View Poll Results: how often do you wear earplugs at concerts?

Voters
340. You may not vote on this poll
  • never

133 39.12%
  • usually never, but I'll make the odd exception

85 25.00%
  • 25%

18 5.29%
  • 50%

29 8.53%
  • 75%

42 12.35%
  • always

33 9.71%
Page 4 of 11 FirstFirst 123456789 ... LastLast

Thread: earplugs?

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

Default Re: earplugs?

nope, the girl's just fine at the moment.
    although I'll admit when she's got PMS I usually show the stress more than she does

Quote Originally Posted by frozen pilgrim View Post
    ask headstruck why he'd being an idiot
    Headstruck is my homeslice! I'm gay for him

Quote Originally Posted by HEADSTRUCK View Post
    you lose 8 points my love
    Don't worry, Ally. He fucking took off some of my points when I told him I never heard chemical bros. or prodigy before. Your point system needs to be revised Marky!
    Quote Originally Posted by Wayne Coyne
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

I wear the foam ones about 75% of the time. Usually people ask me where they can get some. But it ends up being my friends that harass me about it. The best comment ever from a friend was "Why do you wear those? It's like having sex with a condom on I, I won't do it!" I had to laugh at that. But in all seriousness, depending on the venue and the band, earplugs can mean the difference between a comfortable nights sleep after the show or a miserable ringing sensation for 2-3 days. In small places with bands that really like to play loud, I wear them 100% of the time. In outdoor venues, when I am sitting a bit further back, and the band has their sound pretty much dialed (i.e. Radiohead at the Santa Barbara Bowl), I can enjoy the show without much damage. Ears are pretty sensitive things and being a surfer in central/northern California, I already expose them to so much wind and cold water that I figure the least I could do is minimize impacts during loud shows.

ask headstruck why he'd being an idiot and making idiotic blanket statements about people using hearing protection based on maintaining his own mental fallacy.
    fucking meth-head piece of shit
    i guess if you dont agree with everyone on a msg board you are an idiot meth head
    I use traktor 3
    there you go ass face......

oh snap!
    Quote Originally Posted by RotationSlimWang View Post
    the only cocks I suck belong to black women.
    Quote Originally Posted by TommyboyUNM View Post
    We use the term "Off-roading" when we wanna go down on a guy with a freakish bush. "Randy, should I throw some Nair to my patch?" "Nah, brah, I wanna go off-roading"

Why wasn't I offered any meth at coachella, Mark?
    People treat Arcade Fire like they're the greatest thing ever and they get away with it.

wow. you completely failed to read ANOTHER post. you have reading comprehension issues.
    yes. in the context of a laptop in the campground, I will be using traktor 3, spinning four decks on an emulated XONE:92. at home, I use two tech 12s, reason 3 on one PC, and traktor on another as only my third and fourth decks/some effects emulation.

and since you're an illiterate methamphetamine addict, I'm not continuing this.

Quote Originally Posted by sbessiso View Post
    Headstruck is my homeslice! I'm gay for him

!
    like ross and rachael

Will we or won't we?? Tune in next week and find out!

wow. you completely failed to read ANOTHER post. you have reading comprehension issues.
    yes. in the context of a laptop in the campground, I will be using traktor 3, spinning four decks on an emulated XONE:92. at home, I use two tech 12s, reason 3 on one PC, and traktor on another as only my third and fourth decks/some effects emulation.

and since you're an illiterate methamphetamine addict, I'm not continuing this.
    I've never heard of "tracktor", and ocne again, you ahve no idea what you're talking about.
    I though you never heard of it???? exactly

going on and making lies up about my drug use is real cool and will get you far in life

Will we or won't we?? Tune in next week and find out!
    2 bad you werent here for halloween so we could go as them

you spelled traktor wrong. it was a joke. but you have trouble reading, so you missed that.
    and I'll bet fifty bucks you do meth.

good lord. honestly, if you'd just taken the time ot actually read all of what you were responding to, and if you'd made an effort to make sense, we wouldn't be arguing. but like I said, you're lazy and ignorant

i thought you were done?? lol

cmon you knew what i was talking about.....how would i know how to spell a program that i wouldnt use? 50$? Thats a bet, plenty of people here know me and what drugs i do so ask then send me my 50$

good lord. honestly, if you'd just taken the time ot actually read all of what you were responding to, and if you'd made an effort to make sense, we wouldn't be arguing. but like I said, you're lazy and ignorant
    the thing is I dont care and you got so worked up I have to have some fun with you or being on this board would be a wash

except I'm not worked up.
    I'm AT work.
    when will people learn that CAPS LOCK DOES NOT EQUAL YELLING and that generally, intelligent people don't actually get themselves red in the face over a message board.

you're still illiterate.

2 bad you werent here for halloween so we could go as them
    do you have any decent jennifer aniston looking wigs? My Ross impression needs some work but I think it could pass

except I'm not worked up.
    I'm AT work.
    when will people learn that CAPS LOCK DOES NOT EQUAL YELLING and that generally, intelligent people don't actually get themselves red in the face over a message board.

you're still illiterate.
    and you still owe me 50$ bucks and dj on trakktor or whatever its called

do you have any decent jennifer aniston looking wigs? My Ross impression needs some work but I think it could pass
    why am i the chick??? LOL!!! I will find one for next year cause I think you will be back here for halloween next year

and you still owe me 50$ bucks and dj on trakktor or whatever its called
    you really are retarded.

and you know what's hilarious? I'd wipe the floor with your ass if it came down to a DJ battle in any genre. not that I'd let myself get close enough to you for that to ever happen

anytime kid.......i been djing twice as long as you and producing for the same so whenevers clever

traktor>>>>>top loading cd players.
    you really don't understand technology, do you

edit: blech. let's get over this. we obviously have some similar interests. let's just agree to disagree on earplugs, and agree to agree that DJing is hella fun.

back on topic:
    best earplugs= ultimate ears. once you have the casts made, you can get filters from 7 to 33 dB. also, the filters are specifically attenuated to high-level music, and they give you a perfectly transparent frequency reponse- excellent for DJing, engineering, or playing live in a floor-monitored situation. I, sadly, no longer own a pair, thanks to a crackhead at a venue who sprinted off with them. I guess he thought he could force them to fit somehow?
    Last edited by frozen pilgrim; 10-16-2008 at 10:27 AM.

Pilgrim, why do you turn every thread into a pissing contest/shouting match?

it's getting old.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

I don't associate with illiterates
    also, traktor>>>>>top loading cd players.
    you really don't understand technology, do you
    then why do you keep talking to me??
    of course i dont....I really dont think you know who your talking 2 do you?

Quote Originally Posted by disgustipated View Post
    Pilgrim, why do you turn every thread into a pissing contest/shouting match?

it's getting old.
    cause he thinks hes something hes not.......i bet he was one of those kids that got picked on and now he going on the interwebz 2 show how tough and elite he is on the INTERNET
    Last edited by HEADSTRUCK; 10-16-2008 at 10:31 AM.

Pilgrim, you need to step back, realize that every time you say that it's only a message board and that you aren't worked up, that maybe your constantly overwrought posts are exactly what you think you're arguing against. Every time I see a post from you it's either something berating someone for not having good enough reading comprehension (which is usually false) or saying that they're making themselves look bad on the board, or saying that you aren't that worked up. Stop chasing your tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

a) what exactly are you implying I "think I am"?
    b) headstruck, you're the one that came in this thread and said, quote:
    "Dont care, if you cant handle loud music go home and listen to it on your ipod........ "
    that statement, is ignorant, insulting, and in fact, potentially harmful to other people. it's just incorrect on so many counts, and wasn't a valid response to anything in the thread. you were trolling. either that, or you were just refusing to read what you were responding to, and acting like the lurkers that make this forum impossible at times.
    -I can handle loud music. that's why I brought up DJing, and you, not me, tarted a pissing contest over DJing, based on my using traktor, that wasn't even a valid argument to begin with, as I'm not restricted to software.
    -people who use earplugs are not sissies, although people who use earplugs intended for airplanes or construction, or with too high a decibel reduction are missing out on a lot of the experience
    -discouraging people from using hearing protection is totally counter-intuitive as someone who supposedly loves music. people go deaf at different levels, and as a rule, if it hurts, you need hearing protection. just make sure to get the right kind, so it doesn't wreck the music for you.

I've had no beefs with you previously, but I guess you just picked to day to be a total jackass about this subject, and it happens to be a subject I'm both knowledgeable and passionate about, and that frankly is important when we're talking about coachella, and I wasn't prepared to just walk away and let you spread a bunch of lies. that's why I made that dumb crack about you telling us it was okay to stare at a solar eclipse with the naked eye.

This...

Dont care, if you cant handle loud music go home and listen to it on your ipod........

did not warrant this...

you're a moron.

I've spent five years playing in bands, going to concerts, working sound and lights at concerts, and more recently, DJing. I can fucking handle loud music.
    did you not just read what I said about not wearing plugs through being up front at aphex twin?
    wait, of course you didn't read it. you're an idiot. soon to be a deaf idiot. I didn't even say I wore plugs at concerts ONCE. honestly, you fucking idiotic people... how hard is it to read what you're allegedly responding to? you are what's wrong with humanity: unabridged, unabashed ignorance and laziness. you are responsible for 9/11.

where was he referring to you?

Bmack is right. Stop chasing your tail.
    Quote Originally Posted by Young blood View Post
    Stop being a pussy should be the answer to all of life's problems. It has worked for me so far.

If people make a choice not to wear ear plugs because of me and what is said on this board they should go deaf......

You keep making personal attacks on me and that is a dumb choice on your part. dont expect me to be anything but an asshole here or at coachella when your camping group is put next to mine.

cause he thinks hes something hes not.......i bet he was one of those kids that got picked on and now he going on the interwebz 2 show how tough and elite he is on the INTERNET
    that is what 2/3 of the boards are man. fucking PUNK ASS Bitches, who wouldn't say 3/4 of what they say on the WEBS, in real life.