Page 15 of 16 FirstFirst ... 10111213141516 LastLast

Thread: Who else has had Coachella Invade their Dreams this past week?

Default Re: Who else has had Coachella Invade their Dreams this past week?

image.jpg

My friend's dream.

Hmmm....Could be that the nyquil and my cold combined to give me dreams about Coachella and how some friends ended up being one of the food vendors and selling my some cookies. Also I remember rushing to get to Trey Songz to meet up with this one girl I know and the fields being larger but more maze like.
    Quote Originally Posted by mrhand View Post
    Keep on chugging. 788 more posts and you can submit your application.
    PARTYNEXTDOOR for 2014

I have tons of Coachella dreams. The layout is always incredibly complicated, and there's almost no one there. Front row at Modest Mouse, bitches.
    The Knife - Beck - The Cult - Motorhead - QOTSA - Outkast - The Replacements - Bryan Ferry - Pet Shop Boys - Temples - Crosses - Washed Out - The Preatures - Little Dragon - Mogwai - Broken Bells - Jon Spencer - Tiga - The Internet - Blood Orange - Naked and the Famous - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife - The Knife

Quote Originally Posted by Twattycakes View Post
    I have tons of Coachella dreams. The layout is always incredibly complicated, and there's almost no one there. Front row at Modest Mouse, bitches.
    That's how mine usually are too. There will be maybe 50 people there and I'm just running around the empty fields in sheer bliss.
    Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    Coachella will come out of the closet announcing it's gay. Most will applaud it while some will sell their passes.

I had a dream I was at Coachella. We looked at the lineup booklet and it said 'Sigur Ros performs the sounds of Star Wars'. We went to check it out and sure enough Sigur Ros was in the middle of plowing through Imperial March or something of that nature. There were also many droids, ewoks, and wookies about. That, or people were dressed up as said characters.

I had a dream the Yeah Yeah Yeahs were performing a sunset slot on the Outdoor stage and Karen O came up to talk to me in between songs.

I've had two so far. The first, I was sitting down somewhere resting on the polo fields but couldn't remember the set times of any bands, or find set times anywhere to look at. And nobody I was with cared, or even cared to see any of the bands.

The second, it was the 3rd day of the festival, but for some reason I thought it was over, and I was upset that I didn't get to see anything good (which obviously after 2 days I would have normally seen tons of good stuff). I then realized there was still a day left, so I was happy and went in. This time I had one of those schedule booklets that they hand out, but when I opened it, it unfolded into a HUGE piece of paper with random words all over it, but nothing that said set times. I freaked out, and just started running to the closest stage, in hopes that it was something great. But when I got there, the entire festival was over. I woke up after that. Not very good dreams haha

But actually, before those two, shortly after the lineup was released, I had a dream that I was at some other festival going to see Moby play a dj set. But when he got on stage he surprised everyone with a live set and I was super happy and it was awesome. So they're not all bad

For some stupid reason, I took my car into get fixed on the Friday of Coachella, but I waited till the afternoon to even start (i'm usually there by 11.30 on Friday). It was then 4.00 and they told me that my car wouldn't be ready until 7.00 and I live two hours away. I then realized that I had basically blown the whole first day.

In summary: (a) missing Coachella has replaced the "you never showed up to a class you were enrolled in all year" dream (and I haven't been in school since 1990) and (b) The Karen O dream was way better than mine.

I had a dream last night I was on the polo fields and it poured rain all weekend.
    Mudchella 2013 confirmz?
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    Can't be more bro than Gotye.

I really hope it doesn't rain again this year. There was too much wrong with that day.

I just woke up after having a dream that everyone from the board was waiting to board a bus at a downtown bus terminal. The waiting area was set up like restaurant booths and cluster of people were hanging out with one another waiting for buses to arrive to take us to Indio. I walked next door to short term storage to drop off my bike (I don’t own a like). The buses were being loaded when I returned.

I’m feeling tingly right now. It felt like today was the day to leave.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

This is the 3rd year in a row I have also been getting a Coachella stress dream, glad to hear others suffering from it as well.

