Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 32

Thread: Are you all looking at the right line up?

  1. #1
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,478

    Default Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Seriously? What is with all the negativity this year?

    I was stoked about last years line up... it was Rage Against The Machine after all. But seriously, look past the headliners this year!!!

    Friday:
    Madness
    The Verve
    The Raconteurs
    The Breeders
    Fat Boy Slim
    Teegan and Sarah
    Animal Collective
    Slightly Stoopid
    Pendulum
    Sharron Jones & The Dap Kings
    Battles
    Midnight Juggernauts
    Busy P
    Modeselektor

    Saturday:
    Kraftwerk
    Cafe Tacuba
    Sasha & Digweed
    Cold War Kids
    Stephen Malkmus
    DeVotchKa
    Flogging Molly
    Scars on Broadway
    Islands
    Boys Noize
    VHS or Beta
    Erol Alkan

    Sunday:
    Gogol Bordello
    Justice
    Spiritualized
    Chromeo
    Metric
    Simian Mobile Disco
    Les Savy Fav
    Holy Fuck
    Man Man
    I'm From Barcelona

    And these are only the bands I've heard of and/or listen to!!!

    I cannot wait to discover more acts as well. Seriously. I know more artists on this line up then I did on the 2007 line up.

    I will admit I am disapointed in 2 things though.
    a) Ticket Prices. $270? Ouch.
    b) Jack Johnson really is a terrible choice for a headliner. But I will be in the tent with Fatboy Slim. As well, even though I love Portishead, they aren't the best headliner. They would be have been a SOLID sub-headliner. But hey. It's all good.

    Now. Look back at the line up. You will realize this is incredible.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  2. #2
    Member kingdumb's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Castaic , Ca
    Posts
    223

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    SRSLY! everyone is pretty much good cept the headliners! althought portishead is ok!

    but yeah iam down for 08!
    IF GOD TAKES LIFE, THEN HES AN INDIAN GIVER!

  3. #3

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    fo shizzle.

  4. #4
    DJ SallyBear sbessiso's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    SF
    Posts
    27,739

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    i really want to be positive you guys, but its just not enough to fly out of Miami for
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

  5. #5
    Member boyalien0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,917

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I will admit I am disapointed in 2 things though.
    a) Ticket Prices. $270? Ouch.
    b) Jack Johnson really is a terrible choice for a headliner. But I will be in the tent with Fatboy Slim. As well, even though I love Portishead, they aren't the best headliner. They would be have been a SOLID sub-headliner. But hey. It's all good..
    I'm stoked for this lineup but I'm also a little disappointed. I seriously feel like making this my sig, tho. Well said.

  6. #6
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    wisco
    Posts
    370

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    This will help you be positive...



  7. #7
    Member
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    647

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Holy shit, how could I have missed Madness and I'm From Barcelona?? Thanks for this. I think the color scheme of the new poster made my eyes wander in the wrong places.

  8. #8
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,478

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    I KNOW!

    Madness and Im From Barcelona are two of the most exciting acts on the entire line up. Both are incredibly rare acts to see in North America.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  9. #9
    Member boyalien0's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Bay Area
    Posts
    1,917

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    I didn't see Madness at first either. Then my eyes landed on it and I said out loud, "Holy Shit. Madness? Like, MADNESS Madness?" And my girlfriend looked over at me like I was crazy. So I played "One Step Beyond," and it melted her face off.

  10. #10

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    The only thing that dissapoints me this year are the ticket prices. Seriously, wtf mate.

  11. #11
    Member miseducation's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    395

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    i really want to be positive you guys, but its just not enough to fly out of Miami for
    Same situation here. I need something better to spend that grand on.

    The Sahara's tight this year but it needs something enormous. Add Underworld or the Chemical Brothers and we might be in business.

    Every year I say I won't go and every year I see the lineup and run screaming to California. This year, I can't even try to feel that way.

