View Poll Results: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SOUND AND MOTION VS. SUMMER SOULSTICE

Voters
79. You may not vote on this poll
  • Sound and Motion Festival

27 34.18%
  • Summer Soulstice Festival

52 65.82%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SOUND AND MOTION VS. SUMMER SOULSTICE

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SOUND AND MOTION VS. SUMMER SOULSTICE

shut up Randy.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Default Re: CREATE A FESTIVAL - ROUND #3 - SOUND AND MOTION VS. SUMMER SOULSTICE

Stop, Kreutz. The love you save may be your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Look if you can't accept that Paul Simon would be an amazing headliner than FUCK YOU. Everybody puts up Bowie and sucks that headliner off but you know what Bowie shows are nowadays? Like four songs you might actually want to hear, none of them from the Ziggy era, and a whole bunch of new shit nobody's interested in. I don't want to hear I'm Afraid Of Americans goddammit. Paul Simon headlines your festival, you know he's gonna play at least 15 songs that are universally irresistable because the man has one of the best catalogs in all of music. He has a big ass backing band, you get Kathy, The Boxer, a bunch of his poppy solo stuff and a few of the insanely groovy tracks from Graceland. IT WOULD BE INCREDIBLY ENTERTAINING AND YOU NEED TO RECKONIZE.

And there is not a reunion in the world that could have more of a "Oh, I'm not missing that" than The Jackson Five unless you subsist on a diet of pure honky pap. 'Cause if they were good it was be as dancy as anything in the world but you'd have the overwhelmingly pleasant likelihood of witnessing a fucking disaster the size of the Hindenberg take place before your very eyes. Fuck yes.

i would vote for the second festival based soley on the fact that bob dylan is an annoying cunt.

July 21- Soundgarden- Bill Graham Civic Auditorium
    July 30- Rage Against the Machine/Muse- LA Coliseum
    Oct 21- Portishead- Berkeley Greek
    Nov 18- Pixies- Fox Theater Bakersfield

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

Randy just sold me there. I had Michael Jackson headlining a night on my fest last year. People weren't as into as I thought they would be.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

I remember that, Brandon, and you got jobbed as well. For as much as we see fucking nothing but previous Coachella headliners with a handful of the most popular board requests thrown in, this contest rewards genuine ingenuity for shit.

EDIT: Not the contest's fault of course. People who vote are wrong-headed cunts. See the past two Presidential elections and the Kingsblend poll as references.

Wheelchair Epidemic hawkingvsreeve's Avatar

You know who else I had on my poster that I was really excited about and thought people would be into was Buena Vista Social Club. I figured they would be a really cool dark horse pick that nobody else would think of. Not one person mentioned them in their analyses of my festival. Perhaps nobody here likes them, or I just misunderestimated everyone.
    Quote Originally Posted by obzen View Post
    Giant. Fucking. Bjork. Buttons.
    last.fm

They were gonna be on mine this year! Love Buena Vista. Also I put Danny Elfman, which I thought was really sweet because he could do Oingo Boingo and go into orchestral scores. Oh, and Etta James, I was proud of that too.

Brandon, I think you and me are too good for this contest.

