Page 44 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3940414243444546474849 ... LastLast
Results 1,291 to 1,320 of 1491

Thread: Sasquatch

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Default Re: Sasquatch

K1ngs, I don't know what to say here but I may not be going. I will decide 100% by this weekend. Fucking A. For explanation you can see my ticket for sale thread. I just don't know. It's way up in the air but I still have an airline ticket and a ticket to the fest so anything can happen.

it's all good, shit happens. hope it works out for ya though, it's gonna be a fun show.

kings, I'm still in for camping + ride. Maybe if Mark cannot go, we can pick up another straggler (or two) to split costs. Damn you, Mark.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

I'm not happy about this but I can't be that upset either. hell I even purchased a tent and tent pillow for this. I'll let you guys know soon.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    damn, i needs to go through this whole thread and make sure i am properly prepared.

If you have questions, ask away. I went to Sasquatch the last 3 years.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Mark, are there any grocery stores very close to the venue, that would be open late at night or early in the morning? Do they sell liquor or do you have to go to a state store for that sort of thing?

Damn Chia... that is A LOT of shows you are going to.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I've actually had to say no to quite a few because of cost or time. All these west coast festivals are making for a great summer in CA.
    Last edited by chiapet; 05-12-2008 at 01:14 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    kings, I'm still in for camping + ride. Maybe if Mark cannot go, we can pick up another straggler (or two) to split costs. Damn you, Mark.
    sure, that's fine with me.

Mark, are there any grocery stores very close to the venue, that would be open late at night or early in the morning? Do they sell liquor or do you have to go to a state store for that sort of thing?
    There isn't really much of anything near the venue aside from what you'll find at the gas station. Stock up in Ellensburg on your way over. Liquor can only be purchased at state stores.

Closet stores would be in Quincy, WA which is a few miles away. Now, the camping ticket says 'no ins & outs' but the girls that camped beside me had no problem driving to town each day. YMMV.

By liquor, do you mean beer or spirits ?? You can buy beer at regular stores in WA state.

There is a small store on the campsite which has a decent amount of stuff there (no beer though fyi). It does tend to get cleaned out though later in the day.
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

wtf? state stores? crazy.

Quote Originally Posted by g0k1ngsg0 View Post
    We're backwards that way.

Quote Originally Posted by g0k1ngsg0 View Post

NH, for example, has state liquor stores.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    We're backwards that way.

heh, I was in seattle when I just turned 21, but I only drank at the restauants so I didn't know that. what qualifies a "state store?"

They're run by the state. No joke.

I used to live in Pennsylvania, so I'm familiar with the Puritanical liquor laws. I meant spirits not beer. kings - normal stores (groceries, etc) are not licensed to sell spirits. Depending on the state, you can usually buy beer and/or wine in other stores, but to buy liquor, you have to go to state licensed stores.

I actually liked state stores because in PA & OH they were *enormous* and carried incredible variety.

Looks like there is a state store in Ellensburg that is open at 10AM on Saturday. Maybe I don't need liqour that badly.

Mark, we're going to be camping at the wildhorse camping grounds, and they do allow in/outs.

I was just reading around at http://www.liq.wa.gov. interesting stuff, I wouldn't have pegged washington as one of "those states" but I guess outside of the city it's a different ball game.

Yea, there are more of them than you'd expect - more than 1/3 of the states use state run liquor stores.

Looks like the heat wave is hitting the Gorge on the wrong weekend. This weekend will be in the mid 90s on Saturday. It is suppose to cool down to a high of 71 by Wednesday, the 21st. One weather site had a two week forecast, and it showed highs in the mid 70s each day during Sasquatch, with lows in the mid 40s. I know predicting weather more than a week out is a crapshoot, but at least no one is predicting precipitation in the next two weeks. With that said, bring your moon boots, this is the year we get 19 inches of snow.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

After freezing at Coachella, I am at least bringing a hoody or something. I really don't know what to pack for clothes, the weather is so much less predictable up there. Guess I'll probably wait till the day off and then throw a bunch of mismatched stuff into a bag.

Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar

while on the liquor tangent, I once discovered that in idaho bars can't serve hard liquor on christmas day or election day. weird.

I don't know why I'm even in this thread. I'll stop hijacking it.

