Page 4 of 50 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: Sasquatch

Default Re: Sasquatch

So would you tell us some Sasquatch latest rumors/news MarkO? Or nothing really?
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

I haven't heard anything. Sasquatch always gives PNW bands a lot of stage time so *any* band from up here is a possibility; MM played in '05 so are due for a return though iirc, they played the download fest there at The Gorge last August.

Who knows. Last years lineup was decent as was 06's.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by magmazing View Post
    consequence of sound ( http://consequenceofsound.com/summer-festival-outlook/ ) has 65 Days of Static, The Heavenly States, Fleet Foxes, and of course, The Cure listed as confirmed. Gang of Four is listed there as rumoured but it seems most thing they will be there. According to a topic in another section of the boards, Death Cab for Cutie will be making yet another appearance at Sasquatch this year. Of course why would they not? They're a northwest band.

What's not confirmed but seems to be the going consensus is that R.E.M. is the Saturday headliner.

One thing that's bothered me about Sasquatch is that there's nowhere (that I know of) to discuss the festival other than other festival's message boards or artists' boards. You can't even make comments at their myspace.
    I'll check what's going on with the rumors or confirmed rumors in this thread.

I approve

65daysofstatic

and hoping for R.E.M. or The Cure or ? (fine with any of my top favorites since I've seen R.E.M. and The Cure recently ... I meant in the last few years plus would be R.E.M. in Langerado) AND Radiohead

DCFC - hope not

Will check the myspace of the others ...
    Last edited by idrive1life; 01-26-2008 at 07:15 PM.
    Coachella 2015 Food Wish List
    Food Trucks: Germany's Famous Bratwurst, Fist of Fusion, Komodo, Oooh LaLa Crepes, Ludo Truck, Seoul Sausage, Vizzi Truck, Kogi BBQ

Restaurants: L' Atelier Cafe, Le Vallauris, Tropicale, Pomme Frite, Tutti Frutti Frozen Yogurt, Crave, Cafe Scandia, Swiss Donut

Bring Back The Following:
    KazuNori, At Night + Market Song, Beer Belly, Mexicali, Crossroads, Baco Mercat, Stumptown

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    when does set times come out?

I believe The Cure are a lock as they are using the date as a reschedule for their cancelled date in Seattle and supposedly are playing a full set.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I haven't heard anything. Sasquatch always gives PNW bands a lot of stage time so *any* band from up here is a possibility; MM played in '05 so are due for a return though iirc, they played the download fest there at The Gorge last August.

Who knows. Last years lineup was decent as was 06's.
    they are due and heard they will be there.

Hmm... So Death Cab, Modest Mouse - can we add The Shins or The Decemberists to make it a PNW Trifecta?
    sevententwelve.wordpress.com
    Seven Inch! Ten Inch! Twelve Inch!

Quote Originally Posted by quartermass View Post
    Hmm... So Death Cab, Modest Mouse - can we add The Shins or The Decemberists to make it a PNW Trifecta?
    Sasquatch 2006 anyone?
    Upcoming Shows:
    The Knife: 4/9 @ Fox Theater
    Coachella: 4/11-13 @ Empire Polo Fields

WTF is this?

Memorial Day Weekend 2008. The Cure, Rush, Gang of Four & The Heavenly States are all confirmed. The rumors which will 99% more than likely happen are: Death Cab For Cutie, Tegan & Sarah, Minus The Bear, I’m From Barcelona,Cat Power, Matt Costa & Jack Johnson. Other rumors which are looking dimmer include Radiohead, Flogging Molly, R.E.M & Tech N9ne.
    Rush? I think that this person misread Pollstar, but where is this person getting their info from, I wonder? Jack Johnson - Pandaroo, I know you have given more than enough info, but please say it isn't so!

the shins and the decembrists will not be there.

If they get Cat Power and we dont, that would suck.
    4/27 Ghost B.C. @ Fonda, 4/30 Mono @ Troubadour, 5/3 I Break Horses @ Bootleg Theater, 5/19 Lykke Li @ The Theatre at Ace, 5/28-6/1 Primavera Sound, 6/18-22 Sled Island, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go

WTF is this?

Rush? I think that this person misread Pollstar, but where is this person getting their info from, I wonder? Jack Johnson - Pandaroo, I know you have given more than enough info, but please say it isn't so!
    I dont know about Rush! So far all the bands that people have rumored to be there that I was told was true are - REM, Gang of Four, the National, The Cure Modest Mouse. They are probably saying Jack Johnson because he is Headlining Coachella and rumored at ApW. Last year our source gave us Bjork and BEastie Boys weeks before it was official. IF jack Johnson is there, He is not headlining

Quote Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
    I dont know about Rush! So far all the bands that people have rumored to be there that I was told was true are - REM, Gang of Four, the National, The Cure Modest Mouse. They are probably saying Jack Johnson because he is Headlining Coachella and rumored at ApW. Last year our source gave us Bjork and BEastie Boys weeks before it was official. IF jack Johnson is there, He is not headlining
    I figured, with the rumor of REM and Modest Mouse, that when the tour with REM, MODEST MOUSE and THE NATIONAL was announced that it would make sense that The National would be playing Sasquatch too. This is shaping up to be a killer lineup for me, as these are bands that I love but haven't seen yet. Thanks Pandaroo!

