Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
Results 1 to 30 of 40

Thread: Your Decision To Attend This Year

  1. #1
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    Vancouver
    Posts
    187

    Default Your Decision To Attend This Year

    Will it be based on the lineup at all?

    Will a shitty lineup convince you to save your money and go to another festival?

  2. #2
    old school dontfeedthebird's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Traveling man.
    Posts
    3,981

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    The lineup is important, the headliners, not so much.
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

  3. #3
    Daft Punky Junkie BROKENDOLL's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    15,645

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    The fact that we live close to the venue has probably been the most convincing draw, but the idea of getting turned on to new stuff each year is the clincher. Daft Punk, Prodigy, Chemical Bros, Muse, Paul Van Dyke, Faithless, Ratatat, and many more now join my classic rock collection of favorites.
    Its like the Infinite Monkey Theorem, if you put X amount of monkeys in a room with a typewriter and ask them to give you Shakespeare 99% of them will fling their shit at you while the other 1% will masturbate in the corner.

  4. #4
    Coachella Junkie faxman75's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    The murder capital where we murder for capital
    Posts
    27,915

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    Location is what does it for me. Combine that with the reputation of artists they have invited and that play each year and I am now a presale buyer. If for some crazy reason the lineup is terrible, which I don't see how, I would just sell my ticket to someone else. Easy.

  5. #5
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,679

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    it will be somewhat based on line-up. I don't think I would go if I really disliked the lineup. but I would be upset if it came to that. and I don't anticipate it. I am making plans before the lineup has been announced. although I haven't requested the days off from work yet.

  6. #6
    Member ArcadeParade's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    wpg
    Posts
    1,764

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    house booked
    flight purchased
    time off work

    I have faith...last year felt like a paradise and I can't wait to go back.

  7. #7
    Member elChurro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Empire Polo Grounds, Indio Ca.
    Posts
    1,185

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I'm local and have been every year excluding a few sunday nights in some cases. Although I love attending Coachella despite how huge it's grown, I'm considering saving my time and money to attend the winter music conference in Miami this year.

    ...then again, maybe I'll just do both.

  8. #8
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I went 4 years in a row before I decided this year that I'm buying tickets during the presale (if possible) because I have faith the lineup will be great.

    if it's not great, I'll sell my tix and spend all my money on the Radiohead tour.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  9. #9
    Member
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Posts
    203

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    My flight is already booked. I have faith they will announce a good lineup. Plus, even if it was a horrible lineup, which it won't be, you are still in the sun listening to music surrounded by awesome people.

  10. #10
    Coachella Junkie algunz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Rustin' in Tustin
    Posts
    21,320

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    Done deal.

    It's tradition now.

  11. #11
    Member Melanie.Dawn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    Calgary, Canada
    Posts
    506

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I live too far away for it to be based on the line up!
    haha.
    Already have the time off work, the house booked and paid for, Getting flight tickets this weekend... Here's hoping it's a good line up!
    I'm especially drawn to the environment of it all though. The palm trees (I love them... probably from never seeing them since I live in Canada), all the people and crazy sculptures. Plus all the other line ups have been awesome, why would this be any different?
    It's getting so close now! ... er... closer than before.

  12. #12
    old school MassiveChemicalPunk's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2008
    Location
    City of God
    Posts
    3,235

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I've always wanted to go to coachella. I would've loved to see the line up first, but I have to make plans way in advance cause I'm in El Salvador. Have everything reserved already. Still don't know if i'm camping because after reading many camping experiences in the board, i don't know if my wife is gonna have a good time camping. She has way less energy than I do.
    Quote Originally Posted by Drewski27 View Post
    i think i would rather suck AIDZ out of gary colemans nutt.

  13. #13

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    its a lil hard to have a shitty lineup with so me bands... i would buy pre sale tickets for sure!!

  14. #14
    Lurker
    Join Date
    Nov 2007
    Location
    lincoln, ca
    Posts
    43

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    If you look at all of the lineups from years past, they haven't disappointed. Needless to say, I'm all booked and ready to buy tickets.

  15. #15
    zeezus amyzzz's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2006
    Location
    Arizzzona
    Posts
    40,845

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    Quote Originally Posted by LarbFlonsen View Post
    If you look at all of the lineups from years past, they haven't disappointed. Needless to say, I'm all booked and ready to buy tickets.
    That's it right there. I've gone to 5 Coachellas, and I really would've gone to the other 3 if I'd had the money (and no babies) because all the lineups have been amazing.
    Quote Originally Posted by guedita View Post
    Because fucking millenials that's what

  16. #16
    Member luveebunni08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    i have a lot of faith in the lineup the festival will have plus my boyfriend's family lives out there so it's a good opportunity to visit. besides this'll be my 5th coachella.

