Page 7 of 50 FirstFirst ... 23456789101112 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch

Default Re: Sasquatch

Hmm... so sometime in the third week of Febuary?

I was just hoping they were going to anounce the line up a little earlier this year... considering most people know for a fact The Cure are headling and its pretty much a given at this point REM will be headlining the other night.

I hope they line up gets anounced a little earlier.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Anyone got any more info on the possibility of The Breeders playing? I hear there is a Portland show at the end of May? Any confirmation on that?
    sevententwelve.wordpress.com
    Seven Inch! Ten Inch! Twelve Inch!

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Well each the mainstage had 6 "big acts" last year. Bjork, Beastie Boys, Arcade Fire, Interpol, Manu Chao and Michael Franti.
    So far, this year we have The Cure, REM, Gang Of Four, Modest Mouse, Death Cab and ______. We are still missing one big mainstage act.
    Mars Volta? QOTSA? Gnarls Barkley? Franz Ferdinand? Common... give us a hint.
    gnarls barkley would be a GREAT add. and gang of four gettign lost and not showing up would be even better

and n.e.r.d. would be a cool addition. but there is no basis for that. at all.
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

I have no basis for Gnarls Barkley either... other then that I would love to see them there. Their new album comes out April 1st, so since, as of right now, they aren't playing Coachella... it would be a great grab for Sasquatch.
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I have no basis for Gnarls Barkley either... other then that I would love to see them there. Their new album comes out April 1st, so since, as of right now, they aren't playing Coachella... it would be a great grab for Sasquatch.

totally in agreement. are you going no matter what? or pending the line up

I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.

Well, I refunded my tickets to The Cure in Vancouver a few months ago. And I really want to see the Cure. Also, REM/Modest Mouse sounds pretty good. Seeing those two shows in Vancouver would cost probably the same as Sasquatch, if not more.
    So as of this point, I am saying I am going. But realisticaly, it does depend on line up/money. I am really pulling for acts like Gnars Barkley, QOTSA, The Mars Volta, Franz Ferdinand and/or Cake. What about you? You definately going? Or pending on the line up?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

when was last year's line up announced?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    when was last year's line up announced?
    Febuary 20th. This year looks like its going to be released somewhere between the 18th-20th.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Febuary 20th. This year looks like its going to be released somewhere between the 18th-20th.
    Thanx! Not that I would go...I just want to see what the line up is and contrast and compare...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I'm out. Not going this year. Other plans ....
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Well, I refunded my tickets to The Cure in Vancouver a few months ago. And I really want to see the Cure. Also, REM/Modest Mouse sounds pretty good. Seeing those two shows in Vancouver would cost probably the same as Sasquatch, if not more.
    So as of this point, I am saying I am going. But realisticaly, it does depend on line up/money. I am really pulling for acts like Gnars Barkley, QOTSA, The Mars Volta, Franz Ferdinand and/or Cake. What about you? You definately going? Or pending on the line up?
    ill probably go either way. rem and the cure are enough of an excuse for me to go to the gorge. but then again i am a bit closer

Pollstar.com shows the Breeders playing in Portland on May 25, which makes it likely that they will play Sasquatch!

Make sure to check out my Sasquatch! Blog

www.sasquatchmusicfestival.blogspot.com

I would say the Breeder are likely a lock then too. Thats good, I have this strange feeling they are going to be conflicting with Battles at Coachella this year.
    Also, I just had a somewhat random thought... is it at all possible Sasquatch will be 3 days this year? They havent officialy anounced the new Sasquatch dates yet. Or have they?

Sasquatch only went to ~3 days in '06 and I think that was just to accomodate NIN who were on tour at the time and could only do the Friday. It wasn't a full day, iirc it started at ~4pm.

I don't think 3 days is on the cards for '08.
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

I know '06 was only one stage and started at 4pm... but they could still do it this year. I was just curious if it was even possible. Sasquatch hasn't even updated thier page though. Their latest piece of news says "See you in 2008."

Why would they ? Unless there is another NIN type situation, it's not going to happen.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Why would they ? Unless there is another NIN type situation, it's not going to happen.
    Radiohead...?

Radiohead are starting their tour in Dublin on June6. They're not playing one show at Sasquatch and then going to Europe for the tour there.

Hmm... so sometime in the third week of Febuary?

I was just hoping they were going to anounce the line up a little earlier this year... considering most people know for a fact The Cure are headling and its pretty much a given at this point REM will be headlining the other night.

I hope they line up gets anounced a little earlier.
    Interesting.

I went (just drove to Miami) to UMF last year because of The Cure then in March I'm also driving to Langerado only in the day R.E.M. is performing. I'd go and fly to Sasquatch with The Cure and R.E.M. AND all of these acts mentioned by rage - Gnars Barkley, QOTSA, The Mars Volta, Franz Ferdinand, Cake (plus Magnetic Fields, The Whigs, British Sea Power, Caribou, Minus The Bear ...), AND if & only if they are also not included in Bonnaroo's lineup.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Pho Vu, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

WORLD of BEER
    Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

Radiohead have said they are touring the US in May and August. They will be touring Europe June/July.
    Even though Radiohead are HIGHLY unlikely... if Sasquatch could score them for a Friday evening performance, they would do it.

Well, good for them if they do ...

So let me get this straight...

Confirmed:
    The Cure

Likely/May as well be confirmed:
    REM
    Modest Mouse
    Gang Of Four
    Death Cab For Cutie
    The National
    The Breeders
    *cough*Radiohead*cough*

Am I missing anyone?

Memorial_07

Quote Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
    Great picture.
    Even better signature.

I'm just gonna put it out there. You can take it, if not, throw it right back...

Broken Social Scene

BSS have dates posted up until March (so its possible) and with the way the line up is shaping up, if they are added, it will be the sweetest eargasm all summer

Why the fuck aren't BSS and Feist playing Coachella? Damnit.

LOL...I just remembered that the heartagram band played Sasquatch in 06.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I definately thought at least Fiest would have been at Coachella. I was hoping BSS would be there too... so Fiest could have sung with them. And, with Metric on the line up, we could have had both Fiest and Emily Haines with BSS... that would have been amazing.
    With that being said, I would be very happy with either Fiest and/or BSS at Sasquatch.

Also, someone a couple pages back that Cat Power, Flogging Molly and I'm From Barcelona are all rumoured for this year. I would just like to say that I approve of these.
    I wonder when '08 ticket info is going to be released...

Dude. 2 weeks.

I heard that Madness were playing Sasquatch on the Saturday...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields