Thread: 1st timers from michigan

Default 1st timers from michigan

hello, my friend and i are poor college kids from michigan and need people to join are voyage to coachella- the more the merrier!!

we have a rough plan of flying out to LAX thursday night, and staying in a hotel around indio. is anyone interested in sharing a hotel or a ride from LAX? we've been to bonnaroo for the past 4 years, but were gonna switch it up this year...any advice from those who have flown cross country before? i would like to try a hotel this time around. 4 years of bonnaroo mud and dust has made me loathe showers and air conditioning. but i can't imagine california is as humid as tenn? anyways is it better to camp or stay in a hotel for coachella?

Default Re: 1st timers from michigan

Most nearby hotels will already be fully booked by now. You should check around and see if anything reasonable is still available. If not, that might answer your question about camping and hotels for you.

Does your new found distaste for showers last year round?
    At some point in time a man switches from "I'll have what he's having" to "I'll have what I'm having."

Camping is where it's at,baby.You'll have a blast and it's cheap and you don't have to deal with the man trying to hassle you none.

Viceroy is unavailable. Crap and it's early too.
    Whiskey Sour

2 oz blended whiskey
    Juice of 1/2 lemon
    1/2 tsp powdered sugar
    1 cherry
    1/2 slice lemon

Shake blended whiskey, juice of lemon, and powdered sugar with ice and strain into a whiskey sour glass. Decorate with the half-slice of lemon, top with the cherry, and serve.

I want to kidnap the Viceroy's interior decorator and put her on permanent personal retainer.

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

I think I'd prefer Jonathan Adler.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

Yeah, I'd settle for Jonathan Adler. Hasn't he designed a line for Target yet?

Gummi bear sultan miscorrections's Avatar

No, I don't think so. I went to his store on Fillmore in SF and wanted to live there.
    Quote Originally Posted by bmack86 View Post
    Has anyone gone on a date with a sandwich recently? What base did you get to? Ham?

He needs to make that happen soon.

You living in his store, I mean.

Everyone should have a sculpture of a giraffe in their foyer. Yes, yes they should.

Wink Re: 1st timers from michigan

I'm from MI, too! This will be my 4th Coachella. I go with a buddy. The first two years, we drove from MI (which was amusing needlesstosay). Last year we found $40 roundtrip tickets to Cali, so we just HAD to do that, haha. This year, I'm not sure what we're going to do.
    We've camped all the past 3 years. I think staying at a hotel, driving in, and having to deal with traffic would be tres annoying. Though, if you're carpooling, at least you'd have access to carpoolchella. Since my friend and I camp, we missed it last year

In 2007, the camping entrance was really lame. Instead of getting any sort of benefit for early entry, we were subject to the worst security guards ever. People we camped near waited 2 hours to get in... my friend and I said eff that and got in under 15 minutes at the main entrance. Hopefully we won't have to do that this year.

I used to live in Birmingham & Rochester, Michigan. I live here now - so I don't have to camp nor stay in a motel. Ha.
    Quote Originally Posted by SepaGroove View Post
    You shouldn't feel uncool for not going to EDC, you should feel uncool because you are uncool.

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by gaypalmsprings View Post
    I used to live in Birmingham & Rochester, Michigan. I live here now - so I don't have to camp nor stay in a motel. Ha.
    Lucky bastard....
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by peggah View Post
    I think staying at a hotel, driving in, and having to deal with traffic would be tres annoying.
    I camped the first three years and stayed at a hotel this year. Let me tell you, the A/C and beds alone is worth it. IT is SO nice to come back to a bed after a day at Coachella
    Superfan will be in front of the Fonda masturbating furiously to a photo of him taking a photo of a band. Set is from 8:05 to approximately 8:05:15. Guest list only.

Upcoming Shows: Nocturnal Wonderland Saturday, Cut Chemist/Dj Shadow - Palladium, Massive Attack SB Bowl, Festival Supreme, Coachella 2015

Judgy McMarco TeamCoachellaHellYeah's Avatar

Seriously, and also having 1st dibbs on the showers is great too...
    Quote Originally Posted by TomAz View Post
    Reviewers who note the size of the crowd are dumb fucks.
    COACHELLA's: 2001. 2002. 2003. 2004. 2005. 2006. 2007. 2008. 2009. 2010. 2011. 2012. 2013. 2014. 2015.

Quote Originally Posted by happybear View Post
    hello, my friend and i are poor college kids from michigan and need people to join are voyage to coachella- the more the merrier!!

we have a rough plan of flying out to LAX thursday night, and staying in a hotel around indio. is anyone interested in sharing a hotel or a ride from LAX? we've been to bonnaroo for the past 4 years, but were gonna switch it up this year...any advice from those who have flown cross country before? i would like to try a hotel this time around. 4 years of bonnaroo mud and dust has made me loathe showers and air conditioning. but i can't imagine california is as humid as tenn? anyways is it better to camp or stay in a hotel for coachella?
    i am from michigan as well, although i live in chicago now. last year i did both bonnaroo and coachella, and the camping at coachella is much better. it is hot as hell every morning but it's dry so it's not nearly as rough as the humidity. i will be camping again this year at coachella but if you wanna carpool from lax that'd be excellent, i plan on flying the same time you do (do you have a flight booked already?).

ps
    CAMP
    CAMP
    CAMP