Randy, I wasnt telling you to shut up because I thought your headliners sucked. I was telling you to shut up because you said this was gay.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Danny Elfman was on this poster a couple of years ago.I thought that was a great choice.Someone last year had Oingo Boingo as well,I liked that reunion!
    Randys' location sounds awesome,and brings up a thought,would this contest be any more fun if fictional or historical venues were allowed?For example,if Wonka fest really was in Wonka's factory,or like Ancient Rome fest in the Colosseum circa 80 AD.
    Regarding the "Don't Look Back" thing,I mentioned before the contest that there should be a premium and a limit to have this,but so far it's not really affected by voting at all.
    But to the matter at hand:
    More bands I like: There are 24 on S&M that intrigue,and 31 on Soulstice.I'm gonna have to go with Summer Soulstice.
    Consistency: I feel that,despite Dylan and EitS,Friday is a bit weak for S&M,and I think Soulstice is very evenly spread,so Soulstice.
    Headliners: Easily Sound & Motion.I'd still love to see The Cure,but not as much as Radiohead or Dylan right now.
    Sub-headliners: This one's too close to call.They both have very good picks(Waits,Portishead,Sigur Ros,Underworld).Draw
    Undercard: I'm more excited by the ones on Soulstice such as Nick Cave,Teenage Fanclub(Damn,I wish I had this one!),Spoon,etc so Soulstice.
    Reunion: No,Roxy Music is not a reunion.If I had ever followed up on my bio of them in the Young'uns thread,this would be a little more clear.Sound & Motion.
    Venue: I guess this answers my questions about fictional locations.I grew up in Southern California,but there's lots of places I never heard of and I thought Achewood was one of them.I never heard of the comic before,but I'm interested in it now,so bonus points for this.Sound & Motion.
    Diversity: Sound & Motion.I like the Flight of the Conchords add,along with Me First and the Femmes.
    Wild card:Iron & Wine AND Tom Waits get it for me.Sound & Motion.

Winner: Sound & Motion.
    Quote Originally Posted by God
    Do you want to continue talking about Lizards?

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    Stop, Kreutz. The love you save may be your own.
    hah. I listened to that song about a half an hour ago...unless that's not supposed to be a Jackson reference...
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

It really is too hard to pick so I dont think I'm voting on this one...not at the moment anyways
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Quote Originally Posted by breakjaw View Post
    Diversity: Sound & Motion...along with Me First and the Femmes.
    Holy shit. That is the exact same reason I voted for Sound and Motion. Me First and the Gimme Gimmes and the Violent Femmes were enough to swing my vote.
    Of course, Tom Waits never hurts.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

I really like the Summer Soulstice poster a lot.It's one of those ones that looks really professionally done.

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    Randy, I wasnt telling you to shut up because I thought your headliners sucked. I was telling you to shut up because you said this was gay.
    I wasn't saying this is gay, I said voting in general is gay. I stay out of polls. And elections.

Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman View Post
    I wasn't saying this is gay, I said voting in general is gay. I stay out of polls. And elections.
    Stop, Randy. The poll you save may be your own.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

I don't think I've ever won a poll I started yet. Except the one about Amy's husband fucking guys.

Randy, I was making a play on words. Poll=pole.

PLAY ALONG, LGM.

Okay, I admit it's far from my best work.

I don't even consider that work.

Wow,I just looked at this again and thought,did I make a mistake?At first glance I like Soulstice more,for the number of artists it has that I am familiar with and like.But the headliners and some of the offbeat choices are why I picked S &M,so I'm standing by that.But it does have a few artists that I really don't like.These were two really well put together festivals.

Both are really strong. Its a shame one of these weren't against Wonka Fest.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    And it's been long established that Chris hates fun.
    Quote Originally Posted by Hatinisbad View Post
    I took my niece this year and it was her first Coachella. It was so fun to see it through her eyes. She thought it felt like a magical scene from Shreck. The one where all the fairy tale creatures meet for the first time in Shreck's swamp.

Quote Originally Posted by rage patton View Post
    Both are really strong. Its a shame one of these weren't against Wonka Fest.
    Yeah, one of these or any of several others... I guess with luck of the draw the chips just fall where they may.

No use crying over spilt milk like water over the bridge...
    I see in the near future a crisis approaching that unnerves me and causes me to tremble for the safety of my country. . . . corporations have been enthroned and an era of corruption in high places will follow, and the money power of the country will endeavor to prolong its reign by working upon the prejudices of the people until all wealth is aggregated in a few hands and the Republic is destroyed.

a festival in San Jose? gross

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Gorillaz are a interesting choice as a headliner....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.