Question Re: Sasquatch

When entering the campground how frivolous is the search? I am 20 years old, but plan on bringing lots of liquor. Just trying to figure out whether or not I need to put it in water bottles and whatnot.
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

I'm sure one of the vets will answer, but I think it's car camping, isn't it? (Where you park your car next to / in your campsite?) Seems like no search would go on.

I'm sure one of the vets will answer, but I think it's car camping, isn't it? (Where you park your car next to / in your campsite?) Seems like no search would go on.
    Yeah that's what I was assuming. I may just fill a shit ton of water bottles just to be safe (and to ensure no breakage on the ride up )
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakewc151 View Post
    When entering the campground how frivolous is the search? I am 20 years old, but plan on bringing lots of liquor. Just trying to figure out whether or not I need to put it in water bottles and whatnot.
    The entrance to the campground is usually packed when I have arrived in the past. I have never seen anyone searched. Even if a car full of obvious 12 year olds rolls through at a dead time, I seriously doubt the minimum wage "I'm here for the free ticket" employees would conduct a search. I have seen police on the campground rarely, usually because someone is being an idiot broadcasting drug sales, so I wouldn't worry about security compared to cops.

Two points I would mention while getting there. I assume most are coming from the Seattle/Portland area, and Vantage is a good stop before you cross the Columbia River to pick up ice and anything else you realized you forgot. There are a couple gas stations/convenience stores there.

Once you cross the river, and turn left heading north towards the site, there will be "Gorge Ampitheater" signs telling you where to exit on the right, only a couple miles after crossing the river. Once you exit, there is another 5 mile drive or so to the venue/campground. DO NOT, I BEG YOU, DO NOT drive like anything but an old lady once you exit toward the Gorge. There is always a cop at the end of the exit waiting for someone to run a stop sign, or accelerate too quickly after stopping. Even then, you must obay the exact speed limit the rest of the way, especially if you are in a VW bus. I have seen too many people pulled over on this 5 mile stretch that likely ruined their whole weekend by going a couple miles over the speed limit. I'm sure the cops know that every other car might have something illegal contained, so don't give them a reason to pull you over.
    Last edited by know ID ya; 05-12-2008 at 08:23 PM.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    The entrance to the campground is usually packed when I have arrived in the past. I have never seen anyone searched. Even if a car full of obvious 12 year olds rolls through at a dead time, I seriously doubt the minimum wage "I'm here for the free ticket" employees would conduct a search. I have seen police on the campground rarely, usually because someone is being an idiot broadcasting drug sales, so I wouldn't worry about security compared to cops.

Two points I would mention while getting there. I assume most are coming from the Seattle/Portland area, and Vantage is a good stop before you cross the Columbia River to pick up ice and anything else you realized you forgot. There are a couple gas stations/convenience stores there.

Once you cross the river, and turn left heading north towards the site, there will be "Gorge Ampitheater" signs telling you where to exit on the right, only a couple miles after crossing the river. Once you exit, there is another 5 mile drive or so to the venue/campground. DO NOT, I BEG YOU, DO NOT drive like anything but an old lady once you exit toward the Gorge. There is always a cop at the end of the exit waiting for someone to run a stop sign, or accelerate too quickly after stopping. Even then, you must obay the exact speed limit the rest of the way, especially if you are in a VW bus. I have seen too many people pulled over on this 5 mile stretch that likely ruined their whole weekend by going a couple miles over the speed limit. I'm sure the cops know that every other car might have something illegal contained, so don't give them a reason to pull you over.
    Thanks for the advice. Sounds exactly how Burning Man is when you're approaching it. Cops can be dicks. Everybody drive the speed limit!
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

know ID ya gives sound advice. There is no search when you drive into the onsite camping and you can pretty much drive wherever you want, park the car and set up camp. Going into the venue, however, they do search you but you're allowed to bring water bottles and food as long as it's in a clear plastic bag. I have heard, but cannot confirm, that if you are in Premier camping that they do not search you at all. I'll report back on my Premier experiences.

Yes, please report back on Premium camping. I really wanted to do that this year but it sold out too quickly. Next year maybe.

Yes, please report back on Premium camping. I really wanted to do that this year but it sold out too quickly. Next year maybe.
    I'll have a full report following the show. It'll be interesting to see if they actually provide everything that they list on the site.
    Hey chiapet, looks like we're going to be at three of the same festivals this year. I'll try to say Hi at at least one of these.