  17. #17

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    Combination of this semester's final exam schedule, and my financial status, haha.

  18. #18
    Member luveebunni08's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    New Mexico
    Posts
    365

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    tru dat. but it's a nice break before finals so you at least relax a bit before crunch time.

  19. #19
    Member drugks Gillespie's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Scottsdale
    Posts
    412

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    coachella will always be unmissable.

  20. #20
    Member jonnypark's Avatar
    Join Date
    Oct 2007
    Location
    Red Neck Oil City Alberta
    Posts
    964

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    i've already bought plane tickets and chosen my classes around coachella i have faith

  21. #21
    old school MarkO's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    I can hear them calling way from Oregon
    Posts
    4,591

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I have faith in GV to give us another excellent lineup regardless of whether Zep or Radiohead or whoever is playing / not playing / considering playing ...
    Quote Originally Posted by Cpt. Funkaho View Post
    Man, the Beatles were overrated like gravity is overrated. ......... Say what you want, but statements like "the Beatles were overrated" make me much less likely to listen to anything you say afterward.

  22. #22
    Member jimmycrackcorn's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    in the shadow of mt. san jacinto
    Posts
    1,933

    Talking Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    <local...
    going no matter what the lineup....
    the sun rises every day and after a while i just take that for granted....
    the lineup for coachella being a good one is much the same way....
    "conversation is a game of circles and i'm getting dizzy-- bye"

  23. #23
    Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Palm Springs
    Posts
    24,303

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    The line up has yet to fail me...I can always find artist and bands to check out at coachella because sometimes it is their only US show period...plus we always have surprises....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

  24. #24
    Banned
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    sacramento
    Posts
    4,147

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    already booked the room and buying the presale regardless of lineup. i have faith in gv not to fuck it up... its all good.

  25. #25
    Amneeziac
    Guest

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I'm going regardless, but a good lineup would be nice.

  26. #26
    Member gratytrainridesagain's Avatar
    Join Date
    Feb 2007
    Location
    minnesoda
    Posts
    1,320

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    Have yet to see a lineup i didnt like. Plus already got the plane tix.
    Quote Originally Posted by NiceArthur32 View Post
    theres nothing gay about snowballing...

  27. #27
    Member Daft Fro's Avatar
    Join Date
    Mar 2007
    Location
    Los Angeles
    Posts
    1,746

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    Indio takes about 2h 30min to get to...

    Past 2 Coachellas have been epic.

    Looking back to previous posters, I would have gone to every single one given the chance.

    I think 08 will have some decent headliners, but it's strength will be based in the 2nd tier.

  28. #28
    Coachella Junkie SFChrissy's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    live in Pacifica Work 'n Play in SF
    Posts
    6,102

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I'm not going but I am

  29. #29
    Member sassypants's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    Culver City
    Posts
    235

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I'm going because I had a great time last year and saw a lot of great new-to-me bands. I don't care what the lineup because it will be filled with bands I've never heard of. I AM hoping for Portishead though.

  30. #30
    Coachella Junkie shakermaker113's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jan 2007
    Location
    san francisco
    Posts
    14,679

    Default Re: Your Decision To Attend This Year

    I don't ever want to ever go regardless of lineup. a lot of the festivals in the uk have gotten to a point where they have a fan base of people that go every year regardless of who is playing, and you know this for sure because they sell out before the full lineup is even announced. when I went to T in the Park there were tons of people who didn't really care who was playing any more, they just went because it was tradition, they went to get drunk and have a laugh in a different environment. and it sucked. I never want to get that way with coachella. they need to produce consistently good lineups year after year, and while I believe they can do that I could be wrong. it's not an easy task. as soon as we start saying we have faith and will make all our plans and buy all our tickets regardless, they have some room to weaken the lineup a little. they need to fight for our interest, we can't give it up so easily.

    end thought.

Similar Threads

  1. I think I have come to a decision.
    By Stefinitely Maybe in forum Camping/Lodging
    Replies: 13
    Last Post: 04-13-2008, 09:52 AM
  2. Hardest decision in life
    By betao in forum Music Lounge
    Replies: 70
    Last Post: 01-10-2008, 05:55 AM
  3. What days will you attend
    By PlayaDelWes in forum Questions
    Replies: 27
    Last Post: 04-24-2007, 06:10 PM
  4. How much of Coachella will you attend?
    By PlayaDelWes in forum Questions
    Replies: 0
    Last Post: 04-20-2007, 08:23 AM
  5. If you could only attend 1 day, which day would it be?
    By Jumala in forum Line Up/Artists
    Replies: 91
    Last Post: 02-13-2007, 06:38 PM

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •