Thread: Bjoooooooooooork

Default Bjoooooooooooork

Well- the assumptions are on high gear.

this was taken from bjork.com

We here at bjork.com/unity have received communication from our very own Meester Fly, and we are glad to post it now:

"It has not been snowing at all here, but today we are graced with snow. It is a few days after the hidden people and elves move home, if they have to. We are in Iceland. I arrived after a short absence of mind and body back into the HQ of the MWC. I got the word to get back on the case and gather some knowledge, as I of course, am truly the wise one.

Being the one and only I got sent new songs from Björk. These songs are to be on the new album she has been working on for the past months. She has been all around the world to record, working with numerous people from truly different background. I have been left with many thoughts after listening to these tracks, the first impression is that I want to hear more, as I did not get everything shortlisted for the record. It made me excited.

The only thing I have heard prior of the making of this new record was a collaboration with Timbaland was being penned in. They met for a couple of sessions and laid down some beats for two tracks, "then I took these tracks and worked on them further", says Björk. This is true, as I hear that she has taken them to a another level.

We speak about the many collaborators on this record and the list is very interesting as Antony Hegerty duets on two tracks. Drummer Chris Corsano jumps into at least the 2 songs. New sounds and instrumentation are provided by Toumani Diabate who plays the Kora and Konono nr.1 with electric thumb pianos. More percussive delights come from Brian Chippendale from Lightning Bolt Great artists being drafted into the fold!

This list is very impressive and intriguing and from this first batch of song create a very unique sound and emotion. Nothing sounds really familiar about this experience, apart from the name of Mark Bell, him I know. And Sjón, turns to form to deliver one lyric, his 5th lyric since they started work together. This record is a Björk production par excellence. No stone left unturned to seek out the perfect pitch.

And more work is being done in the next few weeks on the new record. It has not got a name. The record is scheduled for late spring release. Some of us have wished to see Björk live in concert.

Well. Björk will be going on the road and giving us long wanted concert recitals. Yes gigging again. I get to see who is the band, I'll be damned, I forgot. It is being finalised right now! From what I remember: We are in for a treat. I am promised to be there. Bien sur. Of-course. Að sjálfsögðu. More soon."

Default Re: Bjoooooooooooork

This is good.... We'll see

) : I was hoping it would say something about her playing coachella. Oh well, I hope she's there though that would be awesome.

i dont know- maybe im specualting too hard- but there seems to be hints in there. maybe it's just wishful thinking.

i pray that she is there this year! that would make me so happy!

didnt someone already find a link that said she'd be in the middle of a us tour in april?

Best case scenario...a Sugarcubes reunion with a half-Sugarcubes/Half-Bjork solo set.

Damn...that'd make my whole weekend, for sure.

just watched utube of BJORK doin "the hunter" @ coachella02.... so cool
    I was there but soooo far from the stage. Only stayed for part of the set cuz
    gurdy(my buddy) told me to check out these chiks makin out right next to us
    and they saw us lookn. next thing ya know they start glaring @ us with a look like they were thinkn about jumpin us and kickn or ass's( this all could of been the "white mitzubishi's" talkn, but we left anywayz!) ahh memories.........

if she is there this year then that i will be there 100%...right now i am like 50% sure i can go..

does anyone think there is a chance tori amos will be there too? she has an album maybe coming out around that time too...

5 years ago there was an amazing performance put on by Bjork at Coachella. 5 years has brought us Medulla in ***4, Drawing Restraint 9 in ***6, and a brand new album full of surprises for ***7. She is in the states during the time of Coachella ***7. It would be perfect timing to put on a show with the work she has accomplished. My guess is that she will be one of the headliners. And if she is...I hope she brings everyone with her that has worked on her albums.

If she isnt a headliner, well then there better be an amazing person to fill one of the three nights!
    An elegant death by glow sticks.

...05',06',07',08',09',10',11',12',13' and counting...

Bjork is amazing enough to headline.

indeed she is.

this says Bjork is destined to be there (april 29):

http://www.russellsastronomy.com/sky...0moon%20sm.jpg
    Last edited by amdux; 01-20-2007 at 01:29 AM.

awesome! BJORK headlines Sunday under another FULL MOON at Coachella!

i would love bjork to headline

Quote Originally Posted by Ardentbiscuit View Post
    This is the equivalent of musical water boarding.

if she plays i will die to hear some medulla! where is the line with you....

I TOLD YOU SHE WAS CONFIRMED!

yaY!!! very excited to see her. She's probably my favorite artist and i haven't seen in yet.

Bjork!