. But after a few weeks it should all die down, and the boards will go back to their normal state.

Then a few acts will be added. People will still have low expectations, and Coachella will be considered one of the best years ever (for those who were there).

I'm still going.
    Quote Originally Posted by kvnty View Post
    you mean #Blowie2014