Page 50 of 50 FirstFirst ... 454647484950
Results 1,471 to 1,491 of 1491

Thread: Sasquatch

Default Re: Sasquatch

lots of parts turned out very good. others, not so much.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    any tornados?
    Actually, there was a small funnel shaped wind storm that rolled through the main campground picking up a small tent and carrying it toward the music venue, allowing the tent to touch down several times before again lifting it 60 feet in the air. Drunken campers cheered on, and one joked, "I think someone is in that tent." The funny part was that it was heading directly to the venue. The wind storm last year sent tents flying to opposite direction.

Highlights:

Rodrigo Y Gabriela-Darn mad I missed them recently, I won't again. When Gabriela's guitar broke, she said something along the lines of, "Spinal Tap moment, my F-ing guitar broke." I really like her.

First five minutes of Mars Volta: I don't know what drugs the lead singer took minutes before running on stage, but he was a complete lunatic. He jumped up on a 7 foot high speaker and started dancing, almost falling off, then jumped off (not sticking the landing, yet turning it in to a "now I'm doing push-ups, since I practically fell flat on my face.") He threw a high hat in the crowd, stumbled around stage some more, then tried to wrestle away a video camera from a cameraman. At that point, the guitar player briefly quit playing to pull the lead singer away as the cameraman held on for life. I actually said out loud, "is he always like this?"

Stephen Malkmus and the Jicks: I had barely listened to them previously, but enjoyed the show enough to skip the beginning of the Cure. He started by making a dry crack at the Kooks who preceded. After each song ended, a slew of spectators left to get their spot for the Cure. It appeared he was poking fun at them, or tempting others to do the same. This "F you" attitude made the show that much more fun.

The National: It was fun seeing them on the small stage, Dwight introduced them by saying, "these guys are f-ing A-holes" and made people laugh for a couple bits, until he dragged it on too long and started getting booed. I really enjoy the National, but still don't get the "great live band" tag. I wish I had seen more of Modest Mouse on the main stage instead, I heard they were wild, minus some technical difficulties. I'm glad I got to see the Fleet Foxes expecting to see the National earlier.

The Cure: I am now a fan.

Flaming Lips: Their show musically wasn't as good as after the hail storm in 2006, but you can't beat the theatrics of this show. That poor little kid that kept getting kicked in the head, I'm glad he got his revenge.

The party on the main campground was great, as usual. I was surprised to see a couple people get arrested by undercover cops. The party was endless. Thanks for the Wildhorse review earlier, it sorta sounds like it appeals more to the mellow. I'll be there in 10 years.

Thanks for the pictures and videos.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

The murder capital where we murder for capital

Ah yes, thank you for reminding me. The Mars Volta are just flat out offensively annoying. Add them to the list of bands I will pass on next time around.

same here. I love their music, but did not enjoy the live show much other than for their antics.

The Flaming Lips cover Led Zeppelin- The Song Remains The Same (Naked girls at the end!)
    My main concert footage YouTube Channel
    http://www.youtube.com/magmazing

My Backup channel: http://www.youtube.com/magmazingmusic

My website: http://www.magmazingmusic.com

Quote Originally Posted by know ID ya View Post
    Thanks for the Wildhorse review earlier, it sorta sounds like it appeals more to the mellow. I'll be there in 10 years.
    Well, it definitely wasn't your grandparents camping in their RV, but it was much more mellow (I'll assume) than the main campgrounds. There were people drinking or whatever, music playing, socializing, it just was not a 24 hour party and people who were staying up were respectful of others who wanted to sleep.

Staying up all night and partying definitely has its place, but I can't do that for multiple days AND still spend 12 hours a day at a concert, so I definitely appreciated that it was quietER.

(Just clarifying, I didn't mean to imply that everyone came back to the campground at 10PM and went to sleep!)

Quote Originally Posted by chiapet View Post
    Well, it definitely wasn't your grandparents camping in their RV, but it was much more mellow (I'll assume) than the main campgrounds. There were people drinking or whatever, music playing, socializing, it just was not a 24 hour party and people who were staying up were respectful of others who wanted to sleep.

Staying up all night and partying definitely has its place, but I can't do that for multiple days AND still spend 12 hours a day at a concert, so I definitely appreciated that it was quietER.

(Just clarifying, I didn't mean to imply that everyone came back to the campground at 10PM and went to sleep!)
    I understand completely, sorta like a cheaper version of premier camping, further away. At the main campground, there are areas where you do not dare ask someone to keep it down. I have seen people yell at security several times, and ultimately, security has little authority unless they call the cops.

