View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SO OF CO VS. 3 DAYS IN THE LIFE

Voters
63. You may not vote on this poll
  • So of Co Festival

31 49.21%
  • 3 Days in the Life Festival

32 50.79%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SO OF CO VS. 3 DAYS IN THE LIFE

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SO OF CO VS. 3 DAYS IN THE LIFE

Create A Festival - Round #3 - So of Co Festival vs. 3 Days in the Life Festival

Okay, here is the eight and final match of the third round. You're voting on which festival you like the best. Take into account any type of factor(s) you want. Which bands you like the best. The location. The ticket price. The extras. Pretend if you had one choice of going to a festival, and you were gonna spend your money on one of these, which would it be? Whatever the case, you're voting one of these into the next round!

Voting will last 3 days, and you're only allowed to vote if you have 200 posts or more (votes are public, so I'll know, so don't waste your time if you have less than 200 - unless you've entered a poster yourself). And NO alias voting. If I even suspect you to be an alias, you're votes won't count (sorry bug, abe, granny and more).

Please note, the winner of this round will move onto Round 4, which is the first round that will start including set times...so reminder: WHOEVER WINS THIS CONTEST, REMEMBER YOU SUBMIT SETTIMES FOR THE NEXT ROUND (I'LL EMAIL YOU INFO).

Choice #1

So of Co

Ticket Price: $195.00
    Reunion Band: The Stone Roses
    Onsite Camping
    No Noise Curfew

Choice #2

3 Days in the Life Festival

Ticket Price: $200.00
    Reunion: Orbital
    Onsite Camping
    No Noise Curfew
    Open Taping
    Ferris Wheel

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SO OF CO VS. 3 DAYS IN THE LIFE

Sefton Park - expect to get all your stuff stolen from the campsite - including your tent. Surely a La's reunion would have fitted in nicely with that one.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie

This one is hard. Very Very Very hard.

So of Co has a boatload of names I like, all over the spread.

but.. 3 days in the life has Orbital Reunion, Kraftwerk, and Brian Eno. But the problem is, those all land on day 1. This festival should have been more diverse everyday.

but still... Orbital reunion...

i'll be back later for this one.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Sunday at Sefton is Solo Artist Day, by the looks of it.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Too many specials guests + practically unreadable poster design.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

So of Co should have had the Orbital reunion.

Coachella Junkie

yeah it is. Interesting approach, but I wish it was spread evenly across all 3 days.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by menikmati View Post
    So of Co should have had the Orbital reunion.
    had So of Co had Orbital, I may even vote for it over MY festival. Which is primarily a dream lineup.

Damn, I think I voted too quickly. I always sort of make my decision off my initial gut reaction (impulse control problems, gotta hate 'em) and 3 Days in the Life's Friday line-up, specifically Kraftwerk and Orbital, and its top 3 on Saturday got me firmly behind it for long enough to cast my ballot. Now after surveying the festivals more closely, and even after having the unreadability of 3 Days' poster cancel out the lack of So of Co indicating who's playing which day, I think So of Co is the stronger fest. Shit, it's got like 16 more acts who I'd want to check out. I'll feel pretty bad if 3 Days in the Life ends up winning by a single vote.
    Quote Originally Posted by malcolmjamalawesome View Post
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

This is perhaps the hardest one yet. Both are so rediculously good. Wow. I am going to need some time to go over this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

3 Days has the stronger line up. The way the artists are grouped together might ruin things, though.

I mean, I want to see 16 artists on Sunday but there won't be much variation. I want to see the top 8 on Saturday plus 14 more - Club 8? Portastatic? Tap Tap? I did not see those coming - so that's probably the best day of any festival thus far. Conflicts won't matter with that strong of a line-up. And then there's Friday's more extreme/experimental artists. I am not prepared to do a count there but, again, it seems like it would be overwhelming to not hear one simple pop song all day.

Never the less it is a very interesting festival. I like the look of the poster despite serious readability issues.

I gotta work on this one.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

I love how Brandon's design for my poster last year has been plucked and stolen. Stay classy 3 Days in the Life...

I'll analyze the posters soon.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Oh man, this is tough. Both are very original and have a lot of great acts. On one hand, 3 Days has an intriguing, unexpected day of solo artists, including JARVIS COCKER and Paul McCartney (all those guests might ruin his set, but I have to give points for originality), but on the other hand So of Co has even more bands I want to see and its own interesting choices (BB King, Aphex Twin & Chris Cunningham, Asobi Seksu, etc). I really don't know. I'll think about it.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

3 days in the life.... but So of Co has a nicer poster.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Goddamn, I feel like I need special decoder glasses to read 3 Days' lineup.

THINK ABOUT THIS WHEN MAKING POSTERS, PEOPLE.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

The So of Co poster looks like an optical illusion.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

I would love to see Kraftwerk again...
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

3 Days is the best one so far...

Mouse on Mars, Sightings, and Supersilent are inspired choices.
    Last edited by wmgaretjax; 01-17-2008 at 10:10 AM.

3 days in the life is kick ass and if your headliners are Prince and Bowie I am automatically voting against you from now on.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Voting for 3 days by virtue of there being no Bowie or Prince... Shame that Stone Roses had to be on such a lame poster configuration.

