Thread: First Year Going To Coachella....Bands I Should not miss all 3 days.

Default First Year Going To Coachella....Bands I Should not miss all 3 days.

I had tickets last yr since im a huge rage and rhcp fan, but had to sell them a few days before cause of personal issues. BUt this year i turn 21 4 days before coachella and i wanna know who to see so that my birthday experince is the best it can be

Default Re: First Year Going To Coachella....Bands I Should not miss all 3 days.

Madness
    Kraftwerk

Both rarely play the States so do.not.miss.either.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Default Re: First Year Going To Coachella....Bands I Should not miss all 3 days.

if you would like a fun mix of dance and hardcore DEFFF check out ENTER SHIKARI on saturday!

their soo0o0o much fun!
    IF GOD TAKES LIFE, THEN HES AN INDIAN GIVER!

obviously, unless you hate electro, try to see justice (although theyll probably be up against roger waters and gogol bordello, both of whom are awesome live too)

as far as smaller acts go, man man and holy fuck are both awesome. check em out.

man man, madness, fatboy slim, kraftwerk, portishead, roger waters, hot chip, mia, animal collective, slightly stoopid, justice, the streets....lots and lots.

Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - HIGHLY recommended! They play quite a lot round where i live (east end of London) and they put on a fucking crazy arse show with some great songs

Try 'Thou Shalt Always Kill' or 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped' from their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lesacvspip
    Knocking you out like Rocky Balboa
    Drown you in a flood deeper than Noah...

Memorial_07

turbonegro.

sing along to "all my friends are dead"
    trust me.

you'll have loads of fun

Datarock and Cafe Tacuba

Kraftwerk
    Roger Waters
    Death Cab
    The National
    Portishead
    Battles
    Spiritualized
    Sons and Daughters

If you liked Rage and RHCP (and if you also like Tool) you'd probably like these bands:

Roger Waters
    Flogging Molly
    Dredg
    Enter Shakari
    Rogue Wave
    Slightly Stoopid
    The Breeders

but i'm gonna tell you (and everyone else) to go see:
    Jack Johnson
    Death Cab For Cutie
    My Morning Jacket

hehe
    Last edited by nbvwes; 01-22-2008 at 07:48 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Kateski View Post
    Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip - HIGHLY recommended! They play quite a lot round where i live (east end of London) and they put on a fucking crazy arse show with some great songs

Try 'Thou Shalt Always Kill' or 'The Beat That My Heart Skipped' from their MySpace: http://www.myspace.com/lesacvspip
    Hey there

Les Savy Fav are an excellent live act too.
    Bonde do Role are pretty awesome if you like brazilian punk hip hop.
    Battles are quite impressive. So are Holy F*ck.
    Turbonegro is great fun, as well as Gogol Bordello.
    Spiritualized is fantastic in a very Pink Floydesque way.

don't you dare miss Animal Collective

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Madness
    Kraftwerk

Both rarely play the States so do.not.miss.either.
    This mean speaks the truth. If you plan on missing Madness or Kraftwerk, you might awell not even attend Coachella.
    I will also add Portishead to the list. They don't have any US dates scheduled in the future. This may very well be your only chance.

Quote Originally Posted by JoshTheBoyd View Post
    obviously, unless you hate electro, try to see justice (although theyll probably be up against roger waters and gogol bordello, both of whom are awesome live too)

as far as smaller acts go, man man and holy fuck are both awesome. check em out.
    Gogol Bordello will not be up against Roger Waters. They were against Bjork last year and A LOT of people were upset they had to miss Gogol for Bjork, especially after hearing how amazing they were. Im guessing Gogol will have an late afternoon/early evening set at the Outdoor Theatre.
    With that being said, Justice playing against Roger Waters would make a lot of sense.

In summary do NOT miss Gogol Bordello.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Talking Re: First Year Going To Coachella....Bands I Should not miss all 3 days.