I have spent full days at the festival, and I always have a best case music scenario mapped out in my head, but there are days to sacrifice a couple early bands for a bit more sleep, or a bit more camp fun. The most memorable moments of Sasquatch involve the happenings at the campground, weather, and bands that play after five, so I expect to miss early bands for more campground fun half of the time. Car camping in close quarters is not how other festivals do it, as far as I know (thus the big party).

How long is the shuttle from Wildhorse, and how often does it run? I can imagine people from my group falling asleep (passing out) waiting for a shuttle.
    Last edited by know ID ya; 05-28-2008 at 05:31 PM.
    Skrillex 2013 tour dates:

1/24/13 Montreal, Canada
    4/12/13-4/21/13 POLO FIELD-SIZED GAP
    7/12/13 - Montreal, Canada
    7/13/13 - Toronto, Canada
    7/17/13 - Winnipeg, Canada
    7/19/13 - Calgary, Canada
    7/21/13 - Vancouver, Canada

flaming lips - 1.AVI (406.83 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=6G8R0O42

flaming lips - 2.AVI (344.85 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=Y136VMHT

flaming lips - 3.AVI (474.67 KB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=C831Z4C8

flaming lips - 4.AVI (361.71 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=808AQ02N

flaming lips - 5.AVI (589.91 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=XAW8GUXT

flaming lips - 6.AVI (323.18 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=0YKGB9RJ

flaming lips - 7.AVI (85.59 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=JQTOQQ9E

flaming lips - 8.AVI (406.04 MB)
    http://www.megaupload.com/?d=NHEABBR0

The shuttle, they claim, runs every 30 minutes starting when the venue opens and then until everyone is back. In actuality, they stop them at some point and assume everyone is back - no idea when the last one was, but I had no trouble catching one after the last set. And they were definitely running them much more frequently than 30 minutes, I'd guess every 15 minutes going into the venue earlier in the day, and every 5-10 minutes at night when the show ended. On Monday, since the festival ended earlier, there was a huge line for the shuttle, so I had to wait 2 bus loads - still did not wait more than 15 minutes. The shuttle was really fast, since they were allowed to drive down the coned-off center lane. Took less than 5 minutes to get back to the campground.

I definitely get what you're saying, and actually would have tried the premier camping but it sold out very quickly while my friends were still on the fence about going. Wildhorse ended up being a good alternative to that.

I can't sleep well in a tent no matter how late I go to bed - it's not the noise or light that wakes me, just the knowledge that it's daytime (for some reason that doesn't happen at home). The first night we didn't arrive around 5:30AM and I still woke up around 8:30

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    I'm the guy who had the Cure and REM headline his create-a-festival poster, so you can probably get a good idea on how I feel about missing Sasquatch right now...
    i'm really sad too.

anyone have any good cure vids of their set I can cry to?
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

The last night of the fest when I was listening to the chick on shrooms go on about unicorns two kids walked up and told the bus driver they left them. He was apologetic and though everyone was back but that was a long fucking walk. Probably 2 miles or so which sucks after a long day at a fest and you just want rest. The lips show ended at 11:30 and the bus driver was back at 12:30 eating a burger. He should have made one more trip. The kids said they were running towards the bus as it was leaving too.

I only made it to Saturday and i'm glad i did..

Good times. Didn't get meet any bordies, but i was lookin out..

Beruit were my favorite. They set the chill tone for me. I missed the National and that blew for me, but i'll make time for them at lolla fo sho!

low point: REM...I don't get it

R.E.M. didn't do much for me a few years ago on the "reveal" tour but I loved this show. The rain, the hits, the new rockers. Loved it.

old school

Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

I have recently moved to Seattle and will definitely be hitting this up.
    10/5 The War On Drugs @ The Fillmore
    10/21 Jessie Ware @ The Chapel
    10/24 Little Dragon @ the Fox Theatre
    10/24 Rfs Du Sol @ The Mezzanine
    10/29 PHISH @ Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    10/31 AlunaGeorge @ 1015 (?)
    11/29 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/01 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

I'd go back if the lineup is good and if funds permit.

I might be in if I have money. It's not likely though. Last year was great. Maybe i'll come into some cash and pull it off.

yea, last year was great. I've saved all the money I need for coachella, so I guess I have several months to save for sasquatch.

we should all put in $5 for lottery tickets every week and win all the money we need for sasquatch/coachella 09 funds, lol.

My lovely lady Bump.

So the line-up comes out around mid to late February right?

Last year the lineup came out February 25th. There is an '09 thread if you are interested here and you can get caught up on my blog if you haven't already.

Quote Originally Posted by Dustinanson View Post
    Last year the lineup came out February 25th. There is an '09 thread if you are interested here and you can get caught up on my blog if you haven't already.
    Coolio.