• Cascade Festival

37 58.73%
  • Ayahuasca Festival

26 41.27%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - CASCADE VS. AYAHUASCA

Default CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - CASCADE VS. AYAHUASCA

Create A Festival - Round #3 - Cascade Festival vs. Ayahuasca Festival

Okay, here is the sixth match of the third round. You're voting on which festival you like the best. Take into account any type of factor(s) you want. Which bands you like the best. The location. The ticket price. The extras. Pretend if you had one choice of going to a festival, and you were gonna spend your money on one of these, which would it be? Whatever the case, you're voting one of these into the next round!

Voting will last 3 days, and you're only allowed to vote if you have 200 posts or more (votes are public, so I'll know, so don't waste your time if you have less than 200 - unless you've entered a poster yourself). And NO alias voting. If I even suspect you to be an alias, you're votes won't count (sorry bug, abe, granny and more).

Please note, the winner of this round will move onto Round 4, which is the first round that will start including set times...so reminder: WHOEVER WINS THIS CONTEST, REMEMBER YOU SUBMIT SETTIMES FOR THE NEXT ROUND (I'LL EMAIL YOU INFO).

Choice #1

Cascade Festival

Ticket Price: $200.00
    Onsite Camping
    No Noise Curfew
    Open Taping

Choice #2

Ayahuasca Festival

Ticket Price: $200.00
    Reunion: Pavement
    No Noise Curfew

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - CASCADE VS. AYAHUASCA

Oh hey... Two identical festivals! What originality!
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

Oooh, Jonathan Richman and The Gothic Archies. If The Gothic Archies promised to play The Tiny Goat I'd be there for sure.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

It pisses me off when festival designers pick the most obvious, most unoriginal, and most popular bands as their headliners. If you are going to pick Bowie, Prince or Radiohead...pick one of them, and then be original on the next two headliners...picking two of them is pushing it for me too. I would pick originality over popularity anyday...these two posters are lucky that they are facing each other because the headliners cancel out...it's gonna be a toughy.

props to the disneyland idea. It was basically the same idea I was thinking for location, except mine was gonna be Disney World (if I had participated this year).
    ass on the grill

Banned

cascade by default

Cascade, I HATE Disneyland.

Quote Originally Posted by PassiveTheory View Post
    Oh hey... Two identical festivals! What originality!
    this is what I have been saying and why I advocated that everyone vote for Gold Coast. These two festivals are shit. shit.

edit: actually the disney land one doesnt have that bad of lineup (i.e. Pavement, The Avalanches, Magnetic Fields, Mogwai, Doves, Magnolia Electric Co., Clinic, Future Sound of London). I almost didnt see all those electronic acts. Bad poster design.

edti #2: I just saw that the other fest also has avalanches and fsol oh well they have Pavement so my vote stays the same.
    Last edited by kreutz2112; 01-15-2008 at 10:49 PM.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Coachella Junkie

the colors on the poster for the disney festival somehow melted my right eye.

What happened to your left?
    Upcoming Shows:

Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Big Star?!
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

Im not a fan of either poster....at least I can read the Disney one better. Disney has Justice, but Cascade has ACDC....the Radiohead, Prince, Bowie headliners are very blah. Get something new. Im a big fan of Radiohead, but dont like the other 2 enough.

Cascade gets my vote.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

More bands I like: draw
    Consistency: consistency is unknown for Ayahuasca since there acts aren't listed by day, so Cascade
    Headliners: LOL...wow. I know these are the most popular headliners and they are the most popular for a reason, but still. Damn. But I'm not going to hate on a fest for that, just as long as there's originality in the rest of the festival. Definitely a draw.
    Sub-headliners: Cascade, because it has Portishead, Sigur Ros, Beck, Yeah Yeah Yeahs. I like how both have Devo and The Knife.
    Undercard: both have goodies, but I am feeling Ayahuasca more.
    Reunion: Cascade doesn't have one, but Ayahuasca has Pavement, so...draw
    Venue: Ayahuasca, because Disneyland is the last venue I'd ever expect. Not sure how it would work, though.
    Diversity: Cascade has more diversity technically with all the hip hop and such, but I must say that I am impressed by the verteran acts at Ayahuasca: Stevie Wonder, Chuck Berry, Lou Reed are all brilliant additions, so I'm leaning towards Ayahuasca. Cascade's Sly & the Family Stone is also brilliant and unexpected. I dunno about this category.
    Unique/unusual acts: Ayahuasca has Kiiiiiii!
    Poster: draw...I really dig the vibe I get from Cascade's poster, and I like the colorfulness and the font of Ayahuasca. Where can I get the Disney font?
    Wild card: Ayahuasca has Jarvis Cocker. Jarvis Cocker playing "Disney Time" at Disney? Nuff said.
    Wild card: Cascade has those film and art exhibits
    Wild card: Ayahuasca has Space Mountain

Winner: very, VERY close. These might be the two most evenly-matched lineups so far, IMHO. But I gotta go with Ayahuasca.
    Last edited by Boourns; 01-16-2008 at 03:06 AM.
    8/20 SISU and Tanlines @ Sayers Club, 8/21 The Zombies @ Santa Monica Pier, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

All the posters this year are way too similar. I voted for Ayahuwhatnow purely on a Pavement tip. I would have to be at any reunion show they did.
    Quote Originally Posted by JustSteve View Post
    well, for all intensive porpoises it is, will sell out within seconds tomorrow.
    Quote Originally Posted by korbinn View Post
    It's jsut dawned on me that I'm overly confident and a extremely ocd perfectionist.
    Quote Originally Posted by kroqken View Post
    I don't give a flying fuck about the Kardashians, I doubt they know who Belle and Sebastian are.

