Page 6 of 22 FirstFirst ... 234567891011 ... LastLast

Thread: Fuck You Jack Johnson

Default Re: Fuck You Jack Johnson

Guys don't hate on Jack Johnson. I'M WITH YA, I HATE THAT HE'S HEADLINING FRIDAY NIGHT, BUT DON'T HATE ON HIM. If you don't like him, don't go and see him. There will be a good act opposite of him.

I'm not the biggest fan of his music, but as a guy, who wouldn't wanna be him? Good looks, you play music that women drool over, you make millions, women probably drool over him regardless, and HE DIDN'T SEEK OUT COACHELLA. Coachella asked him, came to his doorstep with a dumptruck full of $$$, and said "ok, I'll play". So it's tough to blame the guy for bein there.

I'm with most of y'all, I hate that he's headlining a night. I don't mind him bein there, because James Blunt was there in '06. But as a headliner I hate it. But you know what I'm gonna do? Not see his set. So don't hate on him, just don't see him if you don't like him.

Quote Originally Posted by friggz81 View Post
    How in the world can you compare a great live band like the Arcade Fire to Jack fucking Johnson? You're an idiot, and Interpol still sucks. Why do people like them?!?
    Read my post again. That's not what I said at all. I said that Jack Johnson wasn't even as good as last year's subheadliners like The Arcade Fire and Willie Nelson. I said that maybe he's as good as Interpol. I'm not really a fan of Interpol's one-note riffs and flat, monotone vocals. They have a few good songs, but their music is incredibly simplistic. At least Jack Johnson has some good chord progressions in his songs.

Quote Originally Posted by nationocean View Post
    gee last i was thinking to myself RHCP or LCD Soundsystem... Do i even need to think? I'd rather rip my ears off than listen to RHCP in concert or on the radio etc.. Just an awful band.
    I like them live because I like great musicians, and John Frusciante and Flea are two of the best musicians in the world.

i was supporting the hate but now i feel bad for the guy. i dont even think he knows what he may be getting into. lol

Quote Originally Posted by daftmonkey64 View Post
    jack johnson >>>>>>>>>> rhcp
    WTF???? Red Hot Chili Peppers completely destroy Jack Johnson!!!

You can't even compare them!

That's like comparing Alice in Chains to Jessica Simpson!

Quote Originally Posted by GauchoGuy17 View Post
    Read my post again. That's not what I said at all. I said that Jack Johnson wasn't even as good as last year's subheadliners like The Arcade Fire and Willie Nelson. I said that maybe he's as good as Interpol. I'm not really a fan of Interpol's one-note riffs and flat, monotone vocals. They have a few good songs, but their music is incredibly simplistic. At least Jack Johnson has some good chord progressions in his songs.

I like them live because I like great musicians, and John Frusciante and Flea are two of the best musicians in the world.
    Completely agree

and why the fuck is Madness not headlining instead??

Are you serious?
    Yes. Very.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Just sig me. It's generally the best path.

Are you serious?
    Quote Originally Posted by CoachellaFriendly View Post
    When the time slots come out....Jack White and his rac's will close over Jack Johnson. If i'm not mistaken, RHCP didn't actually close the main stage last year...Tiesto did Marketing ploy my friends....marketing ploy
    True That. And it's a good thing Tiesto was able to save the night!
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Just sig me. It's generally the best path.

Lurker

I came over to Coachella last year from England and was really looking forward to coming back this year but NO......... I now feel that Jack Johnson has taken my mum's best wooden spoon and removed my eyes from their sockets.
    maybe if he had been place on the main stage mid afternoon on a sunday i MIGHT be able to understand that but as a headliner?
    I know alot of people over here who were up for going but now have laughed at how weak the lineup is.

I'm heading for Bonnaroo...... whos coming?

Uh, there are other bands at Coachella too.
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

maybe he will play 'Mud Football' and tear the crowd up..

note: complete waste of a kick ass stage in sydney....
    2001, 2004, 2007, 2009

2013 EDM wishlish (please):

classixx, stanton warriors, logistics, jefr tale
    spencer & hill, bent, eric prydz, mike realm, nick thayer
    kruder & dorfmeister, young punx, phonat, treasure fingers
    Kraak & Smaak, sergio & benoit, kris menace, bassjackers, DJ Craze
    DIGITALISM, knifeparty, chemical brothers, bassbintwins, seth troxler

Quote Originally Posted by ProEdge View Post
    It was definitely a bad choice for GV to select him as the headliner. I could see him playing Coachella. No doubt about that. But headlining?? Hmmm...not so sure Coachella will do so well selling tickets this year as last. I think the sad thing is that the whole selling to Mexico fans this year was probably better suited last year as I know many Mexican fans would have loved to see Rage.