Do NOT miss:
    TurboNegro
    Gogol Bordello
    The Horrors
    The Verve
    All four put on spectacular performances, especially Turbonegro, The Horrors, and Gogol Bordello

Other bands not to miss:
    Madness
    Portishead
    Kraftwerk
    Love & Rockets
    Spiritulized
    Roger Waters
    The Bees
    VHS or Beta
    Black Mountain
    AutoLux
    Sandra Collins
    Justice
    Junkie XL
    Hot Chip

I am sure there are many others I could add to this list in the months leading up to Coachella, but it's gonna be hard enough to see everything that you want to with the scheduling so just have fun!

dont miss Flogging Molly
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

If you stay in the Sahara all day Sat you should be fine!
    Years Attended:

whiney pain in butt

it is really impossible to 'go see' all the bands. once you get there, let the festival take you around and soon enough, it will be day three and all those experiences will just fly by. hence everyone getting uber excited about the next year and the next year... etc.

cuz i find if you have too strict of schedule you are just losing out on the rest of what the festival has to offer

gogol bordello and kraftwerk and boyz noize
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

actually dude I don't know because I hate rhcp and rage :/

maybe scars over broadway but I dunno
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

C DUB YA's 5 do not miss acts - (other Coachella vets can back me on these...)

GOGOL BORDELLO
    KRAFTWERK
    JUSTICE
    PORTISHEAD
    BATTLES

and if you have conflicts: MAN MAN or SPANK ROCK
    The Glitter Freeze

Coachella 99-10 Vet, the run has ended in 2011

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    .......... cuz i find if you have too strict of schedule you are just losing out on the rest of what the festival has to offer
    Yes & no. I had a pretty tight schedule last year for myself and enjoyed every minute of it. I was solo though and didn't have to consider anyone else.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

Hot Chip was awesome last year. I figure this year they will play later than last year which will be nice cuz it must have been 120 degrees in that tent.
    "Screw the boys, I wanna stay here with my new family and their feel good candy..."

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    Yes & no. I had a pretty tight schedule last year for myself and enjoyed every minute of it. I was solo though and didn't have to consider anyone else.
    That was my experience as well.

Check out...

Flogging Molly
    M.I.A
    Dan Le Sac vs Scroobius Pip
    The Streets
    Gogol Bordello

Seriously.. Don't miss these if it's at all possible!

Quote Originally Posted by clarky123 View Post
    Fuck your formal education up for music and stop being a coward.
    Quote Originally Posted by braundiggity View Post
    I dunno. Lots of the arguments seem hypocritical to me. Can't we leave it simply as: I loved the shit out of it, some hated the shit out of it, and that's just how some shows go?
    http://www.flickr.com/photos/musicislife/

Karma Police are coming for you

DREDG..........BE THERE OR BE SQUARE!

Coachella Junkie malcolmjamalawesome's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by sandeigocoach View Post
    I had tickets last yr since im a huge rage and rhcp fan, but had to sell them a few days before cause of personal issues. BUt this year i turn 21 4 days before coachella and i wanna know who to see so that my birthday experince is the best it can be
    Whoa whoa whoa whoa ... first off I want to know what your personal issues were. THEN I'll tell you who to go see.
    Quote Originally Posted by ruetheday View Post
    I don't fucking care. I don't even know who the hell Dave Wang is.
    Quote Originally Posted by Devin the Dude View Post
    you used to be that guy that just Dave Wang's everybody. that guy. he's gone now, and whoever you really are showed up, and that was utter disappointment.

Quote Originally Posted by Lorelei View Post
    Hey there

Les Savy Fav are an excellent live act too.
    Bonde do Role are pretty awesome if you like brazilian punk hip hop.
    Battles are quite impressive. So are Holy F*ck.
    Turbonegro is great fun, as well as Gogol Bordello.
    Spiritualized is fantastic in a very Pink Floydesque way.
    Well fancy seeing you here!

I agree bout Bonde Do Role too
    Knocking you out like Rocky Balboa
    Drown you in a flood deeper than Noah...

hehe, i love how everyone ignores the point of this thread... he says he likes Rage & RHCP and asks who we would recommend and he gets 30 posts about electro & trip-hop artists... lol

first time see father naked

DO NOT MISS... Turbonegro... Madness... Love & Rockets... The Horrors... Gogol Bordello... Flogging Molly... Portishead... Roger Waters
    3 steps from the bar... 2 steps from the floor... one step from the grave... and I'm havin' one more!