Page 3 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

Thread: I Love Craigslist...

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

Default Re: I Love Craigslist...

Quote Originally Posted by Mr.Nipples View Post
    you.are.THE.MAN.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hannahrain View Post
    Will somebody trade their bow ticket for my stern ticket? I have this thing where I get seasick if I'm on the wrong side of the engine room, and it works better with my schedule to be on the front end of the changing time zone.

wow.
    '03 '04 '05 '06 '07 '08 '09 '10 '11 '12 '12 '13 '13

I love the serious inquiries only disclaimer
    '99-'11...

certificate of authenticity...
    win...

looking to purchase:big brother skateboarding magazine back issues. travis bean tb1000s electric guitars.

yo, WTF?!

I don't know if this was posted in here or not, but I thought it was pretty funny. My brother is a notorious zen-master.

this is off craigslist.

Hey Everyone,
    After reading some of the hilarious ads from people both selling and trying to acquire tickets to the 2009 Coachella Music and Arts Festival, I thought I'd share a bit of friendly advice. Most intelligent people would already be aware of these facts, but it's a big world and some of you look like you need a bit of help.

1) 3-Day passes are still on sale through Ticketmaster. If you are trying to sell your 3-day pass for more than face value you are almost as retarded as anyone who considers buying it.
    2) Saturday and Sunday single day tickets are also still on sale through Ticketmaster, so if you're trying to sell tickets for these days at face value + fees, think about how extraordinarily stupid that really is. Do I really want to drive all the way out to Woodland Hills and make a cash exchange for tickets that may or may not be real when I could sit in the comfort of my own and buy the same tickets online for the same fucking price with total consumer security? Drop the prices a bit retards, otherwise it's not even worth the time.
    3) If you send anyone money through Western Union and expect them to mail you tickets and then are shocked to find out that this person may have just scammed you - don't be shocked. You are retarded and you most certainly were scammed.
    4) If you are trying to buy tickets to Friday's show and were dismayed to find that the single day tickets are sold out and everyone on Craigslist is asking a ridiculous amount of money for them, HAVE SOME PATIENCE. Wait until the week before the show to buy your tickets - there will be 3 times as many available on Craigslist and most people selling them will be desperate, so the price will be right. If you're a true Zen-master you'll wait til the day of the show and score one in front of the Polo Fields for pennies, or at the very least buy one for face value at the box office since they WILL release more tickets the day of the event.

So there you have it, folks. Thanks for playing. If in the coming weeks I notice that the ads for Coachella tics are slightly less clueless then my work here was not in vain.

Young blood

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/etc/1111546280.html

Reply to: job-ycvnc-1111546280@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-04-07, 11:47AM PDT
    VOLUNTEER RESEARCH SUBJECTS NEEDED (San Francisco)

Experienced Meth Users Needed!

For a 7-day outpatient 7-day inpatient study investigating the physical and mental effects of methamphetamine.

You may be eligible if you are:

1. At least 18 years old.

2. In good physical and mental health.

3. Experienced with methamphetamine.

Addiction Pharmacology Research Laboratory
    California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute at St. Luke’s Hospital
    Cesar Chavez and Valencia St., San Francisco

For more information, please call
    415-641-3370 weekdays 8:30am - 5:30pm or leave a message.
    Ask for Study 1H

Reimbursement offered.

* Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
    * Please, no phone calls about this job!
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.

They've been running that one for so long I've considered picking up a meth habit to qualify and collect.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    You were right. I was wrong.

I'll sit in the interview chair and cross my legs and say, "oh I've dabbled with a little meth."

I hate craigslist.

A+ gimmick. Top of the line.

Young blood

Its nice that they offer to reimburse your meth.

Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post

They have to realize how stupid that is.

Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/etc/1111546280.html

Reply to: job-ycvnc-1111546280@craigslist.org [Errors when replying to ads?]
    Date: 2009-04-07, 11:47AM PDT
    VOLUNTEER RESEARCH SUBJECTS NEEDED (San Francisco)

For a 7-day outpatient 7-day inpatient study investigating the physical and mental effects of methamphetamine.

1. At least 18 years old.

3. Experienced with methamphetamine.

Addiction Pharmacology Research Laboratory
    California Pacific Medical Center Research Institute at St. Luke’s Hospital
    Cesar Chavez and Valencia St., San Francisco

For more information, please call
    415-641-3370 weekdays 8:30am - 5:30pm or leave a message.
    Ask for Study 1H

Reimbursement offered.

* Please, no phone calls about this job!
    * Please do not contact job poster about other services, products or commercial interests.
    Quote Originally Posted by real talk View Post
    I'll sit in the interview chair and cross my legs and say, "oh I've dabbled with a little meth."
    Christ, they could throw me into their experimental maze and I'll show them how to rebuild it!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

it cracked me up that shes kicking it on the couch.

http://sfbay.craigslist.org/sfc/hsh/1142632735.html

Clean microwave in good condition

Price $120
    WTF?!

sexy... where do I sign up?

craigslist ended my life
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Coachella Junkie

I am proud to say that the listing on the first post is from my hometown.

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I'm hoping you weren't "that guy" from Hunter's, GPS!
    Lordy, lordy, I thought the nasty ones only hung out at Dinks! From what I've gathered from Craigslist, Dinks stinks...True, or not?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Reasons why I should be your girl: The punk/alternative edition.
    Date: 2009-07-16, 2:48AM

If you opened this post, chances are, you're curious as to what the title alludes to. Just to put this out there, I'm real - not a bot-generated pseudo sexpot trying to stick your computer with some of the e-herpes.
    I'm sick of dating insipid, ungrateful assholes. I'm not going to spew a bunch of bullshit like other ads saying that "OMG I NEED A REEEALL MAAN WHO CAN TAKE CARE OF MEEE". Truth is, I'm in college, you're (hopefully) between the ages of 18-23, and probably don't have a 9 to 5 white-collar job with a 401k that pays enough for you to drive your badass porsche. And you know what? That's fine with me.

Anyway. Onto the whole "reasons" portion of my ad. I will give it to you in list form because that seems better than assaulting you with a wall of text.

1. I am smart enough to use big words in appropriate situations.
    2. I have a mohawk. A fairly large mohawk, a few piercings, and can sport a pretty unpleasant scowl when necessary. no one's going to fuck with you if they see your girlfriend's some punkass bitch that could probably curbstomp their head in, right?
    3. I am a legit bisexual, I've dated girls before. That means I've been on your side of this whole "relationship" thing. I am not going to try and imprison you with my compulsive girly insecurities. I'm not going to make you stop hanging out with your friends or prevent you from going to shows. I won't even tell you to stop guzzling nasty PBR or to put that fatass joint down long enough to have a coherent conversation. And I'm certainly not going to bitch about it to my other lady friends behind your back (unless you fail to share said fatass joint with me.)
    4. I am well-read. I am very familiar with most pop-culture references (especially ones that deal with retro shit- my specialty.) so on the off chance that you're sober enough to drop some laugh-inducing reference to a terrible 80's move you saw when watching TNT the other day, I WILL ACTUALLY GET IT.
    6. I love movies. I love HORROR movies, and the older/low-budget they are, the better. I think films such as Braindead, Army of Darkness, or Nekromantik are fucking hilarious. That means that you won't have to worry about spending precious money on movie theater dates, because chances are, I already bought/legally obtained that shit. The only exception would fall under Rocky Horror midnight showings.
    7. I can sew and paint. That means I can make awesome patches of your favorite crust bands, then sew them onto your totally awesome punk rock jacket for you. I can also do deathrock, anarcho, and most psychobilly logos, too.
    8. Remember the bisexual thing? I'm not going to bitch when you remark about how Kat Von D/Bettie Paige/Patricia Day/[insert other pinup model name here] is totally bangin'. In fact, I'll most likely agree with you and then continue painting the Crass symbol onto the back of your favorite black t-shirt.
    9. I'm loyal. Do you know how hard it is to come accross a guy like you? Of course you don't. So if you really are the one-in-a-million, smart, funny, attractive, punkass shithead that I'm looking for, I will not be looking elsewhere. I promise!
    10. I can cook anything for you, as long as a microwave is involved at some point.
    11. Are you computer retarded? No problem. I pretty much rule at computers and can probably fix it for you! How useful is that?!
    12. I enjoy the smell of cigarette smoke. Being a smoker isn't a necessity, but if you do smoke, that's pretty damn hot, so I'm not going to bitch at you to quit.
    13. I am impressed by the little things. You don't have to buy me shit to make me happy. You don't have to clean up nice and take me out to a semi-fancy restaurant. You can continue to spit on the ground, make sarcastic remarks about how society "conforms to generalizations created by capitalist pigs", and laugh about skull-fucking dead babies. Being yourself is good enough. Just be able to come around and see me every once in a while, k?

Hope that covers everything. If I'm the sort of classy broad that's worth your time, please feel free to message. I have a myspace, your pic gets mine, etc.

Coachella Junkie WhyTheLongFace's Avatar

Besides the mohawk, cigs and the fact that she is on craigslist she could be a winner
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    Wake me up when Steve Angello wants me to make some fucking noise

I've found that posting an ad on Craiglist, simply to elicit responses, just to see what type of insanity lurks out there is an extremely entertaining social experiment.
    '99-'11...

wow, man. posted two ads on friday about free stuff. i dont have it anymore. with in 20 min of the first post, a lady shows up in a pick-up to take everything. EVERYTHING!!! her truck was loaded. i worded the add as to suggest it wouldnt be out until the morning. this was at 1030pm. she ended up leaving the adult magazines. funny, huh. so i pull that add and post a new one. "Adult Magazines" again, 20 mins later some dude shows up with 3 other guys in the car. pulled pretty quick, so i put my hand in pocket where i have my knife. its dark out and they rolled up pretty quick, just being cautious. dude gets out and with the funniest enthusiasm and excitement in his voice...

"Hey, you still got those magazines?"

"yeah, over here."

"cool. got anything else?"

no, its all gone."

"ok, thanks."

"bye"

there were a total of 4 grown men in the fucking car. this happened at like 1130pm.

you helped facilitate a midnight circle jerk...nice work!
    '99-'11...

Quote Originally Posted by nathanfairchild View Post
    Has Pitchfork revealed it's top 200 covers by Arcade Fire yet?

Quote Originally Posted by humanoid View Post
    you helped facilitate a midnight circle jerk...nice work!

pretty much. it was fucking weird.