Thread: Where's the respect for Roger Waters?

Angry Where's the respect for Roger Waters?

Okay, okay: it's a travesty that Jack Johnson is headlining Coachella. But I'm shocked that there aren't an equal amount of posts dripping with utter cum-inducing excitement at the prospect of seeing Dark Side of the Moon performed at this kind of venue. Is the sheer hatred of ol' Jack blurring everybody's vision of how mind-blowing a setting the polo fields will be to hear Dark Side?

Default Re: Where's the respect for Roger Waters?

Seriously. He was basically the lead songwriter for Pink Floyd, and the YouTube videos I've seen show that he's still got it. It will be awesome.

Quote Originally Posted by Trudeau View Post
    Okay, okay: it's a travesty that Jack Johnson is headlining Coachella. But I'm shocked that there aren't an equal amount of posts dripping with utter cum-inducing excitement at the prospect of seeing Dark Side of the Moon performed at this kind of venue. Is the sheer hatred of ol' Jack blurring everybody's vision of how mind-blowing a setting the polo fields will be to hear Dark Side?
    Most people in So Cal who really wanted to see Roger Waters already saw him at the Hollywood Bowl. He played in So Cal like 4-5 times in the last couple years.

There's your answer.

This really isn't a coup by Coachella by any means.

cheers for roger waters
    Stevie Wonder, Jurassic 5!!, Magnetic Man, Pogo, Tycho, Tears for Fears 2013

Coach 06,07,08,09,10,11,12,13(1)
    Sasquatch 12
    Lolla 11(Chile)
    VOODOO 11
    Street Scene 07,08,09
    Rock the Bells 07

Quote Originally Posted by crazzz2007 View Post
    Most people in So Cal who really wanted to see Roger Waters already saw him at the Hollywood Bowl. He played in So Cal like 4-5 times in the last couple years.

There's your answer.

This really isn't a coup by Coachella by any means.
    But have they had a chance to see him perform at the polo fields?

He also played a huge arena here in Michigan and I neglected to go. I'll certainly check out part of, if not his whole set at Coachella. Given how bad things are with Friday, Roger Waters is certainly not a bad headliner. Pink Floyd would be much better though, and that's the only thing that makes it kind of questionable. GV couldn't ever get Pink Floyd to reunite, but they'd settle for Roger.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

But have they had a chance to see him perform at the polo fields?

No, but he played everywhere last year. Most people already saw him.

Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    No, but he played everywhere last year. Most people already saw him.
    I'm saying that this venue makes the performance particularly unique and will probably heighten the whole Dark Side experience.

...but maybe I'm just a Canadian who relishes any experience not in the cold.

ya, it must be the canadian thing.

Roger doing The Wall is more appropriate.that's his baby,and DSOM is more Gilmour's IMO.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Fuck that shit!!! Coachella was allways about the great headliners and the great supporting acts, now it just got all fucked up. Dark side of the moon? Who gives a fuck about that old shit. Isn't that music your parents listened to? Coachella could have gotten way better bands, but they came out with a MUMMY to headline the third day. Jack Johnson just sucks a huge "Johnson" Goldenvoice could have tride harder to get better bands. i.e., Radiohead, Queens of the Stoneage, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden....

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    Fuck that shit!!! Coachella was allways about the great headliners and the great supporting acts, now it just got all fucked up. Dark side of the moon? Who gives a fuck about that old shit. Isn't that music your parents listened to? Coachella could have gotten way better bands, but they came out with a MUMMY to headline the third day. Jack Johnson just sucks a huge "Johnson" Goldenvoice could have tride harder to get better bands. i.e., Radiohead, Queens of the Stoneage, Smashing Pumpkins, Soundgarden....
    The fact you think Queens of the Stone Age are better than Pink Floyd proves you have no intelligence.

Seriously, QOTSA will not be remembered in 20 years time.
    2004, 2005, 2006, 2008, 2012b, 2013a, 2014a

I cant even express in words how excited i am. I mean......Fuck.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Mostly for nostalgic purposes I'm going to enjoy seeing Waters' set. Honestly though, if it conflicts with gogol I'm rolling with the bordelo. Just my opinion.

I am really stoked for him as well.. fuck, if you think Dark Side of the Moon is just your "parents" go and listen to the CD.. Who cares if it's old? It's classic, and ahead of it's time.. Pink Floyd has a lot of influence on electronic music as well.. If you don't want "old" bands, you might as well get rid of Kraftwerk too..

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

The fact that your from Canada prooves that you have no music sence. The cold must affect your brain.....frostbitten brain. You fuckin HOSER!

I am so excited for this set. I have been wanting to see Roger Waters for some time now but was never able to because of his high ticket prices. I am so happy I finally get to see him perform his masterpiece!

There will be people here angry about bands not headlining, but the fact is it will be a great ending to another great musical weekend in the desert. I am looking forward to his performance as I had missed him at the Bowl. Portishead and Kraftwerk will be great on Saturday too, this year will have its own vibe and I am sure there will be other acts on the same time as Jack Johnson that will be worth seeing....just saying
    "Freedom is not worth having if it does not include the freedom to make mistakes." Mahatma Gandhi

Quote Originally Posted by instinct View Post
    I am really stoked for him as well.. fuck, if you think Dark Side of the Moon is just your "parents" go and listen to the CD.. Who cares if it's old? It's classic, and ahead of it's time.. Pink Floyd has a lot of influence on electronic music as well.. If you don't want "old" bands, you might as well get rid of Kraftwerk too..
    Ahead of what time??? That Pink Floyd shit just doesn't do it. You might as well ask for RUSH or BOSTON or maybe Frampton...Choke on your so called "classic" band.

Lurker

Everyone has already seen that tour. It's not a big surprise it has already happen. I can gladly say I will not be attending this year. It was good. If it were Pink Floyd it would be different.

Dark Side of the Moon will always be one of the greatest albums ever made. Pink Floyd is in a different realm than 99% of current bands. I happen to love Pink Floyd, probably a bigger Gilmour fan than Waters, but this could be awesome.

Then again, I might prefer seeing a band closer to their prime headline than a guy who's 60+ or a band that made 2 CD's over 10 years ago.

Both will be awesome, though.

Water's has a good show, but Pink Floyd it ain't. With regards to GV choosing him even w/ the frequency of his tours recently, all I can fathom is that the younger crowd will benefit from this opportunity to hear Pink Floyd material in the flesh.
    8/07 LeMaitre @ The Rickshaw Stop (?)
    8/08-8/10 Outside Lands #5
    8/11 NONONO @ GAMH
    8/23 NIN and Soundgarden @ Shoreline
    9/27 Simian Mobile Disco @ The Mezzanine
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/10 Woman's Hour @ the Rickshaw Stop
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rüfüs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre

Waters is a little bit of a worn-out headliner since he's been touring for about a year or two now and already made an appearance at Live Earth. And he has that "I'm too good for Pink Floyd" aura about him, even if his enthusiastic Live 8 performance helped make up for a lot of it.

But seeing Dark Side of the Moon on the Main Stage will still be a cosmic mental orgasm. ^_^

i missed him this past summer at summerfest in milwaukee. so i can say i am pumped i missed it because i am now going to see him in the desert which will def be an expierence in itself