Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: What do you want to take away from this year?

Default What do you want to take away from this year?

Every year, there's something different about the way each of us attend the festival. We all have a different coachella each time we walk through the gates and we all plan to have a different or "improved" coachella after we leave the festival on Sunday or Monday, give or take where you're staying.

Whether it be, being in better shape for the festival so the heat doesn't get to kick your ass, or planning on rolling for the first time in sahara, or even just getting use to the idea (if your in the camp grounds) that you're possibly not going to sleep for more than 20 hours over the course of the entire festival (Thursday through that Monday morning clean up).

I, for one, am planning on being adequately prepared for my food supplies and not fuck up how much I have in my cooler.

The one thing I ask you, seriously, is:

What do you plan to take away from this year's festival?
    or
    What do you plan to do differently at this festival as opposed to years before?
    Last edited by RedThom; 01-18-2008 at 08:27 AM.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Default Re: What do you want to take away from this year?

I'm usually so excited to be there that I'm in a hurry to take it all in...that if I go again this year I really want to slow it down and interact with all the art exhibits if there is as much as last year...I wanna hear good music but not be so anxious about getting to the stage I need to be at...so essentially I'd like to set a smoother pace for myself

This year I want to remember to take more pictures.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

there is a group of 7 of us and we decided to take 2 different cars, because some of the folks in the group get burned out towards the end of the night and want to go back to the hotel while others want to see the later acts...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by SFChrissy View Post
    I'm usually so excited to be there that I'm in a hurry to take it all in...that if I go again this year I really want to slow it down and interact with all the art exhibits if there is as much as last year...I wanna hear good music but not be so anxious about getting to the stage I need to be at...so essentially I'd like to set a smoother pace for myself
    nicely put, i concur, i dont even remember much art from 06, except for that scary fucking tesla coil, wasnt there a robot too? and something with bikes

i also want to try to see a lot more bands, and do my research before i go, so im familiar with ones ive never heard of, every year i say im gunna do it, but never do
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

Pictures...I have a sweet new camera that I got for my birthday I'm dying to cristen at coachella!!! I've never taken a camera with my previous 4 years!!!

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

This year I want to not listen to my friends who don't want to hear who I want to hear. Every year it's the same thing. They want to see the people who, most of the time, they have already seen perform. I on the other hand want to see so many of the artists that are there, who I never have and might never see again.

So this year part of my Coachella experience might be spent wandering alone....but that might provide for a very interesting story.

Also, take more pictures!!!!
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

I'd like to meet more board people maybe, take more pictures, and hopefully not stress my hubby out as much.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I'd like to meet more board people maybe, take more pictures, and hopefully not stress my hubby out as much.
    nice change from the log lady to audrey

I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

I'm gonna try to chat with Hot Shot longer.

a VD other than chlamydia, I get that one every year : (

really though. Considering that I go to the fest solo, it would be nice to meet some of the board members. I usually meet some really nice/cool people so i just hope that continues.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Quote Originally Posted by Bud Luster View Post

really though. Considering that I go to the fest solo, it would be nice to meet some of the board members. I usually meet some really nice/cool people so i just hope that continues.
    bud considering how dirty bitches are you shouldn't be riding bear back...but lets smoke a phatty for sure this year since we've been to so many of the same parties!!!

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    hahaha same boat only with my Fiancee....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

bud considering how dirty bitches are you shouldn't be riding bear back...but lets smoke a phatty for sure this year since we've been to so many of the same parties!!!
    you got it. We will both have our finest Im sure. I camp onsite.
    Quote Originally Posted by PotVsKtl View Post
    The middle class needs sick beats.

Suprisingly enough, Suffacated and I haven't ever run into alot of people we know out of those 60,000 a day in the years we've gone. Maybe cuz alot of people we know aren't into the Coachella scene, I guess. But, regardless of anything said on this board, it's all in fun and I'm anticipating afew board member meets that weekend...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by RedThom View Post
    nice change from the log lady to audrey
    Sprucing up for coachella, baby!
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Oh god, the list is endless.

I would:

- Not run around and try to watch a little of every act I want to see. Unless you don't like it, don't leave.

- This year I intend to not take any drugs that would have me hallucinate my balls off during arguably my favorite bands (Arcade Fire, Justice and most especially LCD Soundsystem, I wish I could actually remember you and not just distorted visages of you)

- Not lose my cell phone for the fourth year in a row.

- Purchase (and subsequently return) an even bigger tent with an even more elaborate cooling system. I'm considering a giant block of ice in front the biggest portable fan I can buy.

- Devise a plan to actually watch a headliner from relatively close up. Those Bjork kids wanted to fucking kill me.

- Maybe try caffeine pills for night time fatigue?

I'm probably going to take LSD

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    nicely put, i concur, i dont even remember much art from 06, except for that scary fucking tesla coil, wasnt there a robot too? and something with bikes

i also want to try to see a lot more bands, and do my research before i go, so im familiar with ones ive never heard of, every year i say im gunna do it, but never do
    Definitely what I wanna do. I was supposed to do it last year and I didn't. Come to find out on the board I missed some pretty good stuff. (research)

you got it. We will both have our finest Im sure. I camp onsite.
    I want to join this smoke session.

Quote Originally Posted by jonnypark View Post
    I'm probably going to take LSD
    I'm too scared anymore to jump on this train. My last trip was a few years ago.

Quote Originally Posted by miseducation View Post
    Oh god, the list is endless.

I would:

- Not run around and try to watch a little of every act I want to see. Unless you don't like it, don't leave.

- This year I intend to not take any drugs that would have me hallucinate my balls off during arguably my favorite bands (Arcade Fire, Justice and most especially LCD Soundsystem, I wish I could actually remember you and not just distorted visages of you)

- Not lose my cell phone for the fourth year in a row.

- Purchase (and subsequently return) an even bigger tent with an even more elaborate cooling system. I'm considering a giant block of ice in front the biggest portable fan I can buy.

- Devise a plan to actually watch a headliner from relatively close up. Those Bjork kids wanted to fucking kill me.

- Maybe try caffeine pills for night time fatigue?
    I totally concur on the cooling system. I might just bring a case of water for sheerly dumping on my self this year.

although that would be wasteful.

One thing I am going to try NOT to do this year is have to put my shirt in my melted ice water in my cooler this year. YES this has worked in the past but only after 4 minutes of painstaking dressing. Plus the cool fades quickly.

do some kind of psychedelic drug one night

front row for dcfc

dance my ass off to at least one band in the tent, preferably while on above mentioned psychedelic

meet lots of interesting people as I am going alone

Quote Originally Posted by waxybk View Post
    This year I want to not listen to my friends who don't want to hear who I want to hear. Every year it's the same thing. They want to see the people who, most of the time, they have already seen perform. I on the other hand want to see so many of the artists that are there, who I never have and might never see again.

So this year part of my Coachella experience might be spent wandering alone....but that might provide for a very interesting story.

Also, take more pictures!!!!
    I go with 4 other people and we always separate almost immediately and I'm the one that meanders alone.I get to see whoever I want without worrying about what everyone else wants to see.So......if you see a short(5'3)hispanic woman in a bikini top and board shorts tooling around by herself in either the dance tent or the mojave say hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Courtney View Post
    This year I want to remember to take more pictures.

as do i.

i was way too busy doing drugs and drinking. hahahah
    je suis un extraterrestre

old school

I would like to introduce more people to the RESET button at this years fest.

It usually comes into play five to ten minutes after toking. You are standing there, hot as fck, trying to figure out what is going on...and you look at your friends, and they are doing the same thing. You then take the freezing cold fresh water you bought, sneak up on said friend, and pour a little down the back of their neck/back when they aren't expecting it.

They scream, turn around, and you pump a little robot into the scene while chanting ra ra ra reeee-set (to the background music of Reflex, by Duran Duran)

*this move can also be used when meeting up with people or someone who is letting the drugs get the best of them*
    Last edited by ShyGuy75; 01-18-2008 at 03:41 PM.
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    I would like to introduce more people to the RESET button.

It usually comes into play five to ten minutes after toking. You are standing there, hot as fck, trying to figure out what is going on...and you look at your friends, and they are doing the same thing. You then take the freezing cold fresh water you bought, sneak up on said friend, and pour a little down the back of their neck/back when they aren't expecting it.

They scream, turn around, and you pump a little robot into the scene while chanting ra ra ra reeee-set (to the background music of Reflex, by Duran Duran)

*this move can also be used when meeting up with people or someone who is letting the drugs get the best of them*
    This is better than my hangover cure. (cookie dough ice cream, an extremely hot bath, two gallons of water, a rockstar energy drink, and reruns of Xmen... You do the math)

Take more pictures and not rush so much
    When I am king, you will be first against the wall
    With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
    What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    I would like to introduce more people to the RESET button at this years fest.

i would not mind anyone doing that to me while i'm there!

I'd like to have a chill time, last year this dick in the crowd grabed my ass- and painfully at that- and then act like a fucking ididot when i didn't appreciate it. some shithead did to me leaving the RHCP stage last year..... I went bezerk and the fucker is lucky bc i busted up some boy while front row center at stone sour last year with a solid elbow under his chin while he was grinding his errect self against me while holding my hips--- s.o.b got lucky that he didn't get every stitch he deserved and squirmed away.

Continue to bean chicks who sit on their friends shoulders blocking everyones view...Last year this Chaka from Land of the Lost looking beast was blocking all our views...After we all politely asked her to get down...She flipped us the bird...I proceeded to lob warning shots of empty water bottles across her bow...Well she continued to ignore us...The group of 30 people around me started handing me half full water bottles...After 3 attempts I landed a direct hit to the back of her head...She finally got the clue...
    When I am king, you will be first against the wall
    With your opinion which is of no consequence at all
    What's that...? (I may be paranoid, but no android)