Also, Kraftwerk as a headliner is a ballsy move.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Coachella Junkie

Kraftwerk, Orbital, and Brian Eno are legends in the world of electronic music... they should all be spread across the 3 days. It would draw an appeal for EDM fans, make them want to come all 3 days and not just one. Plus, I think you could put Brian Eno on day 3, the solo artist day.

Day 1 of 3 Days In The Life won me over. Has Burial ever performed live?

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    3 days in the life is kick ass and if your headliners are Prince and Bowie I am automatically voting against you from now on.
    Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Voting for 3 days by virtue of there being no Bowie or Prince... Shame that Stone Roses had to be on such a lame poster configuration.

Also, Kraftwerk as a headliner is a ballsy move.
    You guys are being such vaginas.
    "Soon they'll hear my words," he thought, "and they will know that roboto's side-splitting reign of ha-has has begun."

Quote Originally Posted by xxxxxxxxxx View Post
    Has Burial ever performed live?
    No, but he likes to say the bbc he is super underground.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    You guys are being such vaginas.
    Oh please, I'm sorry if maybe YOU wanted Bowie on every fucking poster, but give me a damn break. When "OUR SPECIAL HEADLINERS TO SET OUR FESTIVAL APART FROM ALL THE OTHER BORING, MUNDANE MUSICAL EVENTS IN EXISTENCE" turn out to be the same 3 guys, it's just criminally limiting.

I mean, you would at least expect, given Erik's list of like... 20 able headliners... That people would pick more eclectically and what-not. But then again, that's just telling of the people on this board and their tastes if they end up voting for the same thing over and over again.
    Upcoming Shows:

The reason I'm saying you guys are being vaginas is because you just keep repeating yourselves. Okay, we get it: you think it's lame that some people used Prince, Bowie, and Radiohead as their headliners. We got it last week when the first of the posters with those headliners were revealed; you don't need to keep reminding us with each successive contest. If people jump down newbies' throats for posting information that has already been posted and discussed, then it's perfectly valid to do the same thing to people who keep parroting the same fucking complaint ad infinitum.
    A weak headliner at Coachella gets bitched and moaned about because a lot of people here like to bitch and moan about pretty much anything. But even though a lot of people, myself included, were disappointed with the Red Hot Chili Peppers headlining Saturday last year, were the reports after the festival dominated by remarks about how RHCP fucked everything up? No, the people who didn't want to see them went to see someone else and had a blast at those other stages. So of Co isn't the best example since it isn't clear who's playing which day, but if you wouldn't want to see David Bowie, you could be at the other tent where Underworld is playing, or if you don't want to see Prince, you could check out Aphex Twin. The myopia of people like you and kreutz is that you exaggerate the presence of the headliners and seemingly dismiss all the other acts that the festival creators put on their posters. If you dislike it so much, fine, duly noted. Now shut the fuck up or ignore the contest altogether but you're not contributing to any sort of discussion by merely saying, "Lame, Prince/Bowie/Radiohead as headliners, so unoriginal, why didn't you losers vote for the festival I liked back in the 2nd round instead?" or a variation thereof.

LOL I find it funny that you think I've just been saying "Bowie/Prince/RH NAWWWW" and nothing else. I think you missed the page-long explanations as to why I was voting for x-poster or y-poster that I don't feel like replicating in full time and time again.

Also, you're reasoning's a bit off. Comparing RHCP to Bowie and Prince would be like comparing a good Green Day set to the possibility of Radiohead or Led Zeppelin playing. Bowie and Prince are more adored by people on this board than RHCP ever could be. So, sure, it's smart to go with headliners that you know a large number of people love (i.e. RH) but it's still a cop-out.

As for me repeating my dislike for the Bowie/Prince/RH triumvirate, well I like to at least state something of a reason for voting for x-poster or y-poster, unlike the vast majority of people voting.
    Upcoming Shows:

LOL I find it funny that you think I've just been saying "Bowie/Prince/RH NAWWWW" and nothing else. I think you missed the page-long explanations as to why I was voting for x-poster or y-poster that I don't feel like replicating in full time and time again.
    No, I caught those, even the one where you typed out every band from both posters that you wanted to see. Sure, you haven't always been just repeating the same thing, but that has been what you've been doing for the most part with these past few match-ups.

Also, you're reasoning's a bit off. Comparing RHCP to Bowie and Prince would be like comparing a good Green Day set to the possibility of Radiohead or Led Zeppelin playing. Bowie and Prince are more adored by people on this board than RHCP ever could be. So, sure, it's smart to go with headliners that you know a large number of people love (i.e. RH) but it's still a cop-out.
    My comparison, as I thought was fairly obvious, was based on how much the discussion of the headliners had come to dominate some people's decisions in this contest. I don't feel the headliners should be the litmus test for whether one would vote for a particular festival.

Okay, I agree that they shouldn't be the litmus test. I just higher expectations for the diversity of headliners in the festival, that's all. I'm actually really pleased with the reunion bands this year. Stone Roses? Soundgarden? Stuff like that is really awesome.
    Upcoming Shows:

Cool. I'm glad you've found a glimmer of positivity in this contest. Now I can't wait for the set times round to start.