Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Coachella in England

Default Re: Coachella in England

Have you noticed that there's not many people in the picture?....thats because its only a wet tent and they're down in the Arena having a laugh!

...when life gives you lemons, chuck em at the promoter.

Quote Originally Posted by offyerhead View Post
    that photo is from a few years ago when a flash flood occurred after sudden, heavy rain. It affected a small part of the camping area and, if I remember correctly, didn't last long. Still, it would've ruined your weekend if it was your tent under water.
    Listen up my American friends. Glastonbury is like this every year without question. Every year many people drown in their tents and valuble crates of booze are washed away never to be seen again. As are cars.
    You never see anyone freely smoking bifters, selling hashcake or falling over pissed and class As are none existant. There's nobody in the healing fields cheering when the sun rises over the Vale of Avlon. In fact, it's impossible to have any fun of of any sort whatsoever! Plus, anyone caught making a noise on the camp site after 01:00 generally has the dogs set on them by the festival's secret police.
    Basically you'd be foolish to spend your cash on a ticket as you'll be guaranteed to have a shit time. Plus, if you decide not to come it may give me a cat in hells chance of getting hold of a ticket.

You're not wrong kid!

And there's never any naked birds mud wrestling openly around the arena either!!

Quote Originally Posted by JOE X View Post
    I'm a Brit.
    Coachella beats Glasto hands down. Coachella is hot and beautiful. Glasto is wet and miserable. Coachella is less than half the attendance to Glasto thus enabling everyone to get closer to the bands and there aren't any pissheads.
    Sure, but if they try to launch a Coachella in UK, they won't bring the sun, it'll be wet too...

I haven't been to Glastonbury and I'll never go there. ATP's rock.

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    They'd have to make it pretty special. There's already so many in the UK, and you can only have them in a certain time frame when there will be a chance of sun. So June - August is the norm.

But yeah, we already have a bunch of them. Reading/Leeds, V, Glastonbury, Oxygen, Isle Of Wight, T In The Park, Download, Creamfields, Party In The Park, Womad, Bestival, Latitude, Guilfest, Global Gathering, The Big Chill, HI:FI, Beautiful Days and Get Loaded.

Phew. I think that's all of them.
    you missed Truck 10 festival, end of the road and Glade! but well done for pointing out we have to many festivals!! some amazing, some pointless as they have the same line up as about a dozen other festivals.

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    They'd have to make it pretty special. There's already so many in the UK, and you can only have them in a certain time frame when there will be a chance of sun. So June - August is the norm.

But yeah, we already have a bunch of them. Reading/Leeds, V, Glastonbury, Oxygen, Isle Of Wight, T In The Park, Download, Creamfields, Party In The Park, Womad, Bestival, Latitude, Guilfest, Global Gathering, The Big Chill, HI:FI, Beautiful Days and Get Loaded.

Phew. I think that's all of them.
    you forgot rockness aka rockmess after the state of me last year!!!

Lurker

Coachella:

Glastonbury:
    "No wire hangers!"