  12. #12
    Member pandaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    i really want to be positive you guys, but its just not enough to fly out of Miami for
    thats what im saying. to me, its better than the lineup in 06 ( i know it had Daft punk but overall it sucked)
    I recomend checking out
    Friday- Architecture in Helsinki, Battles, datarock, mum, fatboy slim, madness and animal collective
    Saturday- Portishead, Kraftwerk,M.I.A, Hotchip
    Sunday- Roger Waters, Holy Fuck, Autolux, MANMAN, Im from Barcelona, Justice, Spiritualized

    I fret w. minimal bands I want to see- if they conflict im screwed!
    i may skip friday and go on a hotair balloon ride

  13. #13
    Lurker desertpartylove's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    socal
    Posts
    5

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    you have the wrong lineup, smartguy.
    noli me tangere.

    04' 05' 06' 07' 08'

  14. #14
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,478

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    I didn't see Madness at first either. Then my eyes landed on it and I said out loud, "Holy Shit. Madness? Like, MADNESS Madness?" And my girlfriend looked over at me like I was crazy. So I played "One Step Beyond," and it melted her face off.
    HAHAHA! YES MAN!

    One Step Beyond is the song that made me a die hard Madness fan. My girlfriend LOVES them to. I told her and she flipped out.

    I am loving the vibe going on here!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  15. #15

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Seriously. All the people on here hoping for No Doubt should be thrilled about Madness.

  16. #16
    Rover canexplain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Aurora Colorado
    Posts
    15,030

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    HAHAHA! YES MAN!

    One Step Beyond is the song that made me a die hard Madness fan. My girlfriend LOVES them to. I told her and she flipped out.

    I am loving the vibe going on here!
    i will have to mull this over a bit, but i think i agree with you rage on the lineup as a whole .. canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

  17. #17
    Member pandaroo's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Long Beach, Ca
    Posts
    321

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    how are tickets more expensive? they are cheaper than last year. why is everyone complaining about tix prices?

  18. #18
    Milkshake suprefan's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Burbank CA
    Posts
    43,940

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    People are blind.

  19. #19
    Member MonsoonSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Achewood, CA
    Posts
    2,091

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Holy Fuck
    Man Man
    truer phrases have yet to be uttered
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

  20. #20
    Member g0k1ngsg0's Avatar
    Join Date
    May 2007
    Location
    Temecula, CA
    Posts
    573

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    here are my picks in no particular order

    Friday
    the Verve
    Raconteurs
    Breeders
    Fatboy Slim
    MADNESS
    Slightly Stoopid (only cuz of pnutzz on teh vegoose board, lol )
    Aesop Rock
    Arch in Helsinki
    Rogue Wave

    Saturday
    Portishead
    Kraftwerk
    Flogging Molly
    Calvin Harris
    Boyz Noise
    Junkie XL
    Cinematic Orchestra
    MGMT
    120 days
    Yoav

    Sunday
    Roger Waters
    Love and Rockets (please don't conflict with DSOTM)
    Gogol
    Simian Mobile Disco
    Murs
    Booka Shade
    I'm from Barcelona
    Manchester Orchestra
    Austin TV

    and this is without being familiar with most of the bands.
    I agree with most that the headliners are a little weak but the undercard is much better than past years.

  21. #21
    Member merznerve's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Miami, FL
    Posts
    282

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    i really want to be positive you guys, but its just not enough to fly out of Miami for
    i feel the same!

    with WMC coming up, and perhaps langerado. might want to skip out on this one.

    this will save me a ton of money actually.

  22. #22
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,478

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by MonsoonSeason View Post
    truer phrases have yet to be uttered
    Monsoon! I havent seen you on the board here since last Coachella. How have you been?
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  23. #23
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,478

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    i will have to mull this over a bit, but i think i agree with you rage on the lineup as a whole .. canx**
    I really hope Becky and I get to see you there Ron!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  24. #24
    old school whynotsmile99's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    LA, but I miss Ventura
    Posts
    5,304

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    HAHAHA! YES MAN!

    One Step Beyond is the song that made me a die hard Madness fan. My girlfriend LOVES them to. I told her and she flipped out.

    I am loving the vibe going on here!
    i cant find this on Itunes. I guess Our House and that song from the M&M commercials is the only songs I know of them
    Then I will hold you down and spit her percolations all over you until you're as greasy as the day she regrets pushing your big fat ass out her big fat cunt.