What their sellin to people in Mexico? This bands are so not worth anyones peso....You are so right on the Rage thing!!.....
    Oh and yeah the hell with Jack J. I would go just to see everyone throw their shoes and tomatoes at him jajaja that would be a total riot!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by electronicrevolution View Post
    I understand your point, rage is not the best comparison. However upon further review, I believe the only I act I feel comfortable comparing Jack Johnson to would probably be this hippie I saw outside of the gates with his acoustic guitar attempting to play something that sounded like an indie version of "big girls don't cry." As for what a spiked shovel is, picture a SHOVEL with SPIKES on it. If you're still confused I'll bring one to show you.
    Dude you are so funny! This thread is making me laugh so hard!

Didnt know hate could bring so many people together in harmony hehe.
    Poor JJ he should call in sick!!

I'm going to where Jack Johnson casuals all day (they look comfy) and when JJ hits the stage, i'm walking over to the sahara and watching Fatboy Slim.

Last edited by darthlaker; 01-23-2008 at 07:04 PM.
    [B]Darthlaker

jack johnson is going to be so awesome

he's the best ever

who are madness
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

First of all, just because Jack is advertised at the top of the poster art doesn't

really mean that he is in a true headlining spot, that choice is of Golden Voice.

Secondly, for all you mother-fuckers that diss Jack on the message board.....

You are all serious fucking cowards!!! Chances are mostly all of you don't

even know Jack or have ever met him, so shut your fucking mouths!!!

The dude may not be your favorite band and or musician, but he was given a

nice spot at the top because he deserves it! He's got a lot of fans all over the

world, unfortunately you are not one of them...... So, in closing all I want

to say to you assholes that don't respect Jack, FUCK YOU!!!!

If you got a fucking problem with me, then fucking post it, your name,

and where you want to meet on the polo field so I can kick your ass!!!!

All good, Los Arroyo's

Quote Originally Posted by electronicrevolution View Post
    I understand your point, rage is not the best comparison. However upon further review, I believe the only I act I feel comfortable comparing Jack Johnson to would probably be this hippie I saw outside of the gates with his acoustic guitar attempting to play something that sounded like an indie version of "big girls don't cry." As for what a spiked shovel is, picture a SHOVEL with SPIKES on it. If you're still confused I'll bring one to show you.

That Hippie is now known as...*insert drum roll*........ JacK Jhonson! hahahahahaha

a CV expat, now in the San Joaquin Valley

"Maybe if he brought a big pyramid prop on stage, stood there and played samples, the Coachella message board faithful would embrace him?"

for the person whom is trying to justify the use of stage props: i bet jack johnson is going to just take your money and run back to hawaii so he can
    spend it all on wax for his board. say what you will about Daft Punk's or any
    other electronic band's use of samples, though i am not the biggest fan of
    electronica to begin with (though there are exceptions), at least they spent
    their earnings on all of us. i can not think of any other artist/artists that was
    completely willing to sacrifice a check in order to please and give it's audience
    a show. say what you will about samples at least Daft is more creative and
    has more passion for their fan-base than jack johnson and his bare-ass feet...

oh and daft punk played in '06 right? here we are two years later and we are
    all still talking about it. come 1 am saturday morning no one will remember anything about jack johnson's set other than him sitting on the stage.

Is JJ still getting his ass kicked in here?

If you don't want to see it, don't look.

If you don't want to hear it, don't listen.

Pretty simple.

No need for such negative thinking... and why are these vibes even allowed to exist on such a place as Coachella's own message board. What a harmless thing to go and get ones panties in a bundle over.

Isn't this supposed to be about bring EVERYONE together; every genre of music, every race, every religion, to share in the sheer love of life through art and music. I have been made to believe that, in general, this is the whole reason musicians play music.