Usually my dream involves a combo of GV ruining it (smaller venue, crappier conditions, little to no artwork, small or non-existent stages, etc.) and me suddenly not recognizing any of the acts (even if I have a schedule). In my dream last night, I kept checking if I had my custom paper schedule in my pocket and I always did, but the schedule was crazy...some stages didn't have any music until night time and there were at least 2-3 extra stages with more random acts on them. Woke up stressed.

Strange how the onset of these dreams started in 2010...

It was so cold last year on Friday that I left 2 or 3 hours earlier than I wanted to because we were so freezing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

I had one yesterday of Daft Punk playing inside a giant disco ball that appeared to be spinning and floating. And for the encore it came out over the front of the crowd.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/17 Karen O at Masonic Lodge, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/20 Chvrches @ Tower Theatre, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

twice this week....dang! I laughed at this thread when it started...now I'm a member
    Just when I think you couldn't possibly be any dumber, you go and do something like this…and totally redeem yourself!
    Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    she should get an abortion then go to chella
    Quote Originally Posted by Bougie24 View Post
    You people are disgusting for posting this shit on my thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Neighborhood Creep View Post
    Look up your moms skirt when she is dancing

I've been one cracked-out antsy bastard, every evening the past 2 weeks.

Disclosure - October 12 - Reno, NV.
    Treasure Island Music Festival - October 19 - San Francisco, CA.
    Portugal, The Man - October 22 - Reno, NV.
    Cut Copy - October 31 - Reno, NV.
    Phoenix w/ Alt-J - December 5 - Reno, NV.

COACHELLA '07, '08, '09, '11, '13

Had a dream Marilyn Manson cut my finger, then his and we became blood brothers at Coachella. No joke.

I have also experienced the Coachella stress dream. I was there with some friends and random people, and we were searching for someone's lost kid. People were freaking out about it, but in the dream I was more concerned that I was missing a set I really wanted to see. And then zombies invaded the polo fields. No lie. I think I've been watching too much Walking Dead.

I dreamt I was stuck at home on Coachella Friday, it was two, then three, then four, and I was so worried that I was going to miss Of Monsters and Men. Then it was 6 o'clock at night and my boyfriend finally showed up to pick me up, his exgirlfriend, who for some odd reason now had dread locks to her waist, was with him. I was so amped to get there before I missed Of Monsters and Men that I didn't even care that she was coming with us!

I had a dream that I met Nina Kraviz and shared music with her... forever a dream. *sigh*
    Quote Originally Posted by sonicc View Post
    Fuck "themule"

This is my 4th Coachella but my first dream about it. I think because this year I am going alone that I am more nervous about it, but in my dream I was having a great time.

Last night I dreamed I was at the polo grounds that make up Coachella. I was walking in the lush, wet, green grass. It had been reseeded so perfectly. There was not a brown spot in sight, no dirt, no sand, and the air was clean. I miss Coachella (even if it is dusty and dry).
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Were you alone?

Solochella. Of course.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Nice. That sounds so calming. I was out there last winter, just before polo season, and the grass was heavenly . . . almost dreamlike.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    Nice. That sounds so calming. I was out there last winter, just before polo season, and the grass was heavenly . . . almost dreamlike.
    $20,000 polo ponies won't settle for anything less to trod upon. -
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

I had a dream that part of the security check to get into Coachella was a psychiatric evaluation. They were giving me shit about listening to The Cure. They kept saying I was too unstable to attend Coachella. Yet somehow all my friends and koryp got through! It was awful!
    Oh look it stopped snowing...

Hahahaha, Kory passed the psych test.

AF debuted four songs live to me and only me in my office cafeteria featuring their new bassoon section. I critiqued all four, and explained to Win that they were all great, but weren’t good enough to be on Reflektor. I then proceeded to pick up the phone and dial Mitch from the corporate directory, who I just remembered sits in a cube in our building. He never showed and AF had to relocate to the conference room upstairs because the cafeteria needed the space for lunch.
    Quote Originally Posted by dj12inches View Post
    What makes me qualified? I've watched EVERY fucking episode of American Idol, and every single episode of The Voice...Forget that I won departmental music awards when I was in the 8th grade choir.

Did you provide a graph or a pie chart with your critique?