Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Stop Whining

Default Stop Whining

Jack Johnson will be there... Oh no... Don't see him.

You're all overdramatic about this.

The line up is just fine this year.

Default Re: Stop Whining

I fully endorse this thread.

Ill be straight rollin at fatboy and wont hear a damn second of jacks wussy guitar...doesnt bother me

FUCK COACHELLA..NO PRESALE
    And a shitty line-up....

Whine on my nuts

I agree. Stop whining. There are a lot of bands I'm looking forward to seeing. (Not Jack Johnson though.)
    Upcoming shows:

Sci-Fi

FUCK GOLDENVOICE

FUCK COACHELLA..NO PRESALE
    And a shitty line-up....

Whine on my nuts

agree 110% coachella will pay for this!!!!
    C4

I can't wait until the whining ends, and we can get back to being excited about Coachella.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I can't wait until the whining ends, and we can get back to being excited about Coachella.
    SRSLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    IF GOD TAKES LIFE, THEN HES AN INDIAN GIVER!

Me 3!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.

I really hope fuckin Boonaroo gets an even shittier lineup.
    If thats possible.

Quote Originally Posted by carl0s808 View Post
    I really hope fuckin Boonaroo gets an even shittier lineup.
    If thats possible.
    No, it's Not.

so there's some bands you know/ like on the lineup...but are you really super excited to go all that way to see 5 bands? that's like going to disneyland for a day and all the good rides are shut down.

Quote Originally Posted by manila View Post
    so there's some bands you know/ like on the lineup...but are you really super excited to go all that way to see 5 bands? that's like going to disneyland for a day and all the good rides are shut down.
    WORD.

THEN DON'T GO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Please get off Coachella's dick and move on. There are real fans of this event who want to discuss the lineup. Start your own festival and festival thread. Looks like there are plenty of complainers who are willing to go to your festival.

Your either with us or against us.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Lurker

No one exciting is playing at least not to pay a few hundred dollars to see.

Lurker

And I'm a fan of good music not just social events if I was a fan of social events I would go see Jack Johnson. Sorry not gonna happen. Remember when bands like Pavement played Coachella. It's all down hill from here.

Memorial_07

I am still upset about JJ, but in a short time everyone will be saying "ONLY ___ DAYS UNTIL COACHELL!!!!!!"

Then it will be happily ever after

Quote Originally Posted by ksmitty View Post
    And I'm a fan of good music not just social events if I was a fan of social events I would go see Jack Johnson. Sorry not gonna happen. Remember when bands like Pavement played Coachella. It's all down hill from here.

Well, Stephen Malkmus is there, this year. His new band rocks, and some of the songs are as strong or stronger than his Pavement days, IMO.

The last time I checked nobody was forcing anyone at gun point to go to Coachella. If you don't like the line up then don't go...it's that easy.

And if you booked air fare, hotel, etc. before you knew the line up then it's your own fault for not waiting.

And you can still cancel the hotel and get credit from the airline and go to a festival you like better.

This is what's rumored/confirmed for Bonnaroo so far..

My Morning Jacket, B.B. King, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Pat Green, Willie Nelson...

So if you like that better than Coachella you should go!

The murder capital where we murder for capital

This is bullshit! I have been going to coachella since 1984 and this is simply NOT right. Just look at the history of headliners and then top that with the ticket prices going UP this year and they expect people to be OK with this.

NO WAY. Just say NO to Coachella!!!

This is all Psychic Friends fault as she confirmed Radiohead wasn't going to be on that poster months ago, which only RAISED speculation that they WOULD be there. Obviously, PF, Tollett, Golenvoice, Jesus, Mary and JOSEPH don't care about US the FANS!!!

NO PRESALE EITHER! BOOOO! <throws popcorn> BOO
    I am so outraged. It's pretty official that Coachella has jumped the shark!

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    The last time I checked nobody was forcing anyone at gun point to go to Coachella. If you don't like the line up then don't go...it's that easy.

And if you booked air fare, hotel, etc. before you knew the line up then it's your own fault for not waiting.

And you can still cancel the hotel and get credit from the airline and go to a festival you like better.

This is what's rumored/confirmed for Bonnaroo so far..

My Morning Jacket, B.B. King, Robert Plant & Alison Krauss, Pat Green, Willie Nelson...

So if you like that better than Coachella you should go!
    did you even attend coachella last year?...

ashlyyy

Lurker

Quote Originally Posted by fatbastard View Post
    THEN DON'T GO YOU MOTHERFUCKERS!!!

Please get off Coachella's dick and move on. There are real fans of this event who want to discuss the lineup. Start your own festival and festival thread. Looks like there are plenty of complainers who are willing to go to your festival.

Your either with us or against us.
    Hmmm...let's see...

As this is not a free festival, I'm guessin' feedback is necessary to let the organizers know what we like, & don't like, to ensure they come up with a product that will still attract folks.

Sure, there're bands/DJs that I like on the roster that I'd like to see, but, being realistic, this year's list does not look as good as past year's rosters. As I look back at previous years, it's would take seconds for me to say, "I'm going!" For this year, I'm still debating it with my pals...

It's interesting. Coachella has scored a serious amount of talent during the daytime and afternoon portions of the festival. The stuff that I see that is either

a)tired - Fat Boy Slim and the like
    b)doesn't belong in it's slot - Portishead headlining
    c) doesn't belong at all - Jack Johnson

are fairly few in number. I think this will be a year where people really enjoy the up and coming bands and find that they will follow them for years to come and that people will also go see the headliners and like them but it won't be that monumental, life changing experience. That is a bummer but it isn't the end of the world. You get a great deal on bands per $$, enjoy the open air fields all day and get to seriously groove out when you hear something you have never heard before.

That's what it was like for me when I saw Janes in 2001. It also turned me on to a bunch of other bands. Been every year since except for one. Will still go this year, just not for all three days. But that's cool because everyone who DOES go will have a good time.

Please don't fail me for the corny post.
    brijohn

I've gone to Coachella every year since the start!

I've loved every year even if I wasn't always thrilled about the headliners...

It's more about the unknown bands and the other stages than the headliners to me...

It's the whole experience...

I just think the complaining is over the top.

We get it, you're mad..oh well..that's life..

Quote Originally Posted by faxman75 View Post
    This is bullshit! I have been going to coachella since 1984 and this is simply NOT right.
    Were you riding the ponies?

whiney pain in butt

that's great that you are still excited about the line-up good for you.

you know the rest of us though, (not the retards who just hate jack johnson). but real music lovers, who actually go to alot of concerts every year and know what's going on.. yeah i'm one of those people.

coachella's line-up is not only LAZY it is a slap in the face of its supporters and fans over the years. all they did was bunch together all the bands of the last few years and slap a band-aid for 2008 to call it good.

uh, justice played last year. hot chip played last year.

and not only that it's the principle of the festival. and AGAIN more than half the line up are repeats from the past 4-5 festivals.. case in point - MIA, Animal Collective, Kraftwerk, Sasha and Digweed, Minus the Bear, Jack Johnson has played a couple of times already.. just look at their line-up for the past few years..

I know because I've been going for years now. Plus all these acts aren't doing anything new this year. most have released their albums last year.

sorry if we 'whine' about not having the best line-up possible.. we would just like what they do best, like daft punk or the audacity to have madonna to play. at least they were trying.

that's all i'm trying to say, i'm just disappointed that this line-up is the worst and laziest they've ever put out. and as a big fan of the festival it hurts to see it.

that's all.

It's slowly settling in that the lineup is actually good, despite well you know. There are so many good smaller bands playing that I would love to see. I'm pretty sure I'll be there all 3 days.

The murder capital where we murder for capital

TEAR DOWN THE WALL TEAR DOWN THE WALL TEAR DOWN THE WALL

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post

coachella's line-up is not only LAZY it is a slap in the face of its supporters and fans over the years. all they did was bunch together all the bands of the last few years and slap a band-aid for 2008 to call it good.

uh, justice played last year. hot chip played last year.

and not only that it's the principle of the festival. and AGAIN more than half the line up are repeats from the past 4-5 festivals.. case in point - MIA, Animal Collective, Kraftwerk, Sasha and Digweed, Minus the Bear, Jack Johnson has played a couple of times already.. just look at their line-up for the past few years..
    I think this is one of the great things about it. I'm getting a chance to see bands that I wasn't able to see last year or would really like to see again.

Every year I leave Coachella with a little empty feeling tucked way deep down in the corner of my gut, because there are always great acts that I missed or wasn't able to catch their whole set. Now I've got a chance to fill that void.