Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Any other Brits travelling to see Rage?...

Lurker

Default Any other Brits travelling to see Rage?...

Being a HUGE rage fan I simply had to obtain tickets, although it wasn't easy (since when do country drop down menu's use 'Great Britain' and what the schwod is 'will call'??!)

Anyhoo, totally psyched, the other band line-up's ain't too shabby either, would be great to know of any other rage fans making the distance over the pond to camp and rock out....

- frodo of farnhamshire

Default Re: Any other Brits travelling to see Rage?...

Yep, I'm coming from UK to go see RATM!

That annoyed me as well with the Great Britain drop down bit, took me like 5 mins to finally figure out it was Great Britan, and by that time had to rebook my tickets because it had timed out!

It looks like i'm gonna be goin it alone and camping for the whole time i'm there, hoping it's easy to make friends there for a bit of company as i hate being a loner :-(

Lurker

dude, no worries, there are loads of brit rage fans going, we'll get a camp set up.

I'm going for the whole weekend....but I'm staying in a hotel. \m/ \m/

Quote Originally Posted by Frodo View Post
    Being a HUGE rage fan I simply had to obtain tickets, although it wasn't easy (since when do country drop down menu's use 'Great Britain' and what the schwod is 'will call'??!)

Anyhoo, totally psyched, the other band line-up's ain't too shabby either, would be great to know of any other rage fans making the distance over the pond to camp and rock out....

- frodo of farnhamshire
    hahaha it seems we all had problems with the great britain! what the hell is that website doing! and will call? my god americans make it complicated!
    iam definatly making the trip all the way from glastonbury, UK. to see a once in a life time experience! rage is gonna kik sum ass!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    I'm going for the whole weekend....but I'm staying in a hotel. \m/ \m/
    ooooh fancy, I don't have the money to do that, it's like an average of $177 a night!

Well I booked mine up a long time ago. I stay at the same hotel in Palm Springs every year, and I get a discount there now, so it's less than £30 a night.

There's a fair few of us coming from the UK, and from round the world, this is going to be amazing!

Yeah a few of us northerners are off on a mission to see RAGE. Im wetting myself at the prospect of seeing the greatest live band of our generation! anyone know of any cheap flights to get out there?

Which airport are people flying to, I was set for flying to LAX and then getting the greyhound to Indio because it works out to be fairly cheap, but i've now heard that the Greyhound is 20 or so miles form the LAX airport, and it doesn't take you straight to the festival, meaning more complications of how to get the greyhound, and the festival.

So I think i'm gonna just spend that extra bit of money to fly to Palm springs, and get a taxi from the airport straight to the festival entrance. Is anyone else gonna be taking the palm springs option?

i think im getting the plane to lax and then the psp (palm springs) its ment to be well hard to get to indio fronm lax! so everyone do the same and hopfully were meet along the way!
    gonna be amazing! rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just hope hes gives george B a earful!!

Quote Originally Posted by Brandon View Post
    i think im getting the plane to lax and then the psp (palm springs) its ment to be well hard to get to indio fronm lax! so everyone do the same and hopfully were meet along the way!
    gonna be amazing! rage!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

i just hope hes gives george B a earful!!
    Yea thats what I'll be doing too, just seems the sensible option.

Which company would you be flying with? Cheapest I've seen is with American Airlines i think, and it's a 15hr Journey.

im flying over from Liverpool... But not just for rage

I'm going with virgin, 11 hour flight, 320 smackers (but I'm staying for ten days...)

I just bought my ticket and 2 of my friends will be doing the same tonight. So thats 3 more brits coming over for rage. The other bands are good but i wouldnt have decided on coming over had it not been for rage.

Still not sure of flight plans yet. We are gonna sit down and go through all the viable options this week and research into which one seems the most affordable and least effort. Any people who have made the journey before feel free to give me your opinion on the travel side of things.

Cool Re: Any other Brits travelling to see Rage?...

