Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst 12345678 LastLast

Thread: Attention new people-how to avoid getting flamed!

Default Re: Attention new people-how to avoid getting flamed!

What would be good is if new registration was just banned for the month of January. It sounds kind of harsh, but think of all the detritus it would cut back on.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

old school

Quote Originally Posted by captncrzy View Post
    trying to help and keep down some of the negativity (from myself, included)
    I forgive you captn. As long as you were trying to keep the negativity down. I don't know if you have heard, but I'm here to do the same thing!
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

Quote Originally Posted by nahzt View Post
    i'm with shyguy. Not everyone knows how to expertly navigate their way around this inconsequential message board. Just because you have nothing better to do with your life than to gallivant around internet message boards all day posting pictures that say "FAIL" on them whenever someone posts something you interpret as repetitive makes YOU the failure. Get a job and a life. And go outside once in a while. Because when you're old and grey, and looking back at your life, the time you sat on your computer creating "tutorials" for "noobs" on message boards will probably account for the low point.
    You fail to realize that many of us post here while at work.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    In his defense I do remember there being an upsurge of black coworker on white coworker exlaxings in LA after Rodney King.

Amneeziac

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post

Hey everyone. My brother's friend's life-partner works for Goldenvoice and I was able to get this sneak-peak at the lineup poster. LOOK, RADIOHEAD IS HEADLINING SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

BTW, why does it say "lurker" next to my avitar. Isn't a lurker a crackhead that hangs out in front of the 711 pan-handling for change? Seems kind of unfair to label me just cause I'm new to this forum. Just a thought. Anyways, no need to thank me for the lineup - the music shall be my reward. God bless.....
    For the record, I am not this person's brother's friend's life-partner, nor do I work for Goldenvoice. And yes, I make it my personal mission to respond to as many posts as possible in which this poster is mentioned.

Good day.

best thread ever! if only for the fact that it turned into a flame war before most people got finished reading the original post.

my take on it is that, for the most part... long-term message board residents are elitist assholes on good days... you could post something completly relevant or something completly non-sensical and you're more than likely to get flamed equally either way. but it's a rite of passage. Each one of those elitist fucks got treated just the same as i'm gonna get treated and as any other "newbie" is gonna get treated and we can either suck it up and laugh it off or fuck off. But if you stick around long enough you'll get to the point where you can be the prick. Me, I don't care either way. I'm not here to impress anybody and i'm not here to NOT impress anybody either. I'll do my thing and how ever it's taken if fine and dandy with me.

I'm here because last year I spent what could possibly be the best three days of my life at Coachella and most days all I can think about is when i'll be there again. I'll tell ya though, it is kinda sad that the community representing that wonderful time of year doesn't even come close to having the same feeling... actually inspires the exact opposite of what Coachella stands for.

Quote Originally Posted by ao3333 View Post
    best thread ever! if only for the fact that it turned into a flame war before most people got finished reading the original post.

my take on it is that, for the most part... long-term message board residents are elitist assholes on good days... you could post something completly relevant or something completly non-sensical and you're more than likely to get flamed equally either way. but it's a rite of passage. Each one of those elitist fucks got treated just the same as i'm gonna get treated and as any other "newbie" is gonna get treated and we can either suck it up and laugh it off or fuck off. But if you stick around long enough you'll get to the point where you can be the prick. Me, I don't care either way. I'm not here to impress anybody and i'm not here to NOT impress anybody either. I'll do my thing and how ever it's taken if fine and dandy with me.

I'm here because last year I spent what could possibly be the best three days of my life at Coachella and most days all I can think about is when i'll be there again. I'll tell ya though, it is kinda sad that the community representing that wonderful time of year doesn't even come close to having the same feeling... actually inspires the exact opposite of what Coachella stands for.
    Easy solution to your problems:

Don't post bullshit threads about Pearl Jam being confirmed that aren't even witty and then go crying all over the board like a little girl with a skinned knee and shit about how people just flame everyone for no reason.
    Last edited by TonyWonder; 01-17-2008 at 02:37 PM.

old school

Quote Originally Posted by ao3333 View Post
    I'll tell ya though, it is kinda sad that the community representing that wonderful time of year doesn't even come close to having the same feeling... actually inspires the exact opposite of what Coachella stands for.
    Amen
    Lick an orange, it tastes like an orange. Lick a pineapple, it tastes like a pineapple. Go ahead, try it. Try some more. The strawberries taste like strawberries. The snozzberries taste like snozzberries! We are the music makers, and we are the dreamers of dreams. Come along, come along.

You have to hang around here a lot longer to get the "feeling."
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by TonyWonder View Post
    Easy solution to your problems:

Don't post bullshit threads about Pearl Jam being confirmed that aren't even witty and then go crying all over the board like a little girl with a skinned knee and shit about how people just flame everyone for no reason.
    haha. you think i'm not aware that that thread was neither a) needed nor b) funny? I just wanted to see what type of reaction it'd get (got what I was looking for by the way). And please point out where in my post i'm "whining or crying"? I'm just pointing out a simple fact that the majority of people who frequent this (or any other message board for that matter) are elitist pricks... yourself most definetly included. Do I care that you think you're better than me because you've ("you" is a generalization of course) been here longer or got a couple more posts than me? Do those qualification prove anything? Not in the least. I don't care if I get flamed? You (in this case you in particular), sir, matter so little to me that i'm not even going to finis...

old school

ShyGuy would like the record to show that he never would have taken that tone or gave the Hogan boot to captcrzy if he had known she was a girl, and for that, he apologizes.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post
    ShyGuy would like the record to show that he never would have taken that tone or gave the Hogan boot to captcrzy if he had known she was a girl, and for that, he apologizes.
    Meh. I say take the apology back. The internet is ambiguous... net chivalry can't be dead if it never existed in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by ShyGuy75 View Post

Bah. Don't worry about it.

I did cry, though. And eat chocolate ice cream under the covers a'la Bridget Jones.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

old school

No ao, the message stands for the high school males it was intended for, and they know who they are. Woman and children getting maimed by crossfire is never a good thing.

And they chivalry is dead....awww.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Having been around this and the old board for awhile (though I do not post often) I have to say this board has gotten very hostile as of late. I agree that it is really annoying with all the really bad threads and posts but in some situations there are people with the best intentions that do not deserve to be flamed. This board is advertised on myspace as well as Coachella.com as a place to discuss thus drawing in many people and some of them may not frequent message boards and know the common protocal. Give some people a break. If they continue their idiocy then flame away.

This board is more hostile than craigslist rants and raves.

Quote Originally Posted by kingsblend420 View Post
    This board is more hostile than craigslist rants and raves.
    True enough. But i'm gonna take a step back from my original stance and say that it's understandable for this particular environment to be hostile. Mostly considering it's that time of year, long term residents have to deal with an explosion of non-sense (myself included in partaking in said non-sense.. yes i'm an ass). I even wanna shout at the computer screen every time I see that fucking poster with David Bowie at the top (but Rilo Kiley is on there too, so I just think of Jenny Lewis and smile .

I mean last year's Coachella got huge amounts of attendance and huge amounts of coverage due to a certain reunion and if anyone hadn't heard of the festival before, well, yeah... you get me. Once something official comes out it'll all cool down i'm sure. I JUST WANT THE FUCKING LINE-UP!!!!............................................ .(calm again)

uh i think the bottom line is...

this is the COACHELLA message board

if you think you have/need some info on coachella, THE BOARD ALREADY HAS THE ANSWER. IT KNOWS BEFORE YOU DO.

the board is smarter than you. accept it.

whiney pain in butt

<--- not really since it's a sticky

but if i believed in sigs, there are many to take from this thread alone.

Finally, a thread for all of you posters with severe superiority complexes to feel more superior.

Dammit. I'm a nOOb again.

Anyways, i'll contribute something to this thread at least. Here's a funny video for how not to be 'that guy'. http://www.buzzlife.com/forums/showthread.php?t=45863

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

oh god.
    best/worst spambump ever

this was a fun thread - it was fun seeing the board's old color , too

heh. hold your color!

Jesus, weird spambump.

there have been a lot lately...
    it's weird. when I joined the board, I don't remember there being any spam at all

dont post.

excuse me? I'm not bitching about the spam, it's an observation.
    wtf dude? what's your beef with me today?

hahaha. i didnt even read your post. im sorry, i just read the title and posted. calm down piligrim, you're cool in my book whether i agree with you on something or not and whether you like it or not.

edit: also, the pill popping thing was total sarcasm.

edit2: but i must confess, now i wanna mess with you cause you think i am. but im not, and i wont. but damn its tempting. its like my rectal itch, i just wanna scratch it sometimes.
    Last edited by marooko; 09-29-2008 at 08:55 AM.

no worries, I figured it might be a misunderstanding. now I understand exactly what you meant, and I wholeheartedly agree :P

thought you might still be in a bad mood over de-tagification.

high five, buddy