Coachella Junkie

the similar headliner thing is funny. everyone picking what they think will win.

however, the posters look the same because of the budget. like the sub-headliners list... as soon as you saw it, you started thinking of big names that werent put onto it, but could have.

I am not sure how they got Disneyland to allow a festival called Ayahuasca to take place on their grounds.

If this contest were just a list of bands then Ayahuasca would win. Since it is more than that... this is going to be tougher to decide.
    Quote Originally Posted by SoulDischarge View Post
    See how wrong you are, Tommy? Randy is agreeing with you.

Quote Originally Posted by i_like_cake530 View Post
    It pisses me off when festival designers pick the most obvious, most unoriginal, and most popular bands as their headliners. If you are going to pick Bowie, Prince or Radiohead...pick one of them, and then be original on the next two headliners...picking two of them is pushing it for me too. I would pick originality over popularity anyday...these two posters are lucky that they are facing each other because the headliners cancel out...it's gonna be a toughy.
    AMEN!
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Yes - Greek Theater, NIN/Soundgarden - Hollywood Bowl, Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl

winner: gold coast
    as predicted by nostradamus

Quote Originally Posted by mountmccabe View Post
    I am not sure how they got Disneyland to allow a festival called Ayahuasca to take place on their grounds.
    Even more amazing is the fact thay are permitting Butthole Surfers to play at said festival...
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

In think Ayahuasca wins it for me. I live like 15 minutes away from it

How the hell is Sufjan Stevens that low on Friday for Cascade???

Because the Dresden Dolls > Sufjan Stevens.
    Upcoming Shows:

I am really having a tough time forcing myself to read Ayahuasca's poster. The poster design and unappealing location are enough to make me want to automatically vote for Cascade. But I'm going to try to actually read through the list of bands and make a more comprehensive comparison.

Quote Originally Posted by matsuolost View Post
    winner: gold coast
    agreed.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

DJ's at TomorrowLand seems kinda cool.

And, for those still talking about Goldcoast...it was you guys who voted Cascade for the win in their matchup, right? Yeah...

I think you guys who are saying these two festivals are identical doth protest too much. Yes, they share a lot of similar acts: of those that I'd be interested in seeing, there are 19 that appear on both posters. But going beyond those acts, there are a whopping 40 acts at Cascade who I would like to see, and of those, there are 15 who I would be ecstatic about. Ayahuasca, on the other hand, has 23 total acts who I would be interested in seeing, and I would be excited about 8 of those. The bulk number of acts I'd like to see makes this an easy decision, and would do so even if the Ayahuasca poster didn't have so much going against it.
    First, sorry to the creator but it isn't a very attractive poster. Secondly, I don't like the ambiguity about who's playing which day. With Cascade, I imagine the set order will look something like MIA -> Missy Elliott -> Sly and the Family Stone -> Prince, Goldfrapp -> Portishead -> David Bowie, and Sigur Ros -> Spiritualized -> Radiohead. I mean, who wouldn't salivate over that? Yes, I know, it's lazy to have Prince, Bowie, and Radiohead as headliners, but what can set a festival apart is which bands they have leading up to them. And with Ayahuasca, I have no idea who will be leading into Prince, Bowie, or Radiohead because there's nothing indicating who's playing on which day. Sure, in the next round that won't be an issue, but I would hold this against a festival in real life -- how do I know there isn't going to be a day that I want to see just 3 bands and there are 20 I'm interested in on another day, but I'll only get to see half of them due to conflicts? -- and as such I've got to mark it as a demerit in this contest.
    I do have to give props to Ayahuasca for some of the booking decisions we haven't seen much yet, if at all: Lou Reed, Chuck Berry, Violent Femmes, Butthole Surfers, and FC Kahuna. Is FC Kahuna still together? I was strongly considering putting them on my poster but didn't think anyone would give a shit about them.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Gogol Bordello looks like thier name was meant to be written in the Disney font.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I regret not voting for Gold Coast last round.
    Last edited by i_like_cake530; 01-16-2008 at 08:47 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    there are a whopping 40 acts at Cascade who I would like to see, and of those, there are 15 who I would be ecstatic about. Ayahuasca, on the other hand, has 23 total acts who I would be interested in seeing, and I would be excited about 8 of those. The bulk number of acts I'd like to see makes this an easy decision
    Cascade has a lot more acts,tho',and more potential set times conflicts...

Cascade for the film school alone!!!!! (ok except for that joker Barney)

The other poster makes my eyes puke!