Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: ~2008 Canadian Campers Thread~

Default ~2008 Canadian Campers Thread~

Hey! It's Brent here. From Fredericton, NB, Canada!!! 2008 will be my 2nd Coachella. Went to 2007 with a few of my crew and it was the time of my life! So there is no way I'm missing this year! One problem. No one from my crew wants (can afford) to go this year. So I'm really just looking for some cool Canadians to chat with and maybe camp with this year. Since I've been to Coachella before, i might be able to answer some questions ppl might have about making the trek from Eastern Canada to the Coachella Vally! So lets start hearing from some Canadians that plan on camping!

Default Re: ~2008 Canadian Campers Thread~

I live in Alaska but have dual citizenship. Do I count?

This may be immaterial as I may or may not be camping.
    Quote Originally Posted by youguysallsuckfatcock View Post
    now you guys are really pissing me off. especiall you walrus fucker

Hahaha, i guess you could count dude! Excited about Coachella 2008 yet? I've just started planning for it. Looks like i'm gonna be heading down on my own this year. Whats yer story? How many Coachellas have you been to?

in, on what should be a big thread

I'm coming back for my second as well.

Quote Originally Posted by microserfs21 View Post
    in, on what should be a big thread

I'm coming back for my second as well.
    Right on Microserfs! Last years 'Canadian Content' was huge on the campsite! Were you at last years? How'd you get down to California? I heard a lot of ppl from the West coast carpooled down. That would be a sick road trip!

I'm from Edmonton and some friends of mine will be camping as well!

i'll be there with a crew for sure. last year was my first year too. best time of my life. we drove from Victoria, BC and will again this year. planning on setting up a huge camp this time- tarps, canopys, music, lots of people.

Quote Originally Posted by Brentw0 View Post
    Right on Microserfs! Last years 'Canadian Content' was huge on the campsite! Were you at last years? How'd you get down to California? I heard a lot of ppl from the West coast carpooled down. That would be a sick road trip!
    I flew last year and am flying again this year so I can maximize my time off work down there. I would love to road trip it but I would need an extra week off. A road trip from New Brunswick to Coachella would be epic if you had the chance.

If i could swing a road trip from East Coast Canada to California, i would so do it. But same reasons as you microserfs... just can't afford to take that much time off work. Stupid responsibilities! I heard that a bus was going to make the trek from PEI last year... never found out if they did it or not... anyone know?

Lurker

My best friend and I are coming down from Ontario. woo. I think we're flying, but if he wants to drive the whole way, I'd have no problem with that either.

flying from calgary and camping. Camped with a bunch of Brits last year and had a good time; I really don't thing it's to important who you're next too

Quote Originally Posted by jonnypark View Post
    flying from calgary and camping. Camped with a bunch of Brits last year and had a good time; I really don't thing it's to important who you're next too
    How did you bring all your camping gear...you must have checked it in right? There's no way you could've brought it as a carryon?

JordanAnderson

I'm from Jasper, Alberta and there is probably going to be just under 10 of us camping. Lets make the Canadian section the place to be!

Quote Originally Posted by dnham View Post
    How did you bring all your camping gear...you must have checked it in right? There's no way you could've brought it as a carryon?
    No way, I thought airlines allowed hockey bags filled with 50 pounds of camping gear to be carried on no problem.

You should have just said that in your head and not actually posted it.

On a related note, I found a lot of international travellers just bought really cheap camping gear once they got to the festival and then just left it at the campgrounds or else gave it away.

Probably gonna road-trip down with at least 2 other guys from Vancouver

Thinking of doing a Vegas detour on the way back too

I'm from Calgary, have no clue how I'm getting there yet, haha.

Or if I'll have the funds, lol.

From Toronto...flying from either Toronto or Buffalo to LAX...not 100% sure who I'm going with yet - trying to find a crazy partner in crime to commit.
    Think I may fly in on Wednesday and hang at Venice Beach then hopefully hitch a ride down to Indio on Thursday to set up camp.
    "It's all happening..."
    Coachella BEARDwatch '08, '11

Flying from Toronto to either Vegas or LAX, depending on how much cash I'm prepared to lose.....

Quote Originally Posted by KookyFor1973 View Post
    From Toronto...flying from either Toronto or Buffalo to LAX...not 100% sure who I'm going with yet - trying to find a crazy partner in crime to commit.
    Think I may fly in on Wednesday and hang at Venice Beach then hopefully hitch a ride down to Indio on Thursday to set up camp.

I'm going down early to spend a couple of days in the LA area and then would be going to go set up camp as well on thursday. I'm renting a car as so if you need a ride let me know.

Quote Originally Posted by microserfs21 View Post
    I'm going down early to spend a couple of days in the LA area and then would be going to go set up camp as well on thursday. I'm renting a car as so if you need a ride let me know.
    SAWEET dude. I've added you to my "buddy list" will keep in touch as the date approaches and my plans come together a bit better.
    "It's all happening..."
    Coachella BEARDwatch '08, '11

Lurker

I'm making the trek from Victoria lonesome style. Drivin' down. I'm gonna hang out in the go it alone camp site. More than happy to make friends with other friendly Canucks though!

Second year. Should have been third but ended up with a bad lung infection in 2004. Didn't want to make the drive down.

Driving down from Saskatchewan with a few friends. This is our first Coachella. We should all meet up down there!

Banned

where is canada? is it near los angeles? cuz if it is i may be from canada too...

Share Your canadian beer and I'll be your friend Eh.

Coachella Junkie boarderwoozel3's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    where is canada? is it near los angeles? cuz if it is i may be from canada too...
    Love it.

LANADA.

Quote Originally Posted by F/O/X/Y/5 View Post
    Share Your canadian beer and I'll be your friend Eh.
    From what I've read here and there...The weed's not bad either!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

Quote Originally Posted by BROKENDOLL View Post
    From what I've read here and there...The weed's not bad either!
    I just hope that Cali Weed lives up to the hype, and is easy to find, since customs officials generally frown upon people trying to bring weed into the country...

Coachella Junkie frozen pilgrim's Avatar

californian weed is not bad, but not even close to what you get from coast to coast in canada (with the exception of parts of the praries where it's just bunk)

anywhoo.
    second year as a canadian camper. last year I was the dude using his canadian flag to cover several cases of water stacked beside his tent. in section.... F? I don't remember.

this year it'll be me, my girl, and our best friend joey, all flying down (from buffalo- toronto's airport taxes are fucking whack).

Quote Originally Posted by brisban View Post
    I just hope that Cali Weed lives up to the hype, and is easy to find, since customs officials generally frown upon people trying to bring weed into the country...
    I don't know how the high was because I don't smoke but all I know is that the cali dudes that were in the tent next to us last year had the stinkiest most foul smelling weed ever.

So i'm hoping to make this year my first at Coachella. I was wondering, does anyone have any tips or comments on the drive down from Edmonton? Or Calgary? Hoping to make this a big first time roadtrip with some friends.