Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: No More Daft Punk Please

Default No More Daft Punk Please

I love Daft Punk. I think their live show is one of the most brilliant live shows ever developed. I still listen to the Coachella bootleg even though I have Alive 2007, but I think they have had their run. How do you top it? Where do you go. Unless they are going to have a giant floating orb that flys over the crowd zapping each audience member with a laser beam that makes you orgasm, they can't top it. We have talked this group into the dirt for 2 years now and I just can't take it anymore. I know, I know this is blasphemy to some of you. But how can you keep on talking about them as if they are the 2nd coming of Christ? Besides the fact that they are indeed God's personal robots, it's time to move on.

For some reason I am expecting some backlash on this.
    Check out Sleeping is Giving in for great mixes and other cool stuff

Default Re: No More Daft Punk Please

I need to see them ONE MORE TIME when I'm not completely exhausted. At Coach and at the Forum I was way too tired to enjoy myself fully. So no, I'm not sick of them yet. Will wait a couple years though.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    I need to see them ONE MORE TIME when I'm not completely exhausted. At Coach and at the Forum I was way too tired to enjoy myself fully. So no, I'm not sick of them yet. Will wait a couple years though.
    You need to get rid of that husband and ditch the kids for a few weeks. Once you do that, you'll get your energy back

TURN YOUR STEREO OFF AND HIDE ALL YOUR DP CDS.

I saw the LA show and Chicago show, no way does it get old. Its a fuckin perfect set. Id be VERY happy to see it over and over... ya, i know by heart what they are gonna play next, but still, its a fuckin party. Ask superfiction if he's had enough.
    Upcoming Shows:
    Kasabian/Bo Ningen: 10/1 @ Metro
    Coachella: 4/10-12 @ Empire Polo Fields

Quote Originally Posted by shotglass75 View Post
    Unless they are going to have a giant floating orb that flys over the crowd zapping each audience member with a laser beam that makes you orgasm,
    This sounds awesome, as long as its to Harder Better Faster Stronger...

We all know Bryce will say he hasn't had enough...

Still, I mean, I don't think DP has had as much mania as they did before Vegoose, since October their fervent-esque popularity has kinda dipped. Anyway, I can wait a few more years, especially when they unveil THE CUBE.
    Upcoming Shows:
    * Dillon Francis + Anamanaguchi -- December 28th

Going to Weekend 1 of Coachella 2014

Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Cara. Don't judge a man for not being able to formulate a coherent thought. On an internet forum of all places.

Daft Punk is ridiculously bad cheese. ammonia smell bad.
    Quote Originally Posted by efrain44 View Post
    Anyone know who the guy in the Cardinals jersey is? I've seen him in pictures on the board and I thought I saw him this year.

You are just jealous because Daft Punk is not playing at your house.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

They played in my backyard practically at Lollapalooza so I am alright. Don't get me wrong, I will see them whenever I have the opportunity but what else can we say about them that hasn't been said a thousand times already?

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

who the fuck is daft punk?

ONE MORE TIME!!!
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

I could go see them over and over without getting tired of it. However, Coachella '08 is upon us. Let's look to that instead of '06.

I doubt DP read this forum but if they do ....... THANK YOU ....... you are truly two wonderful guys.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

I hate Daft Punk. But the Coachella show was fun... So I guess I don't hate them. I just think they are silly and undoubtedly boring on CD.

Quote Originally Posted by MarkO View Post
    I could go see them over and over without getting tired of it. However, Coachella '08 is upon us. Let's look to that instead of '06.

I doubt DP read this forum but if they do ....... THANK YOU ....... you are truly two wonderful guys.
    You know they are scheming up something fierce for headlining in 2009....
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by paulb View Post
    but still, its a fuckin party. Ask superfiction if he's had enough.
    and a damn good one at that!!!

Quote Originally Posted by wmgaretjax View Post
    I hate Daft Punk. But the Coachella show was fun... So I guess I don't hate them. I just think they are silly and undoubtedly boring on CD.
    You know, I missed the Coach peformance because we were tired and when I actually got a chance to see them @ Red Rocks..I thought I was going to be let down because I would listen to the cds and think "What are people getting all crazy about?" Yeah, I saw pictures of the pyramid but didn't realize how great the live show was until I saw it...So I can see where you are coming from...but still one of thr best shows I have ever seen....ever....

Banned

i agree that daft punk needs to be put away for now. how many fucking times do i have to hear about djs being so damn brilliant. hewy they hit a home run with their coachella performance and their performances after that, but its done with so lets move on and see how they do with their next project.