Memorial Day Weekend 2008. The Cure, Rush, Gang of Four & The Heavenly States are all confirmed. The rumors which will 99% more than likely happen are: Death Cab For Cutie, Tegan & Sarah, Minus The Bear, I’m From Barcelona,Cat Power, Matt Costa & Jack Johnson. Other rumors which are looking dimmer include Radiohead, Flogging Molly, R.E.M & Tech N9ne.
    Well, considering Rush are playing exactly a week after Sasquatch at the Gorge, I HIGHLY doubt they will be playing Sasquatch. So it looks like REM and The Cure are headliners. That is cool with me. Add in acts like Im From Barcelona, Cat Power, Flogging Molly and Modest Mouse... and it looks like a festival is starting to shape up here.
    So when is the line up going to be anounced? Febuary 11? 18? Somewhere around there?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

Matt Costa should be there again, in 2006 his set got cancelled cause of the hail... REM is pretty sick, but im hoping they add a Vancouver date the day after or before or something...with Modest Mouse opening...that will be enough for me, dont need to go to Sasquatch.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    Matt Costa should be there again, in 2006 his set got cancelled cause of the hail... REM is pretty sick, but im hoping they add a Vancouver date the day after or before or something...with Modest Mouse opening...that will be enough for me, dont need to go to Sasquatch.
    He played an acoustic set near the smaller stage after all the crazy weather stopped. I talked to him about it one night I met him at one of his shows. He said he was bummed that he couldn't use the stage, so he grabbed a guitar and played for a handful of people. Very cool guy.

Quote Originally Posted by dubsquatch View Post
    He played an acoustic set near the smaller stage after all the crazy weather stopped. I talked to him about it one night I met him at one of his shows. He said he was bummed that he couldn't use the stage, so he grabbed a guitar and played for a handful of people. Very cool guy.
    Michael Franti did the same thing last year...his set on the mainstage got cancelled due to the winds and moved to the Wookie stage and he performed acoustically for the people on the barricade...he was right in front of my face, it was pretty cool.
    Upcoming Shows:

Seriously? Do bands sets get cancelled that often at Sasquatch?

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Seriously? Do bands sets get cancelled that often at Sasquatch?
    well, ive only been twice, and in 2006 the hail shut down the 2nd stage, it cancelled Matt Costa and Sam Roberts Band.... Neko Case performed 2 songs, Ben Harper went from headlining to playing before The Flaming Lips... and in 2007 it was windy as a mother fuck... during Polyphonic Spree they had to shut down, take the light rig down for 3 hours or so... they did about 5 songs... Michael Franti got moved to the 2nd stage, WAY far away from the main stage... so, it happens.
    Upcoming Shows:

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    well, ive only been twice, and in 2006 the hail shut down the 2nd stage, it cancelled Matt Costa and Sam Roberts Band.... Neko Case performed 2 songs, Ben Harper went from headlining to playing before The Flaming Lips... and in 2007 it was windy as a mother fuck... during Polyphonic Spree they had to shut down, take the light rig down for 3 hours or so... they did about 5 songs... Michael Franti got moved to the 2nd stage, WAY far away from the main stage... so, it happens.
    Not only did Michael Franti get moved to the Wookie stage, but there were serious problems setting up for his set and his set started while the Beastie Boys were in the middle of their main stage set. It ended up that Michael Franti was still playing when the Beasties were done... AND unbeknownst to most, Polyphonic Spree also played into the night at the small stage.

In '06 pretty much every Canadian was bummed that Sam Roberts was cancelled because of the hail and that the Tragically Hip set was shortened to 30 minutes, but damn what an incredible 30 minutes!

Here's hoping for another Hip appearance. Srlsy.

true, i personally didnt like Tragically Hip at all, until I saw their set at Sasquatch, and when they opened up with Grace, Too, it was excellent!
    Upcoming Shows:

Wow... from what I am reading here... it sounds like 06 and 07 were disasters.

on the contrary. they were fucking fun as hell. the hail was unreal. I've never seen anything like that before. watching neko case get pegged was pretty funny.

Nature fucking with the festival a bit, but not disasters at all. You just learn to come prepared for weather ranging from "cold as fuck" to "death from sunstroke"

I'm calling killer bee attack this year.

I went to Sas last year and it literally was the most fun I've ever had listening to music.

The VIP Supertickets, btw, is the only way to go.

Yeah, I'm not going to Coachella but I'm hoping the sas lineup is good.

Cure is a great start

Quote Originally Posted by loyalfromlondon View Post
    I went to Sas last year and it literally was the most fun I've ever had listening to music.

The VIP Supertickets, btw, is the only way to go.

please explain the setup there. it looks like you have the grassy hill, then a fenced in inner sanctum sort of thing, then and even more fenced in inner-inner sanctum. nested sanctums. am i seeing that right? which is VIP?
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    please explain the setup there. it looks like you have the grassy hill, then a fenced in inner sanctum sort of thing, then and even more fenced in inner-inner sanctum. nested sanctums. am i seeing that right? which is VIP?

Im just gonna copy a post i made earlier:

From the camping to the venue, it looks like this:

http://www.flickr.com/photo_zoom.gne...3940403&size=l

This was the wookie last year.

To the left of the beer can, that 1st tree, the people standing on the left are at the peak of what is the mainstage/field with the insane unreal view of the Gorge

Camping:
    is put your car wherever you want and set your shit up, take as much room as you want:

View of mainstage from Lawn:

that prob aint the best photo...but ya.

There is the mainstage...its closed off, so get inside early, or you can queue before the band you wanna see, but that becomes a fuckin rat cage and dangerous when they open it up.... then there is the 2nd 1/2 of the GA and that is always open and not sealed off. It gets crowded and behind that are the VIP seats and soundboard... then you gotta walk a bit and there is "seats" with grass to sit on, with rock shit at your back, painful. and then the giant grass field. it isnt the easiest to explain....you just gotta see it.
    Upcoming Shows: