Page 1 of 50 123456 ... LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 1491

Thread: Sasquatch

  1. #1
    Member pandaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    321

    Unhappy Sasquatch

    I live in portland, and eat ramen for 3 months to be able to afford coachella and I am happy to every year... this year I may have to wait to buy my tickets to coachella until after the sasquatch lineup... chances are good it will have a better lineup... and I can save myself $800!

    Let the sasquatch leaks begin.

  2. #2
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,514

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    The Cure are confirmed.

    Radiohead and Gang of Four are rumoured. Radiohead is looking less and less likely though.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  3. #3
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    I've always wanted to go to sasquatch, this may be my year.

  4. #4
    Member pandaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Sasquatch


  5. #5
    Lurker Max Cady's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    46

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by pandaroo View Post
    I live in portland, and eat ramen for 3 months to be able to afford coachella and I am happy to every year... this year I may have to wait to buy my tickets to coachella until after the sasquatch lineup... chances are good it will have a better lineup... and I can save myself $800!

    Let the sasquatch leaks begin.
    I have been going to coachella and sasquatch both for years and every year i leave sasquatch wishing that the experience as a whole was more like coachella. dont get me wrong, sasquatch is a great time and i'm from the NW, so it is good to go home for the weekend, but regarding the overall concert going extravaganza, there is no comparison

  6. #6
    Member pandaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    I went to sasquatch in '05 and I would have to say the linup was better there... yeah coachella is a better experience, but i want to have a truely unique concert expierience at the premium that I have to pay to make it to coachella... i am not sure that I will get that this year with this linup.

    Coachella $900, Sasquatch $200

  7. #7
    Member seachanges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Sasquatch has no dance tent. Don't get me wrong or anything I love the festival and have gone the past three years, but it does and always has needed a small dance tent. That has DJ's spinning from start to finish, later on in the day it's annoying that only the mainstage is used.

  8. #8
    Member magmazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    What's more annoying at Sasquatch is the unpredictable weather you get that either cuts acts short or totally screws up the schedule. Well the last two years anyway. Freak hail storm in '06 and crazy wind storm last year.

    I totally missed Michael Franti and Interpol last year because of the wind storm.

    I honestly have to say this year's Sasquatch Sunday headliner trumps this year's Coachella headliners. Time will tell regarding the lineups as a whole.

  9. #9
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,603

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    The weather is a huge wildcard at Sasquatch.

    05 - blistering heat
    06 - hail that shut down the main stage
    07 - v.high winds that shut down the main stage
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  10. #10
    Member seachanges's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    178

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Who did you go see instead of Interpol? I can't remember how everything ended up playing out, but I know I saw their entire set. Or did you go back to your tent for warmer clothes like many others chose to?

    I like the crazy weather myself, it's something interesting to talk about when you get home, not just just "this band was good, that band was great" kind of thing.

  11. #11
    Member Astrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    831/805
    Posts
    1,582

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    when can an announcement be expected? anywhere radiohead is going to be is where i want to be...

  12. #12
    Member magmazing's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    BC
    Posts
    812

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by seachanges View Post
    Who did you go see instead of Interpol? I can't remember how everything ended up playing out, but I know I saw their entire set. Or did you go back to your tent for warmer clothes like many others chose to?

    I like the crazy weather myself, it's something interesting to talk about when you get home, not just just "this band was good, that band was great" kind of thing.
    Here's how everything went to hell last year for me. So the windstorm happened during Polyphonic Spree which ended their set early. Spoon was up next followed by Michael Franti on the main stage. The orginizers decided to keep Spoon on the main stage and move Michael Franti to the second stage. I wanted to see Michael Franti so I marched on over to the other stage to wait. When Michael Franti was scheduled to start, there was announcement that there was a short delay because of setup issues.

    20 minutes later a couple of my friends then ditched me because they were sick of waiting and went to see a little bit Interpol. I held out because I at least wanted to see ONE song and then go to see Interpol. Another 25 minutes later I gave up and ran over to the main stage only to find out that Interpol was done and that the Beastie Boys were about 10 minutes away.

    Then after the Beasties set a few friends didn't show up at the meeting spot so me and couple others went searching, after that we found out that Michael Franti was playing and we missed the tail end. I was rather disappointed.

    Damn weather. This year we're predicting locusts or an earthquake.

  13. #13
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,698

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Radiohead is looking less and less likely though.
    what? why they are hitting seattle on their tour. and that tour is going to be in the summer...so.....it would make perfect sence
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

  14. #14
    Member beavington's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Ventura, CA
    Posts
    1,860

    Default don't get me wrong...

    Sasquatch is a great experience. In a way it is better than Coachella, I like that you can have a barbecue grill at your camp site and your car is right next to you, but then sitting on the side of the hill in the sun and cool air as it was last year and looking at the scenery, oh that scenery. It is too much. You dont even need to look at the stage just look out.
    The great thing about Coachella scenery its the palm tree out line at sunset and watching the sun go down. And for some reason the lights going upward always seem off.

    But Coachella offers more and has more international bands, while sasquatch has some but a lot of Pacific Northwest Bands too.