Quote Originally Posted by TeamCoachellaHellYeah View Post
    You know they are scheming up something fierce for headlining in 2009....
    That's fine .... '09 would be an appropriate time to return. New mix, new stage ... not that they need a stage but it's cool to see.
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

you have no excuse to be exhausted at the forum show, you only had months to plan for that shit!

i agree that everybody needs to get over those fuckin robots though. my buddy was blasting alive the whole time we were tailgating last sunday at the charger playoff game. i mean i love em too, but im getting sick of that shit!

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post
    you have no excuse to be exhausted at the forum show, you only had months to plan for that shit!
    I think I had to drive most of the way to LA by myself or something that same day. I don't really want to go into here. I've had bad luck with DP for some reason.

At coach, I was there since 9am, and I should've worn better shoes. And I guess I should've napped or something. I think I'll probably just blame both of them on my hubby (shut up corinna).
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    You are just jealous because Daft Punk is not playing at your house.
    They still play at my house everyday and I think my truck runs better when they're playing as I drive!

They played in my backyard practically at Lollapalooza so I am alright. Don't get me wrong, I will see them whenever I have the opportunity but what else can we say about them that hasn't been said a thousand times already?
    "One More Time?"

I love Daft Punk. I think their live show is one of the most brilliant live shows ever developed. I still listen to the Coachella bootleg even though I have Alive 2007, but I think they have had their run. How do you top it? Where do you go. Unless they are going to have a giant floating orb that flys over the crowd zapping each audience member with a laser beam that makes you orgasm, they can't top it. We have talked this group into the dirt for 2 years now and I just can't take it anymore. I know, I know this is blasphemy to some of you. But how can you keep on talking about them as if they are the 2nd coming of Christ? Besides the fact that they are indeed God's personal robots, it's time to move on.

For some reason I am expecting some backlash on this.
    Backlash? Wait 'til thelastgreatman reads this! Shit, I had an orgasm without the damn laser beam! (I can't imagine! Oh, Lord!) BTW...With as many times as I heard "Oh, God!" Or, "Oh, my fucking God!" on some of those bootlegs and videos...Sorry, there are the second coming of Christ...

Quote Originally Posted by sexecutioner View Post

i agree that everybody needs to get over those fuckin robots though. my buddy was blasting alive the whole time we were tailgating last sunday at the charger playoff game. i mean i love em too, but im getting sick of that shit!
    Daft Punk + Chargers in the Playoffs = Christ, I'm coming again! GO BOLTS!!!
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

At coach, I was there since 9am, and I should've worn better shoes. And I guess I should've napped or something. I think I'll probably just blame both of them on my hubby (shut up corinna).
    cmon zzzzzzzzzz, thats what you save those extra pills for!

i will agree though, that unless DP puts out some new material this should be it for them...it would be way too much overkill for them to tour again on the same set
    I'm a reasonable man, get off my case.

Overkill? They played like less than 25 shows worldwide. They played ONE show on the east coast.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

I will never get tired of their live show. It will never even feel real to me. Coach 06 was amazing no doubt but I will never forget the Sports Arena show. Daft Punk, in my hometown. The Sports Arena, where I went to watch the Circus when I was younger. I'll never go to a better show, at least not until they come back.
    8/2 & 3 HARD Summer
    8/7 Jagwar Ma @ Santa Monica Pier
    8/15 Echo Park Rising
    8/21 Interpol @ Boulevard Pool
    8/23 & 24 FYF Fest
    9/6 RP Boo @ Los Globos
    9/24 Interpol @ House Of Blues
    9/25 Simian Mobile Disco @ El Rey
    9/26 Wu Tang @ The Forum
    9/27 Hercules & Love Affair @ Lot 613

Although I do agree that they should stop being talked about. But I could stand to see that show a few more times. Hopefully the next incarnation will be better, we'll see. Until then though, yeah, let's shut the fuck up about it already.
    Quote Originally Posted by schoolofruckus View Post
    Look, your parenting is yours and Randy's business alone.
    Fans of TheLastGreatMan Accessory Shop

Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

WOW!!!! Can't believe we're on the same page.

I didn't say a word.

The Red Rocks show was fun, and the one at Lollapalooza was nice as well. But those were enough for me, I wouldn't go to other DP show again.

I saw them enough time to where it got old. But all the changes and revisions at Vegoose added some freshness. The rumor mill is churning that there will be a new album and tour in '09.