Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Arcade Fire to Headline?

Default Arcade Fire to Headline?

What are the chances that Arcade Fire would be asked to headline this year? Yeah it's a repeat, but would anyone really mind? I could see Goldenvoice throwing everyone for a loop and doing this. Plus it would be their first US festival that they headlined. Just saying.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Default Re: Arcade Fire to Headline?

No, they won't headline, can you people stop asking for fucking repeat acts already? Ugh.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

I'm not asking. I am just wondering. It just seems that no one has a really strong idea who will be headlining this year and usually there are a few good guesses. No one really knows anything at this point so why not? They could pull it off though.

They said they wouldn't be back in America for a couple of years.
    Quote Originally Posted by chairmenmeow47 View Post
    jesus christ, i leave the board for an hour to find the disneyland thread and there's all these fry threads. wtf?!

It's not going to happen.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

I thought they said they wouldn't be back to NY in a couple of years? Either way, it won't happen. Although, they were the best main stage act I saw last year, I think they could pull it off.

no thanks. i was actually a huge arcade fire fan UNTIL i saw them last year at coachella.....
    RESPEK

I really don't see that happening.

No way. No how.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Not happening, stop making useless threads please. kthxbye

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    What are the chances that Arcade Fire would be asked to headline this year? Yeah it's a repeat, but would anyone really mind? I could see Goldenvoice throwing everyone for a loop and doing this. Plus it would be their first US festival that they headlined. Just saying.
    Go to school.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Arcade Fire won't be doing the rounds again for a few years. Sadly.

After they tour Canada this spring

Quote Originally Posted by ArcadeParade View Post
    After they tour Canada this spring
    You drove all the way to St. Paul from Winnipeg to see the LCD/Arcade Fire show that's dedication. Was amazing though.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

Why won't they be around for a few years?
    I try to be politically pc more than most here: As a dude, anyone who could put a shark up a gals pc body, is pretty creepy, different and interesting. Just saying big time ..... cr****

Quote Originally Posted by Alchemy View Post
    Go to school.

Seriously why? Do you think that Arcade Fire couldn't headline or is it just because they aren't supposed to be touring? This isn't a request thread by the way. In no way am I saying that Goldenvoice should get them. I am offering up the suggestion that it could be an option. There really are no bands of the past 5 years that are probably headline material that I can think of except Arcade Fire. Out of the past 5 years, Coldplay is the newest of the bands to headline. It would be nice to give the opportunity to someone new. Arcade Fire is the only band that I could see pulling it off.

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Seriously why? Do you think that Arcade Fire couldn't headline or is it just because they aren't supposed to be touring? This isn't a request thread by the way. In no way am I saying that Goldenvoice should get them. I am offering up the suggestion that it could be an option. There really are no bands of the past 5 years that are probably headline material that I can think of except Arcade Fire. Out of the past 5 years, Coldplay is the newest of the bands to headline. It would be nice to give the opportunity to someone new. Arcade Fire is the only band that I could see pulling it off.
    Coldplay had this mass wave of media though. So does Arcade Fire, but Coldplay's media was the big stuff we see on music award shows or on the television. Arcade Fire only took the internet and magazines like Spin by storm. That is a big difference. A very big difference. Hey I mean, I wouldn't mind Arcade Fire headlining Friday.

Well actually, I would mind...

But I believe that they are definitely on the road towards becoming a Friday headliner. Not yet though. You can't possibly think they are Coachella headliner material yet. Coldplay was the lowest one, but even they are higher than Arcade Fire in the public eye... Well back then at least. Coldplay circa 2005 is higher than Arcade Fire circa now.

Win said that they wouldn't be back in California for a few years at the show I saw in San Jose. I presume the motivation is so they can get back to a semblance of a normal life for a while before returning to the studio for their third album, the anticipation for which will very likely propel them to headline Coachella in either '09 or '10.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Quote Originally Posted by Somewhat Damaged View Post
    Win said that they wouldn't be back in California for a few years at the show I saw in San Jose. I presume the motivation is so they can get back to a semblance of a normal life for a while before returning to the studio for their third album, the anticipation for which will very likely propel them to headline Coachella in either '09 or '10.
    Oh, I see. Well that's cool. I can dig it.

I really don't think that The Arcade Fire will be headliner worthy by their next album, not at all. Honestly, The White Stripes, Kanye West, Muse and Death Cab For Cutie are closer to headlining Coachella than The Arcade Fire are.