  25. #25
    Member MonsoonSeason's Avatar
    Join Date
    Apr 2007
    Location
    Achewood, CA
    Posts
    2,091

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Monsoon! I havent seen you on the board here since last Coachella. How have you been?
    Not bad! very busy. definitely making time for coachella though

    good to be back
    Quote Originally Posted by bartelby View Post
    drum circles are the dumbest fucking thing in the world

  26. #26
    foof roberto73's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Stately Wayne Manor
    Posts
    2,982

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    I admit to being disappointed at first, but then I went through and counted up the bands I wanted to see each day, without doing any additional research. The totals?

    Friday: 15
    Saturday: 13
    Sunday: 14

    Not too shabby. I was apparently blinded by the Jack Johnson Factor.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

  27. #27
    Coachella Junkie rage patton's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver BC
    Posts
    26,478

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by roberto73 View Post
    I admit to being disappointed at first, but then I went through and counted up the bands I wanted to see each day, without doing any additional research. The totals?

    Friday: 15
    Saturday: 13
    Sunday: 14

    Not too shabby. I was apparently blinded by the Jack Johnson Factor.
    You are in the same boat as me then. I just realized, without researching, I know more bands this year, then I knew at Coachella 2007 AFTER researching.
    People seriously need to look past the headliners.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

  28. #28

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by boyalien0 View Post
    I didn't see Madness at first either. Then my eyes landed on it and I said out loud, "Holy Shit. Madness? Like, MADNESS Madness?" And my girlfriend looked over at me like I was crazy. So I played "One Step Beyond," and it melted her face off.
    AHAHAHAH Awesome.

  29. #29
    old school instinct's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    anaheim
    Posts
    2,735

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Madness is cool.. but I saw them at a KROQ festival (my first and last) like 2 years ago..

    OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

    Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff



  30. #30
    old school crazzz2007's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Posts
    5,826

    Default Re: Are you all looking at the right line up?

    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Seriously? What is with all the negativity this year?

    I was stoked about last years line up... it was Rage Against The Machine after all. But seriously, look past the headliners this year!!!

    Friday:
    Madness
    The Verve
    The Raconteurs
    The Breeders
    Fat Boy Slim
    Teegan and Sarah
    Animal Collective
    Slightly Stoopid
    Pendulum
    Sharron Jones & The Dap Kings
    Battles
    Midnight Juggernauts
    Busy P
    Modeselektor

    Saturday:
    Kraftwerk
    Cafe Tacuba
    Sasha & Digweed
    Cold War Kids
    Stephen Malkmus
    DeVotchKa
    Flogging Molly
    Scars on Broadway
    Islands
    Boys Noize
    VHS or Beta
    Erol Alkan

    Sunday:
    Gogol Bordello
    Justice
    Spiritualized
    Chromeo
    Metric
    Simian Mobile Disco
    Les Savy Fav
    Holy Fuck
    Man Man
    I'm From Barcelona

    And these are only the bands I've heard of and/or listen to!!!

    I cannot wait to discover more acts as well. Seriously. I know more artists on this line up then I did on the 2007 line up.

    I will admit I am disapointed in 2 things though.
    a) Ticket Prices. $270? Ouch.
    b) Jack Johnson really is a terrible choice for a headliner. But I will be in the tent with Fatboy Slim. As well, even though I love Portishead, they aren't the best headliner. They would be have been a SOLID sub-headliner. But hey. It's all good.

    Now. Look back at the line up. You will realize this is incredible.
    i agree with most of this.

    2 minor disagreement:

    jack johnson is more than a terrible headliner. it is a major, embarrassing fuck up. it almost seems like coachella couldn't find a headliner. it seems like an act of desperation.

    portishead is a fantastic headliner. i can't think of a better headliner for this year other than radiohead.

Similar Threads

  1. I got the Line up!!
    By vinylmartyr in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 3
    Last Post: 01-21-2008, 03:46 PM
  2. Sasquatch Line up
    By TeamCoachellaHellYeah in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 23
    Last Post: 02-21-2007, 04:02 PM
  3. new line-up!!!
    By kimery08 in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 39
    Last Post: 02-11-2007, 07:17 AM
  4. Line Up Changes
    By DeadSkin in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 18
    Last Post: 02-02-2007, 08:04 AM
  5. Line Up?
    By tekonako in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 21
    Last Post: 01-21-2007, 10:01 AM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •