Page 1 of 8 123456 ... LastLast

Thread: Attention new people-how to avoid getting flamed!

Default Attention new people-how to avoid getting flamed!

2011 update on navigating the boardz and not getting your feelings hurt.

1) You should know that the Coachella message board members are VERY QUICK about finding and posting information related to Coachella. We already know just about everything that is going on. We know before CoS, we usually know before Monklish, etc. So if you think you’ve learned something new, search before you post it.

2) If the lineup isn’t out yet, and you see a lineup poster on any other site than Coachella.com, it’s a fake poster.

3) Nothing is confirmed until the official lineup comes out. Many a dream has been crushed by inflated lineup rumors. Calm down. The real lineup will be out soon enough. Also, if you tell us that someone you know has a dad, mom, boyfriend, husband, girlfriend or whatever that works for Goldenvoice and they told you that so-and-so is playing, we probably aren't going to believe you. So don't get butthurt when we tell you so.

4) We don't know when the lineup will be released, when the poster will be up, why the poster isn't organized the way you like it, or who will be added after the lineup is out. We don't know. I repeat, we don't know. And you don't know either-so don't claim you do. If you feel the need to ask, try utilizing the search function (see below). It's probably already been asked and answered 500 times.

5) Its imperative that you learn some of the functions of the board; primarily, the search function and reading the FAQs.

Searching

Step 1: the search button is located in the upper right hand side of your screen. Clicking on it will bring up a search window.

Step 2: the search window allows you to enter a string of text, and then allows you to search for your information by thread or by individual post. As you can see from the example, I am doing a search to see if anyone here knows anything about Kings of Leon. I have entered "Kings of Leon" into the text box, and have selected "show threads". Click on Go.

WTF? 500+ threads with Kings of Leon in them?

Step 3: Let's try doing a more comprehensive search. Go back to where you before, and instead of entering a string of text, click on Advanced Search.

Step 4: This search window is broken into four areas:

Area 1) Enter a string of text that represents the band you are looking for information on. In this instance, I have entered "Kings of Leon”.

Area 2) If you are looking for information posted by a particular person, you can enter that person's board name here. I have not entered anything.

Area 3) This area allows you to further narrow your search. You can find threads that have a certain number of replies, find threads or posts based on age, and determine how you want your results displayed.

Area 4) This final area allows you to look in certain sections of the board for information.

Click on Search

Step 5: Hey now! 22 threads have the words Kings of Leon in the title. And it's still early! It even shows them in date order so you know you're reading the most current information available! Very nice!

FAQ

Read the FAQ before posting questions like "Can I bring in alcohol?", "Where should I stay?” etc. They've done a pretty good job of putting together every damn thing you could possibly want to know. Don't clutter up the board your retardation.

To get to the FAQ, click on the link in the bar at the top of the page:

Here, you can search the FAQ or browse the topics.

A word about the ignore function

There are many assholes here. I tend to be one of them. If you decide you don’t want to read the musings of these assholes, you can put them on ignore.

Click on the person’s name

Click on “View Public Profile”

When you are taken to the public profile, click on “User Lists” and then “Add to Ignore List”

There, you’re done.

This concludes your tutorial to the Coachella message board. Don't be scared-just don't be stupid.
    Last edited by captncrzy; 01-11-2011 at 07:22 AM.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Default Re: Attention new people-how to avoid getting flamed!

Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

Thank you. Now I feel like I'm one step closer to not going to hell when I die.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

No serously, nice post. Just taking the time to do that is being nice.

I know who is going to hell by the way.... they call him....

Thelastgreatman.

Satan confirmed him for the 2008 line up

I'm going to hell? Really? You deduced that all on your own? Next time just use the search function. But you've jumped to a commanding lead for most unwanted board newcomer of 2008 from what I've seen of your work thus far. Keep it up, we need more morons around here. Really. It's a short supply.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I like how the first thread to show up with "the Breeders" in it is the camping all alone thread.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I'm going to hell? Really? You deduced that all on your own? Next time just use the search function. But you've jumped to a commanding lead for most unwanted board newcomer of 2008 from what I've seen of your work thus far. Keep it up, we need more morons around here. Really. It's a short supply.
    Hey man, don't u have any sense of humor? i don't go busting ur balls when u start talking shit about me. and besides, u don't like ANY newcomers. but hey, hate me. there are many cool people here.

The fact of the matter is no matter what you do here you are bound to get flamed eventually.

When I get flamed I just go with the flow, it seems to be more annoying if you keep answering the flame than giving up or resorting to name calling.

I don't have problems with newcomers. You have been pretty obnoxious though. I should know, I practically define the term. I could go find specific incidences where you just made me go, "Jesus Christ, kid, hang back and watch a bit before you start stirring up shit with the wrong people," but I don't care that much.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

You have done a wonderful job here but I honestly don't think this is going to stop anyone from starting new threads recommending Radiohead for 08.

good job. This should be stickied at the top of every different forum section. Also I feel the fact that PF stickied this is a spit in the face of PT...ahahahahaha.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

how is it a spit in the face to pt ? i dont get it.
    .................................................. ..............
    She added the phrase "meany head" to my profile.
    I hardly think I'm an attention whore.
    I train birds of prey and am I licensed falconer

I don't know; I think Passive started something similar and wanted it stickied and you didn't do it or something.

But his didn't have the cool pictures.

Quote Originally Posted by psychic friend View Post
    how is it a spit in the face to pt ? i dont get it.
    yeah captn got it right. He wanted you to sticky his thread about what not to talk about on this board.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

I was thinking of doing this... but I was far too lazy.

Great job captain crazy! And thank you for making this a sticky Dani.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I like the screen shots. Thumbs up, Jen.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Does this mean it's over between us, Randy?
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

now all that has to happen is for new people to actually read this

Nice. I wish the search function was better though. Your tutorial proves it's kind of shitty.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Perhaps captcrzy should also explain the "Ignore" function...It's for those that have issues with the diversity of posters on an open message board...
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Three cheers for captncrzy! Hip hip, hooray!
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Oh, wait! Would someone please pass that on to captcrzy since she has me on ignore and won't see that...

lol...nice tutorial...good job

but wait, if they don't search before posting...

what makes us think they will read?

lord knows i dont search before posting...
    "It began as a mistake" - Charles Bukowski

Wanted:
    1. Nachos
    2. Puppies

Hey everyone. My brother's friend's life-partner works for Goldenvoice and I was able to get this sneak-peak at the lineup poster. LOOK, RADIOHEAD IS HEADLINING SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

BTW, why does it say "lurker" next to my avitar. Isn't a lurker a crackhead that hangs out in front of the 711 pan-handling for change? Seems kind of unfair to label me just cause I'm new to this forum. Just a thought. Anyways, no need to thank me for the lineup - the music shall be my reward. God bless.....

Quote Originally Posted by bobert View Post

Hey everyone. My brother's friend's life-partner works for Goldenvoice and I was able to get this sneak-peak at the lineup poster. LOOK, RADIOHEAD IS HEADLINING SATURDAY NIGHT!!!!!!!

BTW, why does it say "lurker" next to my avitar. Isn't a lurker a crackhead that hangs out in front of the 711 pan-handling for change? Seems kind of unfair to label me just cause I'm new to this forum. Just a thought. Anyways, no need to thank me for the lineup - the music shall be my reward. God bless.....
    Thank you.. you're the first with the line up..

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    good job. This should be stickied at the top of every different forum section. Also I feel the fact that PF stickied this is a spit in the face of PT...ahahahahaha.
    Bah, that topics on the 3rd page by now, and I nowhere near have the patience nor computer graphics expertise to orchestrate a tutorial like capncrazy did, kudos to her and kudos to this topic.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

I really hope bobert is joking.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    I really hope bobert is joking.
    In my opinion, bobert is clearly an alias with an impaired sense of humor.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Wait...Radiohead isn't playing?