Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: The LA Times thinks Justice is playing again

Default The LA Times thinks Justice is playing again

http://latimesblogs.latimes.com/buzz...cab-for-c.html

and I could give a fuck less if this has been posted already

I'm not saying he's right/wrong but it's kind of weird. On one hand I'm assuming they're gonna have a new setup for their new tour, and they weren't nearly this big when they played in '07, but still I just can't see them playing twice!!! What do YOU think?

Default Re: The LA Times thinks Justice is playing again

i would think that the fucking la times is a reputable source...i mean they dont read nme or anything...

justice/louis xiv and a few others all violate the 2 month clause...

but, I wonder if they booked the myspace music show and other shows prior to gv contacting them (assuming the rumor to to be true)...as such didn't have to cancel...

I missed justice last year, will not miss them this year...

then again, i made it to steve aoki last year, I'm not sure what that says about me...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

that be cool, missed them last year, hopefully I'll be able to this time.

Quote Originally Posted by Trick Loves The Kids View Post

I'm not saying he's right/wrong but it's kind of weird. On one hand I'm assuming they're gonna have a new setup for their new tour, and they weren't nearly this big when they played in '07, but still I just can't see them playing twice!!! What do YOU think?
    i think kevin bronson is an attention whore

...but if you want a real comment on it I think that every promoter right now wants to ride the Justice tip until they can't squeeze anymore out of it... so it wouldn't surprise me...

i wonder how many times this will be posted

Good, I hope they play. Was not going to miss Arcade Fire and Blonde Redhead for them last year. And now that I've actually heard the album, they are more of a must-see. I wanted to get tix for their Mayan show, but then I remembered I need to save every cent I can for Coachella, stalking Radiohead, and a new iMac. That, and it's at the Mayan.

Playing Coachella makes sense. It explains why they are playing such an under-sized venue in LA, while they are hitting the biggest venue in NYC.
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I don't think they're actually playing MSG, they're playing a smaller venue connected to it

it doesn't sound right to me either but they have gotten extremely popular lately and a lot of people missed them last year. i already saw justice in october so i wouldn't mind skipping if there is something else worth seeing. i really hope that the unkle prediction is true tho. if they were playing at the same time i would see unkle.

I don't think they're actually playing MSG, they're playing a smaller venue connected to it
    they are playing in the actual Garden as of right now.

didn't see them last year due to other commitments, but might check them out this year.

that being said, how many times have they played CA/Los Angeles the past couple years?

it seems like they're here on a quarterly basis.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

Much to my dismay, I have discovered irrefutable evidence that this LA Times blog is bull. According to their official website UNKLE is parting ways to pursue other interests. Also, if you look at the blog list, they left out Simian Mobile Disco and Sia, who have been confirmed by many sources. In light of this, I doubt Louis XIV and Justice will appear again so soon.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Actually this seems pretty solid, LAtimes don't screw around with Coachella news....and we all guess seeing Justice there again (At least I did in my pool list..)
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I like how he emphasizes "expected" to play Coachella. Not really any backlash if a number of the listed bands are correct and a number aren't. I have to wonder if this guy is just listing some of the most likely/most hyped-up bands from these message boards.

And I also enjoy how he went out on a limb and said they "might be getting a veteran act or two." Really? That sounds nothing like Coachella!

Memorial_07

As most can tell by now, I'm not a fan of electronic music, but I will probably check them out this year.

The best news in the article is that the lineup will be out next week. I was getting nervous that it wouldn't be until Feb. But if it is still next week, does that mean no pre-sale?
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    The Smiths - makes me think bin Laden has a point.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    Actually this seems pretty solid, LAtimes don't screw around with Coachella news....and we all guess seeing Justice there again (At least I did in my pool list..)
    Jesus, your pool has been pretty spot lately.
    "Choke on that Causality!"

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    I don't give a shit if the Killers are playing; I'll watch something else-even if it's watching the poor churro man get trampled by stoners.

Banned

i do value the point of them being much bigger than they were in 07. but their la date is so close to coachella that i just dont see it happening either.

Yeah, but that LA show is sold out and no other shows have been added, despite them being needed. I guess if they aren't in the lineup (next week?) then another show or two will be added?
    7/26 Au Revoir Simone @ The Roxy, 8/1 Arcade Fire, the Unicorns, Dan Deacon at the Forum, 8/2 Burger a-Go-Go, @ Observatory, 8/9 Warpaint @ Observatory, 8/10 Warpaint @ The Ace, 8/23-24 FYF Fest, 9/11 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Chvrches @ Palladium, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

I just have this weird feeling Justice won't be there. However, I am taking it to heart that Portishead and Battles are now confirmed. If Justice are there, then that is cool. But I am seeing them in March, so its not a huge deal.
    But as someone already said, to best part of that article is that it confirms the line up is comming out next week!
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

hmmmm

Does anyone have the ticketmaster presale for the Justice show in San Francisco?
    Cheers-

Maybe James Lavelle is going to do a DJ set under the name Unkle. I have seen him do that before.

As for the list, I am curious about the surprising Veteran act or two.

Quote Originally Posted by baggy751 View Post
    Much to my dismay, I have discovered irrefutable evidence that this LA Times blog is bull. According to their official website UNKLE is parting ways to pursue other interests. Also, if you look at the blog list, they left out Simian Mobile Disco and Sia, who have been confirmed by many sources. In light of this, I doubt Louis XIV and Justice will appear again so soon.
    This doesn't mean anything. The site says Richard hes left the group, which is fine because he didn't even tour with them last year. He is an electronic guy, so I am sure this new direction didn't suit him very well. UNKLE is James Lavelle's baby. They still have tour dates listed until March. Count on the full band tearing it up.
    For your health

edit: damn you luckyface and your nimble fingers.
    "That's the most gangster punk rock shit out there."- Z-Trip showing his love for Paul Tollett

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Maybe James Lavelle is going to do a DJ set under the name Unkle. I have seen him do that before.

As for the list, I am curious about the surprising Veteran act or two.
    No it will be with a live band just like it was on the tour this past fall. Which may I say was fucking awesome. Lavelle and DJ Shadow haven't been working together for some time now.

Justice said they will be at Coachella 08 just not performing. That was the word from their mouth as of New years day.

i hope justice dosnt play again. i saw them at coachella and was dissapointed, so i tried to give them another chance and saw them again at the henry fonda when they came back, and was bored to death!

iam sorry, its just me, and if you think i suck well your probally right! ha!
    IF GOD TAKES LIFE, THEN HES AN INDIAN GIVER!

their show is pretty boring if you're not raving balls off way up front

I doubt Justice are playing again, but if they are, why the hell not. Id love to check them out again. No biggie if they arent there though. Ill just take Prodigy. hehe.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

I didn't come to Coachella last year, and one of my biggest regrets about not going was Justice. I'd be really happy if they played this year.

their show is pretty boring if you're not raving balls off way up front
    i like my balls, i wish to keep them

i will see justice from up front though...

hey in 9 posts you hit 1000...rad
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

I saw the Unkle band at Vegoose.

It was super annoying because there was so much bleed over from Muse on the main stage.

Just imagine 2 walls of sound clashing into each other.

It was just a thought Botrocker, I have no basis on what I was saying. I am cool with James Levelle Djing and the band, they are both awesome to me.

id be down with Beastie Boys headlining and Unkle playing the same day, and Mike D making a guest appearance and doing 'The Knock (Drums of Death, Pt. 2)', that would be sick.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields