Thread: Osheaga Festival

Default Re: Osheaga Festival

Jack Johnson and the Killers headlining??

I don't think I could make it alive through this festival.

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    Jack Johnson and the Killers headlining??

I don't think I could make it alive through this festival.
    this indeed an odd year for festivals and their headliners ..x***
    Have Another Hit Of Colorado Sunshine

Sebastien Tellier though. Always a plus.

It seems like we haven't heard much from Iggy and the Stooges in a while..

i dont think id go...but some decent acts on there. Sebastian Tellier, Gogol, Matt Costa, MGMT, Iggy Pop!
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Coachella Junkie

The Jack Johnson plague strikes again.

Iggy & The Stooges billed below the Killers makes me a sad Panda.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by betao View Post
    The Jack Johnson plague strikes again.
    Yeah, he finally crossed the border... Canada BEWARE!!

I know the question has been asked on here many MANY times but, just how did he gain headliner status?!

Is he really a headliner? I'm not referring to the fact that most people with any genuine love and knowledge of music consider his songs anathema. I'm just fucking baffled! Does he actually put asses in seats, he sells tickets?

I mean that mutherfucker is headlining 80% of all festivals in 08 it seems. How did this happen, who made the decision, who the fuck is his manager?
    Years Attended:

Quote Originally Posted by thedevious View Post
    I know the question has been asked on here many MANY times but, just how did he gain headliner status?!

Is he really a headliner? I'm not referring to the fact that most people with any genuine love and knowledge of music consider his songs anathema. I'm just fucking baffled! Does he actually put asses in seats, he sells tickets?
    When I tell people who's playing Coachella, a lot of them say "I'd like to see Jack Johnson" but these are the same people who aren't actually going -- nobody I know that's going wants to see him.

I second this question, does he actually fill seats? Seems like a radio-only kinda artist.

Coachella Junkie

Quote Originally Posted by suprefan View Post
    Yeah, he finally crossed the border... Canada BEWARE!!
    uh oh, its only a matter of time before he sneaks up on the V-fests over there as well as Pemberton. Heads up Canada, the evil force is in your neck of the woods.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post
    When I tell people who's playing Coachella, a lot of them say "I'd like to see Jack Johnson" but these are the same people who aren't actually going -- nobody I know that's going wants to see him.
    I run into the very same thing. Maybe we all just live in similarly self-created microcosms of music freaks.

Or maybe JJ is THE WRONG CHOICE FOR THIS FESTIVAL.

Quote Originally Posted by Kurosawa View Post

I second this question, does he actually fill seats? Seems like a radio-only kinda artist.
    It's funny... I'm going with two people, and they were the exact opposite. Their response, "Who the fuck is Jack Johnson? I've never heard of him".

I don't understand how he made headliner status. But, whatever.

There's a neat little lineup guessing game going on on their website right now. I only managed 24%...

www.osheaga.com

losheaga music festival.jpg

lovin' this lineup. Can anybody thats been to this festival tell me what it's like?
    Outkast, Broken Bells, Bonobo, Flume, Jagwar Ma, Shlohmo, Grouplove, Duke Dumont, the Preatures
    Lorde, Foster the People, the Head and the Heart, CHVRCHES, Temples, Bombay Bicycle Club, Holy Ghost!, Blood Orange, the Magician
    Arcade Fire, Beck, Disclosure, Rudimental, STRFKR, Trombone Shorty, Poolside, Classixx, Aeroplane

Quote Originally Posted by rs.paris View Post
    losheaga music festival.jpg

lovin' this lineup. Can anybody thats been to this festival tell me what it's like?
    My wife and I went Friday last year to see the Cure. Phoenix and Vampire Weekend warmed-up for them. Also got to see Jake Bugg and the Head and the Heart. It was worth the five hour drive drive.

We bought single day passes online. Yes, single day passes!

Transportation was easy. Our downtown hotel was one block from Metro. We walked to old Montreal and took a scenic ferry ride to the venue and Metro ride back to our hotel. Late night poutine and box wine capped our grand evening.

Everyone spoke English and French. People were cordial as hell. I got three offers to buy my Coachella 2013 T-shirt off my back.

The Parc was large. There are two main stages, side by side; the bigger acts alternate all day and there's very little time between sets.

The other smaller stages are about a five minute walk from the main viewing area and, to me, not much of a hassle to get there.

Oh yeah, did I mention you can go anywhere with your cocktail in hand? The Molson vendors will sell you beer coming into and leaving the festival. Walk to the Metro with a fresh beer.

The grounds were pleasant and green. It did not rain when we were there.

There were not enough food vendors or rest rooms. I used the woods more than once.

I think I will hand the mic over to ThatGirl since she went all three days and has lots more to add...

Marlo?
    Last edited by santasutt; 03-11-2014 at 05:51 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by santasutt View Post
    My wife and I went Friday last year to see the Cure. Phoenix and Vampire Weekend warmed-up for them. Also got to see Jake Bugg and the Head and the Heart. It was worth the five hour drive drive.

We bought single day passes online. Yes, single day passes!

Transportation was easy. Our downtown hotel was one block from Metro. We walked to old Montreal and took a scenic ferry ride to the venue and Metro ride back to our hotel. Late night poutine and box wine capped our grand evening.

Everyone spoke English and French. People were cordial as hell. I got three offers to buy my Coachella 2013 T-shirt off my back.

The Parc was large. There are two main stages, side by side; the bigger acts alternate all day and there's very little time between sets.

The other smaller stages are about a five minute walk from the main viewing area and, to me, not much of a hassle to get there.

Oh yeah, did I mention you can go anywhere with your cocktail in hand? The Molson vendors will sell you beer coming into and leaving the festival. Walk to the Metro with a fresh beer.

The grounds were pleasant and green. It did not rain when we were there.

There were not enough food vendors or rest rooms. I used the woods more than once.

I think I will hand the mic over to ThatGirl since she went all three days and has lots more to add...

Marlo?
    (Clears throat) Ahem, thank you Brian...
    We stayed downtown and used the Metro to get to the Parc every day. It was easy and quick, cheap and pretty painless. I had a VIP pass that was given to me by a friend and it made the coming and going a breeze. Walked right through all lines into the venue, no problem. Otherwise with a GA Pass you can expect security and lines in and out. We showed up about 3 pm every day and stayed to shutdown. We also got golf cart rides from the VIP rest area to the main stage area which was handy quick and easy. The two main stages work on a schedule so sets roll back to back between stages and, DEPENDING on your vantage point, you can stay right where you are to see them both. It seems odd but it actually works. In VIP there are bleachers set back from the standing area that offer good views with numbered reserved seats and a private cash bar. Seeing everything along with the bouncing crowd in front of you is pretty sweet. The Imagine Dragons set was unbelievable, while seeing the crowd jumping altogether. The hill above the main stages allowed people to stretch out and chill on the grass and watch the two main stages for hours on end, without moving. Good option for people with kids.

The lineup was awesome and the weather was ok. But unlike Coachella this is Canada people.. You need to layer for the day and remove/add layers as needed, so take an umbrella and a jacket and a hat. Santasutt says it didn't rain ( he obviously doesnt remember the Jake Bugg set) and it rained on me during Icona Pop and I got soaked! Muddy too walking back. The stages are quick to get to but if you don't have VIP Brian is right that washrooms are hard to come by. I had free meals in VIP so I can't say what the food vendors were like, but selection did appear limited. But if you get the chance to hang in MTL the food and shopping is incredible!!

edit - I did witness festival goers coveting Brian's Coachella T and it made me wish I was wearing my Coachella hoodie.
    Last edited by ThatGirl; 03-11-2014 at 06:41 PM.
    Quote Originally Posted by M Sparks View Post
    It's all riding on this. You've got big dreams to ride to the top of the Flash Mob world. Well internet fame costs. And right now is when you start paying for it...in sweat.
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    hey. get your own colonoscopy thread, bitch.