I'd kill myself if that happened.
    "We're on a mission from God"

----Elwood Blues

TickleMeElmo: Arcade Fire were the first subheadliner of 2007's Saturday line-up. If Coachella '09 or '10 is their first show in 2-3 years and they'll be debuting songs from their new album, how in the fuck do they not graduate to headliner status?
    I agree that White Stripes and Kanye could arguably headline this year while Arcade Fire can't, and Muse will be strong enough to headline after they've got a new album, but Death Cab? If they're on the second line of the poster this year, I'd be shocked.
    Quote Originally Posted by stinkbutt View Post
    It's like finding out an old high school buddy is on meth, and you're not sure if any of the rumors of him giving handies behind Burger King are true but they very likely could be.

Don't get me wrong, I absolutely love Arcade Fire, but it would just be awkward if they headlined by their next album unless that album was immensely successful. Every Coachella headliner is a very recognizable name by everyone, you could ask a random person in the street if they knew them and they would have probably heard of them, but I don't think that would be the case with Arcade Fire. There is still a LOT of people who don't know who they are. Also, Death Cab is more popular than Arcade Fire, end of story. They've been around longer to develope a more dedicated fanbase and plus have more mainstream success than The Arcade Fire.

Oh, and I know they're the first subheadliner of 2007 on Saturday, but that doesn't mean they'll automatically move up by next time, just look at Air, The Chemical Brothers and The Flaming Lips.
    Last edited by TickleMeElmo; 01-08-2008 at 09:57 PM.

arcade fire are way too young of a band to be headlining.

Quote Originally Posted by iv3rdawG View Post
    They said they wouldn't be back in America for a couple of years.
    Last I checked they live in America.

but Death Cab? If they're on the second line of the poster this year, I'd be shocked.
    They will totally be on the second line of the poster this year. Just as big, if not bigger, than The Decemberists, Bright Eyes, Arctic Monkeys.
    9/10 Swans @ Roxy, 9/18 Neutral Milk Hotel & Daniel Johnston @ Hollywood Bowl, 9/19 Tokimonsta @ El Rey, 9/30 Cibo Matto @ the Roxy, 10/3-4 Desert Stars, 10/9 Zola Jesus @ El Rey, 10/16 Massive Attack @ Greek Theater, 10/22-25 CMJ, 10/26 Asobi Seksu & Slowdive @ Royale

Quote Originally Posted by Boourns View Post
    They will totally be on the second line of the poster this year. Just as big, if not bigger, than The Decemberists, Bright Eyes, Arctic Monkeys.
    Yeah, I'd be surprised if they WEREN'T on the second line. Commercially, Plans were one of their most successful albums and Soul Meets Body got a good amount of radio play, so their fanbase grew a lot, plus now they have another album coming out.

Would anyone want to see Arcade Fire in 2008 anyway? I love them, but they only have two albums and an EP. Seeing them play essentially the same set at both Coachella and the Hollywood Bowl was more than enough for me. The only way I would really want to see them again in the near future was if there was a guarantee that they'd play In the Backseat or some EP material. Otherwise, not until they have some new songs.
    Quote Originally Posted by thelastgreatman
    Lingo, shut the fuck up. You look like a goddamn cancer patient and your analogy is idiotic. Also, The Black Keys are unlistenable garbage, you unbelievable fucking dork.

1/18 Volcano Choir - The Fonda
    1/22 Vampire Weekend - USC
    2/14 Spiritualized - Ace Hotel
    3/8 Mark Kozelek - First Unitarian Church
    3/18 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall
    3/19 Kraftwerk - Walt Disney Concert Hall

www.facebook.com/mlingo

http://www.last.fm/group/Coachella+Forum

Quote Originally Posted by ThunderInTheSky View Post
    Last I checked they live in America.
    Canada.

Yep....they're taking a break. Something about wanting to sleep in, read, adn drink coffee Win said somewhere. They toured for a year for christ's sake. They're not ready to headline anyway-next album.
    Odi profanum vulgus et arceo. I hate the unholy rabble and keep them away - Horace.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drinkey McDrinkerstein View Post
    Arcade FIre are a bunch of dicks, Deadmau5 is a dick, bands are dicks, David Bowie sucks dicks, Daft Punk is two human buttholes with semen for brains (that was loaded into a butthole from a dick that grew out of their moms), we're all dicks that fucked our moms assholes, God is going to put a giant dick down and fuck our mouths

Quote Originally Posted by TickleMeElmo View Post
    I really don't think that The Arcade Fire will be headliner worthy by their next album, not at all. Honestly, The White Stripes, Kanye West, Muse and Death Cab For Cutie are closer to headlining Coachella than The Arcade Fire are.
    Lay off the pipe, Death Cab for Cutie is not even close to being a headliner.
    Of the bands that got fame in the last 6 years I would say only Arcade Fire, White Stripes could headline. I thought Interpol had that chance but it appears thats a big fat no.