Page 43 of 50 FirstFirst ... 3839404142434445464748 ... LastLast
Results 1,261 to 1,290 of 1491

Thread: Sasquatch

Default Re: Sasquatch

We're not camping onsite, I guess, but hopefully it won't be too hard to find our campsite in the other campgrounds. Good call on the extra dry socks. I am mostly worried about being cold and wet in the festival or when camping. I even froze at Coachella. :/

All the porta-potty stations are numbered so remember which station is closest to you and you shouldn't have much problems finding your site at night. Bringing a flashlight also helps a lot.

I think we have a better chance of Milli Vanilli opening for Frank Zappa than getting another hail storm. I spoke to a geologist/volcanologist who estimated that particular hailstorm occurs once every 1,843 years in that part of the state. Let's hope we can reincarnate Zappa before the next hail storm.

This neck of the anti-woods is in the desert. The wind storm last year was not too out of the ordinary, wind there is common, but so is heat this time of year. Anyone able to sleep past 9am regardless of when they went to bed deserves a prize, because most tents are 130 degrees by then. It does get cool at night though.

If you smoke cigarettes, bring a bunch. The store ran out two years ago, and I had people offering me $2 for a smoke at the show. I could have sat out front of the venue selling packs for $20 each (not that I would, that would be illegal). Also, every non smoker camping next to smokers over the course of the weekend remembers how much they like smoking, so bring enough for two.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

The heat *can't* be worse than coachella. I'm just not willing to believe it.

I have been told the heat is NOT worse then Coachella. The only people the will be bugged by the heat at Sasquatch, are those who have not camped at Coachella before.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

yea, I'm calling shenanigans on that one too.

Comparing the "heat" of Central Washington in May to the "heat" of Southern California in April is like comparing the slutiness of Tara Reid to the slutiness of Jenna Jamison. It is barely a contest. I am not saying it will be hotter at Sasquatch, I am just saying Tara Reid is a whore.

(this is my first and last attempt at Hollywood humor)

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

So the 98 degree day in 2005 doesn't qualify as Coachella quality heat? It's a desert too ya know. Although I think it's a lot more rare for Sasquatch.

Man that sucked hard. I'd gladly take wind and hail again over that.

? How is 98 degrees hot for Coachella? It's generally over 100 degrees for the festival.

Very true - I used to believe "hot is hot", regardless of the actual temperature, until Coachella last year, when you pass 100F, there is a whole new level of suffering.

The heat at sasquatch is not bad at all. There is almost always wind to make it relaxing.

"relaxing". Here's hoping there are not gale winds.

Yes, the breezes are a lifesaver. Keep in mind also that all of the venues are outdoors and uncovered, though I'm not sure where they plan on putting the Comedy Stage. Shade is a rare commodity.

Quote Originally Posted by invisiblerobots View Post
    Yes, the breezes are a lifesaver. Keep in mind also that all of the venues are outdoors and uncovered, though I'm not sure where they plan on putting the Comedy Stage. Shade is a rare commodity.
    yeah, sunscreen is a must because of the constant exposure to the sun.

I'm skipping Sasquatch this year it looks like. Primarily because of my ATP purchase, but I might make monday if things swing well.

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    Comparing the "heat" of Central Washington in May to the "heat" of Southern California in April is like comparing the slutiness of Tara Reid to the slutiness of Jenna Jamison. It is barely a contest. I am not saying it will be hotter at Sasquatch, I am just saying Tara Reid is a whore.

(this is my first and last attempt at Hollywood humor)
    I am not from Hollywood but I found that humorous

Does anyone need tickets? I have 3 Sat and 3 Sun tickets that I am trying to sell as well as a regular two day camping pass. Although I would like to sell them all together, I am willing to make negotiations.

PM me, or email me at thefighting_irish2003 (at) yahoo (dot) com.

EDIT: I used to be a notre dame fan...not anymore.

Did they really need a 7.5MB pdf for that ??

Layout looks the same as last year with the addition of the tent.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

someone was saying the wookie and yeti stages were switched.

I guess the flips movie is going to show several times a day, so looks like i'll be able to catch it easily.

Looks like camping may be sold out (atleast 3-day).. I can't find them on ticketmaster anymore. I am freaking out!!! Does any body have an extra 3-day camping pass?!
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

Interesting - quite a few people had been insisting that the camping "never" sells out.

damn, i needs to go through this whole thread and make sure i am properly prepared.

Heh, I need to do that too. I've only car camped and am at a loss as to how to pack for camping when I'll be flying.

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    damn, i needs to go through this whole thread and make sure i am properly prepared.
    You're going to Sasquatch? Cool, maybe I'll get to met you this time. I saw you at dan le sac, but never got to say hi.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    You're going to Sasquatch? Cool, maybe I'll get to met you this time. I saw you at dan le sac, but never got to say hi.
    might be harder to recognize me since i will be going in a non-photo pass way. I won't have the 2 cameras and a bag strapped to me. Don't get me wrong, i'll still be geeking out on the pictures, just in a casual way. If you spot me (or i you), hopefully there is time for some chillin'.

Does anybody have any good recommendations on cheap and good tents? I am going up with four people. I think I read somewhere that Wal-Mart is selling two people tents for $17?
    >>>>East Bay<<<<

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    scoop the eucalyptus infused shit out of a koala's ass and chow down you crocodile dundee special edition blu-ray owning, fosters keg hoarding, didgeridoo fellating, outback steakhouse gift card carrying dingo-dicked puddle of kangaroo piss.

go listen to wolfmother...

Quote Originally Posted by ivankay View Post
    might be harder to recognize me since i will be going in a non-photo pass way. I won't have the 2 cameras and a bag strapped to me. Don't get me wrong, i'll still be geeking out on the pictures, just in a casual way. If you spot me (or i you), hopefully there is time for some chillin'.
    No photo pass eh? Just going as a fan? I bet that is going to be a different experience. But if I see you, I will for sure say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    No photo pass eh? Just going as a fan? I bet that is going to be a different experience. But if I see you, I will for sure say hi.
    Not that different. i still go to shows mostly a a fan. Yesterday i went to a live Family Guy show without a camera at all (had a couple of jonesing moments..btw, show was hysterical). my main motivation for Sasquatch was to hang with my friends who usually came down for Coachella. They went and had offspring recently and claim they couldn't make it this year. So i told them i would come up then and finally see the beauty of the Gorge. my friends don't always dig it when i get the pass due to a lot of separating throughout the day. But, if i got offered one, i wouldn't turn it down. i would concentrate on my chums first though.

Quote Originally Posted by Jakewc151 View Post
    Looks like camping may be sold out (atleast 3-day).. I can't find them on ticketmaster anymore. I am freaking out!!! Does any body have an extra 3-day camping pass?!
    Take a deep breath, everything will be ok.

Parking is no longer offered on ticketmaster either, yet concert tickets are not sold out. It wouldn't make sense to say camping and parking are no longer available when tickets to the show are still available. Afterall, ideally they would want to sell out the concert tickets, and eliminating parking and camping for a venue that is practically in the middle of nowhere won't happen (especially since the main campground is virtually endless).

Three day concert tickets have not been available on ticketmaster for at least a month now. My friends had to buy tickets individually a month ago, thus adding two extra ticketmaster rape charges. I don't know why parking and camping is no longer available on ticketmaster, but in no way does that mean they are sold out.
    Last edited by know ID ya; 05-11-2008 at 08:17 PM.

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada

it just dawned on me today that sasquatch is next weekend. damn, that came up quick.