Thread: Should I go see Caribou on April 24 instead of hanging in the campground?

Default Should I go see Caribou on April 24 instead of hanging in the campground?

Caribou is playing at the El Rey theatre in LA on the 24. I am trying to decide if I should go see him or not. I would miss out on all the thursday night fun but seeing Caribou would be fun too. Anyone seen him live? Worth it?

Default Re: Should I go see Caribou on April 24 instead of hanging in the campground?

Thursday night sucked for me last year at the campground. But I'm not all that social. I wasn't on anything, and I still got no sleep.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

thestripe

Default Re: Should I go see Caribou on April 24 instead of hanging in the campground?

It seems like a waste of time to me. Why rush around to see Caribou the night before a festival that has 3 days of music?

I actually slept pretty well last year on thursday. This year I am just thinking about maximizing my musical experience since I don't get to see a lot of live shows where I am living right now.

I'm hitting this show up. It will be a nice primer for the weekend. I headed out on Friday morning last year and had no problem with traffic, so that is the plan again.
    For your health

I'm thinking I will probably set up camp thursday afternoon and then head into the show, that way I can relax friday morning. The more I listen to Caribou the more I want to go.

I was tempted on Saturday last year to drive back home (Phoenix) and see AIR, but I stayed at Coachella instead. I regret not going back to PHX to see AIR. (Saturday kinda sucked for me too)

Sounds like you didn't enjoy the festival last year.

Friday and Sunday were stellar.

you should go to the show and then drive to indio right after the show. way less traffic and less hassle.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by kreutz2112 View Post
    you should go to the show and then drive to indio right after the show. way less traffic and less hassle.
    thats true! i worked late in aliso viejo and didnt end up leaving till 10 pm... i was driving a bug and made it in good timing

kreutz FTW. If you're camping (or even staying at a hotel), arriving late would involve very little traffic.

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    kreutz FTW. If you're camping (or even staying at a hotel), arriving late would involve very little traffic.
    I know, thats what I said.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Maybe I should've said QFT then.

QFT.
    RAPE STOVE

white power?!

Quote Originally Posted by amyzzz View Post
    Maybe I should've said QFT then.
    yes, I think that would have been the appropiate message board protocol.

Anyway, once I get paid I am going to buy my ticket for Caribou, I need to make the most of my week in LA/Coachella.

Now, who wants to come?

I say see Caribou.

I went to see LCD Soundsystem the night before I flew out the next morning at 6 AM for Bonnaroo!

I've seen Caribou open for SFA and they were good!

Quote Originally Posted by microserfs21 View Post
    yes, I think that would have been the appropiate message board protocol.

Anyway, once I get paid I am going to buy my ticket for Caribou, I need to make the most of my week in LA/Coachella.

Now, who wants to come?
    I would recommend waiting awhile. There are usually great shows announced right before. I'm putting my money on My Bloody Valentine at the Glass House this year. Last year it was Arcade Fire at Spreckels for the gold.
    Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    I would recommend waiting awhile. There are usually great shows announced right before. I'm putting my money on My Bloody Valentine at the Glass House this year. Last year it was Arcade Fire at Spreckels for the gold.
    Yea, true, not many dates would be set for late april yet. I could always get scalped tickets if it sells out. I'm also going to be in the area on the tues. and wed. so I hope some more shows get announced. Is there a site that keeps an updated list of all the concerts going on in LA or do you just have to keep track of that yourself and hope you don't miss anything?

Quote Originally Posted by canexplain View Post
    Remember Hitler? I don't but here we are again .. cr****

Go see Caribou then head to the campgrounds. Well I hope there are more shows that night, cause I need to find one to go to.

Also, people party all night long in the campground Thursday night, so even if you arrive late, you can still hit that partying somewhere.

Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    awesome, thank you

I found Caribou boring live. There are bound to be other better shows announced later.
    Hunting has been part of our society since the first Europeans came over and shot buffalo and Native Americans and whatnot.
    ---
    The Dive Poets

I guess you can wait but who knows if they will even do those special Glass House and other venue shows this year. Plus some of the shows actually conflicted with Coachella itself.

I say no way. They're probably going to play Coachella anyway.

As much as I like getting bands out of the way before Coachella, it doesn't seem like Caribou would set you on the right mood to go party for three days straight.

Quote Originally Posted by miseducation View Post

As much as I like getting bands out of the way before Coachella, it doesn't seem like Caribou would set you on the right mood to go party for three days straight.
    Caribou is playing shows on the 25th - 27th. And none are in Cali.
    For your health

Quote Originally Posted by miseducation View Post

I'm there more for the music than the party anway. Unfortunately, I am not good at combining both. I just like the sound of Caribou and thought they would be cool to see live.