I thought that Coachella was still one of those rare parts of a truer world that I could run away to for a few days from the film on the wall, the participation, no matter how joyous, in the sorrows of life. Though entire lifetimes may be lived in such brief moments, the blink of an eye brings forth for me such genuine being, such unquestionable and beautiful truth, that I begin to cry to have been given such a second...

But I digress.

I will continue to participate joyfully in the sorrows of the world, as Joseph Campbell says, because it is the road to happiness... at least for me.
    I passed the Sean Penn Acid Test with flying colors!

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    I think the random improvised titilating debauchery is the best kind of titilating debauchery.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hopeless Semantic View Post
    Hugs and that love shit gets in the way of making people smile.

Quote Originally Posted by nbvwes View Post
    hehehe...

HAHAHAHAHAHA i wish i could sig this

man, when i found this out i had a vision of all the pot smoking soccer moms within a 350 mile radius driving their minivans to coachella

he has such a big jaw

it's impressive in its magnitude

Quote Originally Posted by MonsoonSeason View Post
    he has such a big jaw

It's from all the dick sucking.

Banned

i hope verve plays during jack johnson

that way real coachellers can enjoy good music

Quote Originally Posted by Dave Gravy View Post
    It's from all the dick sucking.
    that would explain it

Quote Originally Posted by MonsoonSeason View Post
    he has such a big jaw

i'm pretty sure he had a major surfing accident where his jaw was ripped off. that's why it's so huge. i'm not joking either.

i decided i have no problem with him or his music, even though i'm not into it so much. just the fact that they made him the headliner. is that the general consensus?

Wink Re: Fuck You Jack Johnson

Alright. It's come to this.

I hereby present to you:
    Jack Johnson Vs A Dorito

No, I really don't have anything better to do...
    Quote Originally Posted by Errant View Post
    I walked straight in with a mixed drink in a 20oz Dixie cup in one hand, and an unopened beer in the other. I fully intended to toss them in the box, but CSC was waving and hurrying me through.

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by malomakaio-- View Post
    i'm pretty sure he had a major surfing accident where his jaw was ripped off. that's why it's so huge. i'm not joking either.

i decided i have no problem with him or his music, even though i'm not into it so much. just the fact that they made him the headliner. is that the general consensus?
    That's pretty much what I got from reading page 6 of this thread. People exaggerate shit so much on this board. Last year you would've sworn the Chili Peppers were the fucking Backstreet Boys with the reception they were getting. If only they knew Jack Johnson was gonna headline this year, they would've been on Flea's cock. Honestly, like others have said, Jack Johnson headlining doesn't mean Coachella's ruined. In fact, I hope it doesn't sell because of Jack, so it won't be so goddamn crowded this year. This would mean better Coachella for the longtime Coachella audience.

We all know The Verve would be in big bold letters if they had been a little bit bigger in their heyday.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

Quote Originally Posted by Los Arroyo's View Post
    First of all, just because Jack is advertised at the top of the poster art doesn't

really mean that he is in a true headlining spot, that choice is of Golden Voice.

Secondly, for all you mother-fuckers that diss Jack on the message board.....

You are all serious fucking cowards!!! Chances are mostly all of you don't

even know Jack or have ever met him, so shut your fucking mouths!!!

The dude may not be your favorite band and or musician, but he was given a

nice spot at the top because he deserves it! He's got a lot of fans all over the

world, unfortunately you are not one of them...... So, in closing all I want

to say to you assholes that don't respect Jack, FUCK YOU!!!!

If you got a fucking problem with me, then fucking post it, your name,

and where you want to meet on the polo field so I can kick your ass!!!!

All good, Los Arroyo's
    hahhah yeah jack johnson fucking sucks!! he doesnt deserve to be a headliner!

You guys are all worthless sniveling indie bastards. Don't hate on Jack Johnson because he agreed to play a show; he's a musician, it's his job. I can't stand Jack Johnson, but I appreciate that fact that Goldenvoice changed direction. As much as I love NIN, Bauhaus, Radiohead, the Cure, etc, it is nice to see Coachella getting away from that goth-synth crap. While not a great choice for headliner, Coachella is about being different. If you don't like it, go watch somebody else, or do us all a favor and kill yourselves
    Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    I'm still waiting for Jack White to finally admit that he invented the guitar.