Thread: Sigur Ros??

Default Sigur Ros??

I feel like I haven't heard much about them lately. I haven't seen any threads about them playing this year (and yes, I did use the search function). Does anyone know their status as far as touring? Maybe I'm interpreting it wrong, but it looks to me like, from their website, everything's just "Heima" screenings...

http://www.sigur-ros.co.uk/tour/

Is there a chance they could tour before they record a new full-length album? I'd like to think there is still a chance, even if it's a small one, that they could be in Indio in late April.

I think it'd be the perfect non-Icelandic place to see them, and from what I've read here and there, their show in 2006 is pretty highly regarded by several people, at least here on the message boards. And I know they did just play 2 years ago, but I don't know if I fully buy into this "no repeats" or "not for a few years" thing, at least not for sub-headliners.

Anyone else hoping to see their name on the poster, or even think there's a possibility?

Default Re: Sigur Ros??

I would love to see them again, but I don't think they'll be there. Unless I'm mistaken, I think they generally only do 1 tour per album and don't do 1-off shows. But again, I don't know that for sure. Somebody feel free to correct me on that.

They are working on their new album (in Iceland would be my bet), so I would say it is very unlikely.
    For your health

I saw them in '06. I just don't get them.

Sigur Ros sounds like two icelandic whales having painful butt sex, while the lead singer looks like he's trying to pass a kidney stone.

I watched them in 06 too; I would have fallen asleep if I had been sitting.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

falling asleep? painful butt sex? you assholes dont know shit
    as predicted by nostradamus

The murder capital where we murder for capital

All I can say is their performance in 2006 was intense and wonderful.

I'd love them to play again, but very probably won't happen.

coachella was kinda a wreck for them... you could tell. Jonsie has having so many sound problems he was just frustrated... Ended up being just an OK show for me... considering the two other times I saw them were two of the best shows I have ever seen.

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I watched them in 06 too; I would have fallen asleep if I had been sitting.
    Coachella main stage is not the right venue for Sigur Ros. I thought they were good but they blew me away when I saw them a week later in an intimate theater and their stage set up. i literally cried like a baby because it was so fucking beautiful.

Would be a must for me, very few would override a conflict with Sigur Ros.

If you haven't seen Heima, what are you waiting for!?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by ttboy80 View Post
    coachella was kinda a wreck for them... you could tell. Jonsie has having so many sound problems he was just frustrated... Ended up being just an OK show for me... considering the two other times I saw them were two of the best shows I have ever seen.
    I agree...I saw them 3 other times before that and it was amazing each time...I think they should only come back if they are allowed to headline a set with a full ending set...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by ttboy80 View Post
    Yeah, it was a shaky show. Their sound was a bit off for the first 3/4 of the set. In Sigur Ros time, that's tough, because with 50 minutes they can only get through about 6 tunes. At one point Georg (bassist) got so frustrated with the monitors that after a several side-stage looks he just ripped his ear piece out. Thankfully, the sound was pulled together enough to capture the big apocalyptic O for the closer, popplagiđ (Untitled #8). Thank f*ck. I felt bad for them, but it was still a delish moment.

Oh, and GET Heima. Just do it.

Sigur Ros will not be playing.

It's fine. We're dealing :-]

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    I agree...I saw them 3 other times before that and it was amazing each time...I think they should only come back if they are allowed to headline a set with a full ending set...
    Yeah I feel like they need at least a 75 minute set outdoors (and definitely not during the day) in order to successfully bring their vibe to Coachella. I doubt they'll be there, along with everyone else, but was hoping someone might have info/rumors to support otherwise. I'm jealous I didn't get to see them in '06. Sounds like it's best to see them do their own show though rather than a festival.

Heima is simply gorgeous. I cannot wait to see this band again. I've seen literally thousands of shows and seeing them live was one of the best singular musical moments of my life. Period.
    Last edited by Changoloco; 01-18-2008 at 01:01 AM.

All of Heima is now on youtube

http://youtube.com/watch?v=lr4s7KeCbV8

i saw it at the ArcLight, and Sigur Ros played a couple of songs as well

OUTKAST 2014
    it's finally happening

Röyksopp, FC Kahuna, Télépopmusik, The Knife, RJD2, Futue Sound of London, The Avalanches, 808 State, Zero 7, Tycho, Mr. Scruff

Smile Re: Sigur Ros??

I guess I could say I saw them in '06... they played while my wife and I sat on the lawn and discussed the end of our 13 year marriage while my heart disintegrated. Vague memories of some pretty intense and amazing music that ended up comprising the soundtrack to the demise of that relationship.

However... I'm feeling MUCH better now that I've been divorced for a year and am meeting lovely new women - one of whom I'd love to bring to Coachella and hear Sigur Ros create the soundtrack to the BEGINNING of my next great relationship. BRING 'EM!! BRING 'EM!!

That is a heart-wrenching tale, july9th. Sigur Ros' music is so emotionally powerful, talk about an unbelievable double whammy to your soul. Hope this Coachella is a little brighter for you.

I'm still surprised Sigur Ros is at Bonnaroo, but as literally the only reason I would go this year, I'll save my money and hopefully they'll be serenading the polo fields next year.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=oiGxE7ViXIY

This clip from '06 was some of the best quality footage from any set, any act from that fest. They were pretty good.

The other things I remember from that set, is they played right after Kanye, so half the mainstage crowd just scattered after Kanye's set was done, and I was able to move very close to the stage with ease. Sigur didn't play at night, but they did play as the sun was setting, and that was kinda beautiful. They are an acquired taste, but their music is beautiful if you're in the right mood for it.
    If y'all fresh to death, then I'm deceased... -Kanye West
    Jamiroquai 2015 please.
    Quote Originally Posted by miscorrections View Post
    How is any of that ironic? On this board I absolutely expect terrible people to call other people terrible.

Quote Originally Posted by july9th View Post
    I guess I could say I saw them in '06... they played while my wife and I sat on the lawn and discussed the end of our 13 year marriage while my heart disintegrated. Vague memories of some pretty intense and amazing music that ended up comprising the soundtrack to the demise of that relationship.

However... I'm feeling MUCH better now that I've been divorced for a year and am meeting lovely new women - one of whom I'd love to bring to Coachella and hear Sigur Ros create the soundtrack to the BEGINNING of my next great relationship. BRING 'EM!! BRING 'EM!!
    Holy hell...your marriage ended at Coachella? And during the whale butt sex set no less.
    Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I swear to god. Harrison Ford better not be fucking dead.