  15. #15
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,603

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Sasquatch dedicates a stage to PNW bands.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  16. #16
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,514

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    what? why they are hitting seattle on their tour. and that tour is going to be in the summer...so.....it would make perfect sence
    I think they are doing their west coast dates in August. Which means Sasquatch would be out. Their itinerary also says "Seattle" not "Quincy."
    I would love for nothing more than for Radiohead to be there. But as I said, as time passes on, its looking less and less likely.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  17. #17
    Member McFearless's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    San Francisco
    Posts
    436

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    I comforted my depressed friend with the words "just wait for sasquatch, it will probably be really good this year."

    I went in 2006 as well when arctic monkeys played. I only went one day though so I didn't camp or anything. Is there hotels near by? Cause, camping is not my thing.

  18. #18
    Amneeziac
    Guest

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    It's important to note that 2007's Sasquatch Festival was carbon neutral. Any half-decent Radiohead fan knows how environmentally conscious they are. I think that if Sasquatch were attempting to woo them, as any festival that wanted to sell tickets would, this would be something to mention to them. And I think that, at the very least, they'd be interested.

    My two cents.

  19. #19
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,698

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I think they are doing their west coast dates in August. Which means Sasquatch would be out. Their itinerary also says "Seattle" not "Quincy."
    I would love for nothing more than for Radiohead to be there. But as I said, as time passes on, its looking less and less likely.
    hah you and i both know nothing ever says quincy
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

  20. #20

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by superfiction View Post
    hah you and i both know nothing ever says quincy
    And don't most associate The Gorge as being "in George"

  21. #21
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Cady View Post
    I have been going to coachella and sasquatch both for years and every year i leave sasquatch wishing that the experience as a whole was more like coachella. dont get me wrong, sasquatch is a great time and i'm from the NW, so it is good to go home for the weekend, but regarding the overall concert going extravaganza, there is no comparison
    yep, sasquatch pulls some sweet bands but the overall production value of coachella is soooooooo much better.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    18,350

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by McFearless View Post
    I comforted my depressed friend with the words "just wait for sasquatch, it will probably be really good this year."

    I went in 2006 as well when arctic monkeys played. I only went one day though so I didn't camp or anything. Is there hotels near by? Cause, camping is not my thing.
    the venue is literally in the middle of the state. There are very few shitty motels in an hour radius.

  23. #23
    old school superfiction's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Woodinville, WA
    Posts
    5,698

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    camping rules. thats half the fun of it seriously
    http://blogs.1077theend.com/internbryce/

    Quote Originally Posted by OnlyNonStranger View Post
    I bet all those Canucks fans from last year would love it if Mumford & Sons headlined.
    Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post
    It is good rioting music.

  24. #24
    old school orbit's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    4,989

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    When does Sasquatch usually announce the lineup?

  25. #25
    Coachella Junkie luckyface's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    7,945

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Damn, 65daysofstatic is confirmed for Sasquatch as well. It is an obvious choice since they are opening for the Cure on their tour, but still. Awesome grab. I wish they would show up at Coachella one of these years.
    For your health

  26. #26

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by orbit View Post
    When does Sasquatch usually announce the lineup?
    Mid to late February.

  27. #27
    Member ttboy80's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Portland
    Posts
    272

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Update:
    (my girlfriend wrote the first post)

    Radiohead is not playing Sasquatch.

    Oddly enough they did get larger headliners (which are not playing at coachella) and some larger subheadliners (which are not playing at coachella) and some of the same subheadliners. Some cool smaller acts so far, but then again I do not know the full lineup. Full announcement will come out in a few weeks.

    That being said, these sasquatch bands are not really my cup of tea... and the ones that are I have seen multiple times.

    I think this cemented me in for Coachella.
    ________________________
    http://superawesomeguy.com

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie paulb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    North Woods, WI
    Posts
    18,837

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    you know the names of these bands playing? Ill be at Sasquatch if its a good lineup, i was blown away by 2 beastie gigs last year! The arcade fire, ghostland observatory....
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

  29. #29

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by seachanges View Post
    Who did you go see instead of Interpol? I can't remember how everything ended up playing out, but I know I saw their entire set. Or did you go back to your tent for warmer clothes like many others chose to?

    I like the crazy weather myself, it's something interesting to talk about when you get home, not just just "this band was good, that band was great" kind of thing.
    i plan on coming home from coachella more than just talking about bands. lol

  30. #30
    Member Astrid's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    831/805
    Posts
    1,582

    Default Re: Sasquatch

    Quote Originally Posted by ttboy80 View Post
    Update:
    (my girlfriend wrote the first post)

    Radiohead is not playing Sasquatch.

    Oddly enough they did get larger headliners (which are not playing at coachella) and some larger subheadliners (which are not playing at coachella) and some of the same subheadliners. Some cool smaller acts so far, but then again I do not know the full lineup. Full announcement will come out in a few weeks.

    That being said, these sasquatch bands are not really my cup of tea... and the ones that are I have seen multiple times.

    I think this cemented me in for Coachella.
    how do you know this?

Similar Threads

  1. Sasquatch
    By deadguy in forum Rumors/Gossip/Wish List
    Replies: 11
    Last Post: 02-03-2008, 08:26 PM
  2. Sasquatch!
    By codytwo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 63
    Last Post: 06-12-2007, 10:40 AM
  3. Sasquatch pics
    By landa321 in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 14
    Last Post: 06-06-2007, 09:38 PM
  4. Sasquatch Festival
    By codytwo in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 40
    Last Post: 03-28-2007, 08:27 AM
  5. Sasquatch
    By RockStr4Life in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 03-04-2007, 04:29 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •