Thread: Umm, Did you seriously say why Drugs?

Default Umm, Did you seriously say why Drugs?

Drugs and music festival go hand-in-hand. I think it's insane for them to be really strict about weed. C'mon it's just weed, but maybe I'm biased because I'm Canadian... and from the West Coast. If you don't want to do it then that's cool, but throwing someone out for it is ridiculous. Is there a drug scene there? besides just weed...

Default Re: Umm, Did you seriously say why Drugs?

coachella has to abide by california law.

vinylmartyr

Its California drugs are everywhere.

I can see this guy saying to a cop as he's getting arrested..."C'mon it's just weed!"

Drugs... I'm sober! YAY!

Quote Originally Posted by Mystagogue View Post
    I can see this guy saying to a cop as he's getting arrested..."C'mon it's just weed!"
    i agree

vinylmartyr

In my experiences with cops in California I have found that weed is a very low priority. You probably will just get a tix. When I have been caught with it they just take it and let me go.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    In my experiences with cops in California I have found that weed is a very low priority. You probably will just get a tix. When I have been caught with it they just take it and let me go.
    I've seen that happen a few times. I have a very close friend who is a police officer, and he normally will just make people dump out their stash into the street or something like that and send them on their way.

On the other hand...last year, here in San Francisco the board of supervisors passed a resolution "deprioritizing" marijuana crimes and basically said straight up that they wouldn't prosecute unless the crime involved driving under the influence or some other type of public safety issue.

vinylmartyr

If they catch you with it in multipule bags of weed. Or lets say you have a bunch of empty baggies and a pocket full of money they could try to charge you with sales.

My dad says if he catches people with pot, he just makes them chuck it. The ticket's not worth the cop's trouble.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Well, here, you only get charged with possession if you have over 15grams, and that's a hell of a lot of weed to just be carrying around. Mine would be merely for personal use. I want to bring other drugs for myself, but may be too risky.

Quote Originally Posted by vinylmartyr View Post
    If they catch you with it in multipule bags of weed. Or lets say you have a bunch of empty baggies and a pocket full of money they could try to charge you with sales.
    Even that type of thing is rarely prosecuted in San Francisco. There are neighborhoods with dealers openly selling on corners. Basically, anything I want is 10 minutes away with little to no risk.

I don't smoke weed and don't buy from people on the street...I'm just saying.

vinylmartyr

I would not be doing drugs if you have outstanding warrants. Thats a sure way to go to jail.

I watch the show cops and all I can say is your cops are a lot different to our australian cops. When they pull some guy over they seem to ask what they do, where they live, where they are going, how their kids are, what their favourite band is...etc etc. If i got pulled over by a cop and he started asking me that kind of shit i'd tell him to either give me a ticket or shut the fuck up and let me go.

Maybe it's just for the cameras, but it seems that your cops are a lot more intent on finding out everything and not just prosecuting the obvious crime that has been committed (eg tail-light out, speeding)
    Do you....party?

to the guy who started this, i agree completely with you. Im from the vancouver area, and weed just isnt important here. ive actually had a cop pull a gram of bud from my pocket, look at it, and say "well lets just put that back in there, shall we", and put it back in my pocket. chronic is harmless, i plan on getting baked out of my mind in less than 3 weeks now in indio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

SCANDAL3X

there's a huge drug scene on the west coast. but security isn't too fond of that old "kids will be kids" rule.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by SCANDAL3X View Post
    there's a huge drug scene on the west coast. but security isn't too fond of that old "kids will be kids" rule.
    The man is always out to fuck up a good time.

You have to remember that the concert is in Indio, not LA or SF... Cops are going to be way more strict in a place like Indio because there's really not that much real crime going on so they end up arresting people for really petty stuff. Besides I'm sure all the cops at the festival have orders to arrest anyone they see smoking... It sucks, but that the way it is..

Quote Originally Posted by captain hi top View Post
    to the guy who started this, i agree completely with you. Im from the vancouver area, and weed just isnt important here. ive actually had a cop pull a gram of bud from my pocket, look at it, and say "well lets just put that back in there, shall we", and put it back in my pocket. chronic is harmless, i plan on getting baked out of my mind in less than 3 weeks now in indio!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
    I had something similar like that happen to me too. It's a shame most cops dont take morals over law.
    Jebus loves me

If you get caught smoking weed at Coachella, you lose at life.

Shhhhhhhhhhhhhhhh!! You're gonna blow it for everyone.

BEWARE OF THE UNDERCOVERS! They are lurking all around Coachella, mostly in the Sahara tent. Don't be stupid and puff in an open area. I've had a few close calls.
    attended '01,'02,'04,'05,'06,'07,'08,'09,10

Lurker

They will most likely just take it from you and let you go. I remember when people would get caught inside of coachella...and they just take it.