64. You may not vote on this poll
  • Fringe Beach

23 35.94%
  • Lacuna Festival

41 64.06%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - FRINGE BEACH VS. LACUNA

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - FRINGE BEACH VS. LACUNA

Based solely on the headliners, I would've voted against your poster, too, and not due to any malice I have towards you (I really don't have any towards anyone on this board, as contentious as I may sound on occasion) but because none of your headliners excite me all that much. (I like the Pixies but wouldn't cream myself to see them atop a festival line-up.)
    I think the budget system and the sub-headliners list probably served to hinder some people's ideas for their posters. I had one day all set up that I had to completely scrap after Thom Yorke and a couple other acts were added to the sub-headliners list and thus caused my festival cost to skyrocket. When you've got only so much money to play around with, it shouldn't be a surprise that some people are going to opt for what they feel are sure bets.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I like the Coachella package they sent out this year. we now all have a snail.....cr****
    Quote Originally Posted by HotHamWater View Post
    In 12 more years, that snail will be nice and ready for you to fuck it.

Yeah, and I understand that. But last year I went with some acts that don't fit the board aesthetic, and, I mean, I lost the 2nd place poster, so I don't feel bad about what transpired.

You think the budget system screwed some people over? How do you think I felt when Erik was like "Ok, no Smiths" and my festival, which pretty much revolved around the Smiths at that point, was totally butt-fucked? It sucked, but I definitely feel like I wasn't compelled to add Radiohead in their place because they'd be an equivalent draw.

Anyway, if you'd like to continue this conversation, PM me (or IM me), otherwise I'm going to get back to voting for the other festivals.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I stuck with Fringe on this one,mainly because of the diversity of the undercard.I also love it's poster,one of my favorite in the entire contest...
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?