Yes i certainly am!!!! me and two mates are flying from england to california on the 25th of april just to see rage!!! I rekon the rest of the festival will kick-ass we got the chillis to look foreward to, ive seen em once before and they are pretty shit-hot! i remember a few years ago me and a few mates were discussing how much we'd pay to see rage reunited and we all said we'd pay over a grand.....now i'd never of thought that dream would come true and now it has, i was so exited when i found out the news i nearly cried!!!! It has to be done i saw that they where playing and i thought fuck yeah im there!!! its costing a fair bit, but every penny shall be worthit!!!! I Can't wait i could barely believe that they were reuniting but when i saw it on the official site i just had to book tickets!!! I've found a return flight to cali and back for £315 on americanairlines.com for those of you unsure about flying arrangments. COME ON BRITISH RAGE FANS LETS SHOW CALIFORNIA HOW TO ROCK, COS WHEN RAGE COME ON THERE'LL BE A SHIT LOADA ROCKIN TO DO!!!!!
    Last edited by Tazrocks; 01-29-2007 at 09:58 AM.

Yeah flying over from london for rage pretty much! will be the best money i've ever spent. Anyone who's going from london airports (think i'll probs go via gatwick) message me. i'm going into palm springs the night before the festival begins. if anyone knows how to get from there to the festival, let me know at vodkalix@hotmail.com add me on msn or just e-mail will be great. also, when is the opening and closing of teh campsite? because i cant be arsed sleeping on the street!

I was in LA last year after driving down from San Francisco and just as I was driving into LAX, a bloody monster truck drove up behind me with 'Bullet in the Head' blasting out!!!.....I have to say it was pretty cool

oh and also... zach's got a big affro! he wont be able to do his signiture head bang with dreads flying everywhere! he wont look as angry....

...and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now you’ll say, “Wow, we LIVED!"

Quote Originally Posted by SheriNOIR View Post
    Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.

?

cheapest return flight I found was £248.

Quote Originally Posted by Philthy View Post
    cheapest return flight I found was £248.
    Blimey, that is cheap, details?

Quote Originally Posted by Tomasz View Post
    Invalid Friend ID.
    This user has either cancelled their membership, or their acccount has been deleted.

?
    It's working fine for me now
    ...and all these wonderful things will add up to some powerful experience that 10 years from now you’ll say, “Wow, we LIVED!"

Lurker

SheriNOIR

Did you already get your tix?

im from farnham, well 15mins away

bring on the RAGE!!!!!!!!!
    i had heard all the rumers, thought about it for all of say a few seconds had a look at coachellas site saw the fantastic link up, thought to my self mmmmm do i have the money? yep can i be arsed to fly to calafornia from edinburgh for the reunion of rage, dam fuckin right i can you try and stop me, i will see yal there to P,A,R,T,YYYY
    Last edited by fatboy192; 02-11-2007 at 03:24 PM.

Lurker

I'm going for Rage! Me and my cousin are coming from London.
    The whole will call thing is nuts, I'm a bit apprehensive about traveling thousands of miles without a ticket... but fingers crossed no ticketing problems.
    Oh and yeah.. moan/whinge about Great Britain, sometimes it's England, sometimes UK, and sometimes they would place "common" countries at the top.

i quite like the wii call thing, think of it this way do you really want your ticket to be posted to you and get lost or not arive in time, or just go the the box office and pick them up much safer just remember to bring a passport, print out of the ticket conformation email, and the card they where bought with (or a photo copy of it) phone ticket master in la if you have any questions 0012134803232

Lurker

Me and my sis are coming from Kent, im mainly intrested in seeing Rage, but theres plenty of other bands/ artists who are really gona make this festival kick ass! I think a British rage camp is deffently in order, i say we all go Glasto style and show these Americans how to party!

I got my plane tickets from travelsupermarket.com, they compare prices so you can find the cheapest flights, im flying to Ontario on the Monday before the fest, cant remember if im going from Gatwick or Heathrow though!

Does anyone know any details about renting cars? I wana get a Cadillac.....