View Poll Results: WHO'S THE BETTER HEADLINER??

Voters
355. You may not vote on this poll
  • JACK JOHNSON

12 3.38%
  • PORTISHEAD

184 51.83%
  • ROGER WATERS

181 50.99%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: THE OFFICIAL JACK JOHNSON vs. PORTISHEAD vs. ROGER WATERS THREAD

Default Re: THE OFFICIAL JACK JOHNSON vs. PORTISHEAD vs. ROGER WATERS THREAD

I think Roger Waters playing DSOTM is a great Sunday headliner. Portishead is a good headliner or excellent subheadliner. Jack Johnson is a sucky headliner.

It's nice to see the headliners this year are not repeats. I was disappointed last year with the headliner had all played before.
    Upcoming shows:

unforunatly Roger Waters...
    Upcoming Shows:
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Lurker

Closest thing to seeing Pink Floyd again in my lifetime.
    -We Comin' From Canada-
    http://myspace.com/coreywebers

i havent seen portishead.. but i love them...
    but ill go with roger waters cause his show really kicks ass.. the huge screen, flying pigs, etc. and damn its DARK SIDE OF THE MOON...

Cool Re: THE OFFICIAL JACK JOHNSON vs. PORTISHEAD vs. ROGER WATERS THREAD

Roger Waters all the way. Even though Im more a David Gilmour fan. Anything Pink Floyd makes this year be my favorite ever. jack johnson?!?!?! what a douche bag.

Does anyone think that there might be a 1% chance of Gilmour being there with Waters? Im praying for that sh1t. haha.

David Gilmour is ever so much better than Roger Waters. I have been waiting to see Portishead for a decade and will continue to do so until their album's tour. Jack Johnson is amazing, he gets the whole crowd involved, but i agree that there should be someone else on the main stage.
    11/28 Dixon @ TBA
    12/16 HAERTS @ the Rickshaw Stop (?)
    02/07 London Grammar @ the Fox Theatre
    03/02 Caribou @ The Fillmore (?)

All 3 suck.

Don't get me wrong.

I like Portishead.
    but they're not headline material.

and Roger Waters and Jack Johnson?
    are you serious?

Give me Ben Harper and the innocent Criminals and I'm there. haha
    Coachella 2007, 2008, 2009 . . . 2010!

I am personaly going to be punching Jack Johnson fans in the face @ the first day!!! You Roger Waters fans are safe......I could care less about the senior citizens and their so called classic music.

Does anyone think that David Gilmour wouldda been better than Waters with Pink Floyd stuff?

I do. But thats me.

Its sorta a lost cause in trying to back up anything PF, because people will still talk crap. But really, jack johnson. Thats the lamest headliner ever. No one should ever put Waters with Johnson in this. Waters is legendary, if any one knows music. C'mon, part of one of the best bands ever debut in 1967 with the Hendrix and The Doors is gonna be there. How can anyone think it goes with jack johnson. You are on crack if you think so. I think its a perfect close out of Coachella 08'.

Portishead MIGHT be worthy of a headline spot if they actually had a new album out to promote but they don't. Probably wont be out 'til the end of the year.

If the late surprise was David Gilmour you would be able to sell your tickets and buy that house you always wanted!

Quote Originally Posted by d1eSELxxxx View Post
    Does anyone think that David Gilmour wouldda been better than Waters with Pink Floyd stuff?

I do. But thats me.

Its sorta a lost cause in trying to back up anything PF, because people will still talk crap. But really, jack johnson. Thats the lamest headliner ever. No one should ever put Waters with Johnson in this. Waters is legendary, if any one knows music. C'mon, part of one of the best bands ever debut in 1967 with the Hendrix and The Doors is gonna be there. How can anyone think it goes with jack johnson. You are on crack if you think so. I think its a perfect close out of Coachella 08'.
    Roger Waters is an original member...so no.

Portishead said it best about Portishead...Cos nobody loves me
    Its true...Book it....I will be exploring the other venues during this emotionally draining end of Saturday night...
    When I am king, you will be first against the wall
    With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
    What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)

original member or not. Gilmour is still a better musician (my opinion). But I saw the wall live on dvd and pulse live on dvd. Pulse was soooo much better. While Gilmour was rocking out on solos, Waters was sitting in a chair, on stage, in front of a big wall. Gilmour was still a big part of pink floyd, I think even more than Barrett.

Jack Johnson headlining is a joke. Portishead is good but, still not headliner material. Roger Waters is awesome, but where the hell is David Gilmour???? How do you play all of Dark Side of the Moon, without David...It is IMPOSSIBLE. What.. are they gonna have David be live via satellite singing back up for ROGER??? yea right.

portishead is more coachella material than waters

Saw Portishead back in 97 or 98. While it was a good show, it was not very dynamic. I could see them getting lost on the main stage, especially as a headliner. Should still be worth checking out though.

Postishead and Jack Johnson suck major donkey dick. Fuck them in the asses and stick them with AIDZ needles!
    Почему не делают все, что Вы относитесь распутников по-матерински, едят дерьмо и умирают?

Thumbs down Re: THE OFFICIAL JACK JOHNSON vs. PORTISHEAD vs. ROGER WATERS THREAD

Quote Originally Posted by User Name View Post
    Postishead and Jack Johnson suck major donkey dick. Fuck them in the asses and stick them with AIDZ needles!
    The AIDZ remark...........Way too far, over the line!!!

Jeez, JJ is losing by a landslide. Way to go GV......

p-o-r-t-i-s-h-e-a-d

but still not worth going this year

i cant get over the fact jack johnson is headlining friday. that shit is unforgivable

PH!
    Upcoming Shows: Updated

Quote Originally Posted by SEEDYMIG420 View Post
    The AIDZ remark...........Way too far, over the line!!!
    You haven't been around here long, have you?
    Quote Originally Posted by hannibul View Post
    It was NOT over when the germans bombed Pearl Harbor!
    '06, '07, '08, '09, '11!

Coachella Junkie psycobetabuckdown's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by coldstart View Post
    You haven't been around here long, have you?
    It's January and the lineup has just been revealed. It takes a certain amount of time for n00bs to assimilate and begin to understand the AIDZ references.
    Ron Paul 2012!

Upcoming Shows:
    Four Tet
    Coachella 4/20-4/22
    Death Cab for Cutie/Magik Magik Orchestra
    Radiohead
    some other bands

In the future there will be three kids having a conversation about their grandparents. One kid will say, "my grandfather saw Jack Johnson in concert", and everyone will laugh at that little boy.... another will say, "My grandfather saw Portishead in concert", and everyone will say, "Who?"
    And the third kid will say, "My grandfather saw Roger Waters in concert", and the look on everyone's face will make that little kid proud to be of your lineage.

Lurker

Portishead's live record blows my mind. I think that voice with deep bass and the night sky over Coachella would be amazing.

Quote Originally Posted by 800lb View Post
    Portishead's live record blows my mind. I think that voice with deep bass and the night sky over Coachella would be amazing.
    It would be even better if they played with a full on orchestra. Hmmm...the Manchester Orchestra is playing on Sunday. I wonder if they will play with them the night before?

Roger Waters!

lol at 6 votes.

i literally dreamt this in a nap today:

"Just Kidding! Radiohead Day 1!!!"

"OMG! Coachella, you got us sooo good. We thought you were serious! ROFLZ"

(i speak in internet in my sleep)

Oh shit. This is fucking intense.