View Poll Results: What kind of newbie are you?

Voters
20. You may not vote on this poll
  • Ideal

0 0%
  • Shaky

2 10.00%
  • Alias

4 20.00%
  • Conscious incompetent

4 20.00%
  • Unconscious incompetent

7 35.00%
  • Other

3 15.00%

Thread: What kind of newbie are you?

Default What kind of newbie are you?

What kind of newbie are you?

So many new people have been posting that it has been a bit overwhelming. I thought this might be a good opportunity for people to quickly introduce themselves. Welcome.

Ideal-Have heard about Coachella and planning on attending for the first time. Seen the board and interested in becoming part of the community. I try to keep up on current events, movies, music, etc. Looking forward to adding value to the board.

Shaky-Have heard about Coachella and/or have attended the festival. I get buzzed and/or get drunk with friends before/during the event. I have a hell of a great time but later realize that I may have acted like an ass. I signed up on the board to find other people to party with and get some information about the event.

Alias- I live and breathe Coachella. I am an “Old Schooler” on the board. People know me because I like to mix things up. The board has been boring lately. I created an alias to start posting bogus and bullshit threads.

Conscious incompetent-I know about and /or I have been to Coachella. I am up on current events and have a quick wit, maybe too quick. My posts are coming on strong but I am out to make a mark for myself on this board. People will eventually learn to love me.

Unconscious incompetent-Yeah, I’ve heard about Coachella. Probably going to go this year but still not sure. This board is fuckin crazy. People are saying all kinds of shit. I really don’t give a fuck what people are saying. I’m just posting shit that kinds of goes with what people are talking about. Yeah my posts might be pissing people off but I don’t give a fuck.

Other-Please describe to the Coachella world.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

Default Re: What kind of newbie are you?

Unconscious incompetent is my favorite description of the above choices.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

These are accurate. Kudos.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

The problem with this poll is also the problem with a lot of things on this message board, namely perception != reality. For instance, I'm sure Delta felt that he was sane and rational and the rest of us were all fascists. In fact, he said as much. Many times.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

A wet, broken, cardboard box in New Yawk Shitty

I like to think I am a bit of all-of-the-above.....

I created my own version with the materials provided.

Ideal- Looking forward to adding value to the board……I’ve finally found a board where the people actually have a clue about good music (for the most part)

Shaky- I get buzzed and/or get drunk with friends before/during the event. I have a hell of a great time but later realize that I may have acted like an ass. I signed up on the board to find other people to party with and get some information about the event…..I def like to have a few drinks, act like a fool with my friends, enjoy my vacation in California, and would love to meet fellow board members to share this experience with.

Alias- I live and breathe Coachella. I am an “Old Schooler” on the board….I used to post on the old board. Not much, but I was in there. Haven’t gone on much since the last Coachella.

Conscious incompetent - People will eventually learn to love me….some don’t like what I have to say, but you can’t please them all.

Unconscious incompetent- This board is fuckin crazy. People are saying all kinds of shit. Yeah my posts might be pissing people off but I don’t give a fuck…..this is so punk rock
    Last edited by waxybk; 01-18-2008 at 06:55 AM.
    Without music life would be a mistake. - Friedrich Wilhelm Nietzsche

Your thermos would fit nice in my lunchbox....

Us on hard drugs? That would be horrible. We'd probably end up sounding like Bryan Adams. - Thom Yorke

Oh, I responded before reading the descriptions. Can I change my mind? I'm a newbie at polls.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    For instance, I'm sure Delta felt that he was sane and rational and the rest of us were all fascists. In fact, he said as much. Many times.
    Yeah, but he was a total douchebag and nobody cared what he thought. I'm sure he's off terrorizing some assrape enthusiasts board at this very moment.

yeah i'm the concious incompetent. have been to coachella twice, just started posting. i think my sarcasm does not translate well to this (or any) message board.

hello coachella, i am carokube. i love tool, queens of the stone age and deftones, but i still dig the coachella vibe.

i am trying to figure out which cat i fit into ...hummm ... canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

I approve of the categories, but the first person description of the Unconscious Incompetent, to be truly accurate, needs to be far more unfocused and incoherent, and should probably reference something everyone else has already talked about for months.
    Quote Originally Posted by Riggins33 View Post
    Hey rubber toe, it's a message board not a English essay. NERD

Quote Originally Posted by waxybk View Post

Ideal- Looking forward to adding value to the board……I’ve finally found a board where the people actually have a clue about good music (for the most part)

Shaky- I get buzzed and/or get drunk with friends before/during the event. I have a hell of a great time but later realize that I may have acted like an ass. I signed up on the board to find other people to party with and get some information about the event…..I def like to have a few drinks, act like a fool with my friends, enjoy my vacation in California, and would love to meet fellow board members to share this experience with.

Alias- I live and breathe Coachella. I am an “Old Schooler” on the board….I used to post on the old board. Not much, but I was in there. Haven’t gone on much since the last Coachella.

Conscious incompetent - People will eventually learn to love me….some don’t like what I have to say, but you can’t please them all.

Unconscious incompetent- This board is fuckin crazy. People are saying all kinds of shit. Yeah my posts might be pissing people off but I don’t give a fuck…..this is so punk rock
    I like your additions especially the "this is so punk rock"

Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    The problem with this poll is also the problem with a lot of things on this message board, namely perception != reality.
    Yes.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    i am trying to figure out which cat i fit into

tnx pot lol . canx**
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Nice descriptions, those are pretty damn accurate.

Quote Originally Posted by waxybk View Post

Welcome. Look forward to your commentary.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I chose other, because I'm too afraid to commit to anything in fear of the ensuing comments that come from those that fall under all of the above categories.

Quote Originally Posted by algunz View Post
    I chose other, because I'm too afraid to commit to anything in fear of the ensuing comments that come from those that fall under all of the above categories.
    I voted other as well in fear that I may not win one of the Coachella High Message Board Superlatives.
    Quote Originally Posted by superfan View Post
    And I have a dick for you to eat if youre hungry still.

i voted Unconscious incompetent but after reading the description i don't know. I have been lurking around these parts for about a year with nothin to say. I am definitley going this year and bringing my friends that have never been so i don't know, and quite honstley don't give a fuck . . . so punk rock.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

I'd say I'm somewhere between Shakey and Unconcious Incompetant. Once I laid eyes on this board I couldn't look away.